Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Also, cant believe they havent won a conference title in the big 3 sports in 20 years

dayuuuummmm

They bitch about Texas athletics sucking as of late, yet since just 2000, Texas has won more NCAA championships than aggy has won in the history of their school.

aggy is just a craptastic school.

• Like 1

• Replies 72.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

I'm aware of that, but I'm not sure what your point is.  All it is doing is limiting the discussion to a current relevant subset.

I'm not sure what your point is, I simply quoted greenspoint who "wondered what it would be like if modern era wasn't part of the qualification" or something thereabouts. I wasn't aware you were moderator of the aggy thread..

5 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Reminds me of the time TelcoAg was scraping websites to prove that Johnny Manziel’s NCAA violations regarding autographs weren’t unprecedented. He found out that they were unprecedented and disappeared. Truth is kryptionite to aggy nation. 

4 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Haha - they really don't want to be bothered by factual information, do they? 

Nothing upsets aggy more than factual information. They won't admit it but they absolutely get worked up over facts like head to head records, top 10 finishes, national titles and so on. 

Which is why they started claiming fake championships. 

Edited by texasstrong12

15 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Nothing upsets aggy more than factual information. They won't admit it but they absolutely get worked up over facts like head to head records, top 10 finishes, national titles and so on. 

Which is why they started claiming fake championships. 

This is the type of hard hitting facts that aggy prefers... 

SEC Network's Greg McElroy was on the show CFB Live on Monday and gave his view of the distinct differences in recruiting between Clemson and SEC schools like Alabama, Texas A&M, and Georgia.

"I think it just depends on the player and that is the beauty of college football," he said. "It's what you are into. If you want to go to a place that is going to have Putt-Putt and great music at practice and you want to have fun in the week leading up to the game, then you can go to places like Florida State or Clemson. If you want to go to a place that is all about winning, all about X's and O's, all about trying to define what the values of the organization are there are places like that for you. Like Alabama, like Texas A&M, like Georgia. I think there is something for everybody."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Reminds me of the time TelcoAg was scraping websites to prove that Johnny Manziel’s NCAA violations regarding autographs weren’t unprecedented. He found out that they were unprecedented and disappeared. Truth is kryptionite to aggy nation. 

I remember that silly unaccountable fuck.

his “data-dump” that he never came through with. He also never had the balls to admit he was full of shit. Him and CuppyCup. What a dork fest.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Modessit said:

So I was looking at that Good Bull Hunting article and was perusing the football stats chart. It shows aggy as having a Title in 2012 and 2 NC Appearances (1994 & 2012). What am I missing?

You were off a column. 2012 was in the "Top 5 Finishes/CFP appearance" column, and (1994, 2012) was in the "Top 10 Finishes" column.

It was posted a while back, but can someone bring up the stats showing Texas has more P5 wins in football than aggy does since they joined the SEC?
Without looking, aggy in conference is .500 in both the sec and big 12. Its within a few points. It may be .520 I can't remember.

They obviously played in the sec better with B12 selected players. That is a fact.
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

This is the type of hard hitting facts that aggy prefers... 

Same show but he and andre ware laughed at 05 Texas being the best cfb championship team in the past 20 years because, as ware put it, we only had Vince but the 01 Miami team was loaded...

Fuck them. 

26 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Same show but he and andre ware laughed at 05 Texas being the best cfb championship team in the past 20 years because, as ware put it, we only had Vince but the 01 Miami team was loaded...

Fuck them. 

Ware is such a relentless bitch about Texas. Besides VY, here are the guys from that team that played in the NFL (many have had long careers and there are a bunch of Pro Bowls in here):

Jamaal Charles, Selvin Young, Justin Blalock, Kasey Studdard, Jon Scott, Lyle Sendlein, David Thomas, Limas Sweed, Quan Cosby, Rod Wright, Brian Robison, Tim Crowder, Roy Miller, Frank Okam, Brian Orakpo, Michael Huff, Michael Griffin, Aaron Ross, Tarell Brown, Ced Griffin

I'm sure I'm missing some, but if you're keeping track, that's pretty much every starter on offense and defense. 

But yeah...it was just VY; hard-hitting, well-informed journalism, Andre, well done. 

