Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

9 hours ago, ousux said:
10 hours ago, Buzzrock said:
I think I might go to the Clemson v Aggy game.

I can’t wait to root against aggy

Why would you do that to yourself? I feel icky just getting too close to collie station when driving to Houston..

From where I live in Sugar Land, Highway 6 is a necessary highway route sometimes, but I don't ever stop in BSC and there ain't no way I'm ever subjecting myself to going to a a game there. 

• Replies 72.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Have fun, aggy - Connelly has Clemson projected to win by 12, with a 75% total chance of winning

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/7/27/17561820/clemson-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster

Clemson has depth, experience, athleticism, and room for growth. The ACC’s middle class is loaded this year, but Swinney’s Tigers are on an entirely different plane.

2 hours ago, texifornia said:
When SEC dickriding goes horribly wrong

You know, when you boil it all down, this "compare SEC and Big 12" thread is just the same old aggy argument that it's better to be Bama's butt boy than Texas or OU's. They don't give two shits that OU is a better program than them and it's irrelevant to their worldview.  

Giving the points seems like a solid way to make some money. I don't bet on games, but I'd make an exception for that if I could. An overwhelming D line can force a lot of turnovers including interceptions. Clemson is not going to sleep in a game against an SEC opponent.

If the Aggies hold it to 12, they would feel pretty good if they were a regular fan base. Being Aggies, losing by 12 to Clemson could be their biggest win of the season.

The