I also recall Ware on Houston sports radio in 2008, the Monday after Texas beat #1 OU...and he went out of his way to insist that Illinois, not Texas, should be #1. The man just cannot be objective when it comes to Texas, for whatever reason (I know I can't be either, for the most part, but it isn't my job to be). 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Ware is such a relentless bitch about Texas. Besides VY, here are the guys from that team that played in the NFL (many have had long careers and there are a bunch of Pro Bowls in here):

Jamaal Charles, Selvin Young, Justin Blalock, Kasey Studdard, Jon Scott, Lyle Sendlein, David Thomas, Limas Sweed, Quan Cosby, Rod Wright, Brian Robison, Tim Crowder, Roy Miller, Frank Okam, Brian Orakpo, Michael Huff, Michael Griffin, Aaron Ross, Tarell Brown, Ced Griffin

I'm sure I'm missing some, but if you're keeping track, that's pretty much every starter on offense and defense. 

But yeah...it was just VY; hard-hitting, well-informed journalism, Andre, well done. 

I also recall Ware on Houston sports radio in 2008, the Monday after Texas beat #1 OU...and he went out of his way to insist that Illinois, not Texas, should be #1. The man just cannot be objective when it comes to Texas, for whatever reason (I know I can't be either, for the most part, but it isn't my job to be). 

Colt McCoy, Ahmard Hall, Tony Hills, Jermichael Finley, Derek Lokey, Henry Melton, Rod Muckelroy, and Chris Ogbonnaya all were on the 05 team and also made the league and none of these guys were a COLOSSAL bust a la Andre Ware, who should thank Ryan Leaf every day for taking attention away from how bad he SUCKED in the NFL...5 career TD passes in 14 games for the 7th overall pick. Really stunningly shitty pro career for that draft position

Ware's panties are in a permanent bunch over Texas only offering him as a DB...

He's a shitty announcer too...very condescending and arrogant.  Can't stand him on radio or TV     

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Later in the show, the idea of "which conference had the most to prove" came up.  Of course Andre jumps all over the Big 12.  Goes on and on about how they need to add two more teams.  Rod Gilmore laughed and wondered if he had anyone specifically in mind.  My god, Ware is such a whiny bitch.

6 minutes ago, PW119 said:

Later in the show, the idea of "which conference had the most to prove" came up.  Of course Andre jumps all over the Big 12.  Goes on and on about how they need to add two more teams.  Rod Gilmore laughed and wondered if he had anyone specifically in mind.  My god, Ware is such a whiny bitch.

What show was this?

1 hour ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Easier to say the LBs; Kelson, Killabrew, and Harris plus WRs Billy Pittman and Nate Jones, and OG Will Allen are the starters from that team not to play in the NFL. So, 8 on each side of the line played in the NFL.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

6 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

Man I hope you meant Penn State or something. Illinois was probably a .500 team in 2008. Ware would need to be immediately checked for a head injury if he said that.

19 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

All it takes is two seconds of research to realize Smith was a Urban Meyer hire. Smith was at Florida with Meyer before Herman even entered the picture. 

Saw on another board that Smith's domestic abuse issues go all the way back to UF days. Supposedly Urban covered it up at UF.

Not sure how reliable that is but Aggy is just trying to make a desperate connection to Herman. Doesn't surprise me they would start saying this shit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

Saw on another board that Smith's domestic abuse issues go all the way back to UF days. Supposedly Urban covered it up at UF.

Not sure how reliable that is but Aggy is just trying to make a desperate connection to Herman. Doesn't surprise me they would start saying this shit.

Ronburgandyidontbelieveyou.gif

6 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

Ronburgandyidontbelieveyou.gif

All it took was a little Googling:

" Zach Smith had another domestic abuse allegation on his then-pregnant wife in 2009 while he was on Meyer’s staff at the University of Florida. Meyer said he knew about those allegations, but said last week that he would have fired Zach Smith if he knew about the 2015 incidents."

Toledo paper

13 minutes ago, TBGFL said:

All it took was a little Googling:

" Zach Smith had another domestic abuse allegation on his then-pregnant wife in 2009 while he was on Meyer’s staff at the University of Florida. Meyer said he knew about those allegations, but said last week that he would have fired Zach Smith if he knew about the 2015 incidents."

Toledo paper

Sorry, my sarcasm font module must not have loaded correctly, my apologies

Lot of Aggies claim to love Jesus...perhaps his words from Matthew 7:5 should be taken to heart.

You hypocrite! First remove the beam out of your own eye, and then you can see clearly to remove the speck out of your brother’s eye.

For those Aggies that can't process what this is saying, let me put it into how Jesus might respond to them:

Why the hell are you trying to crap on Tom Herman, who wasn't even on tOSU's staff in 2015* (he was hired by UH in December 2014 and left right after the NC game in January 2015) when you will pay $75 million to an individual who knowingly covered for his star player related to an incident of sexual assault.

*A quick Google search reveals the date of the alleged incident was Oct. 25, 2015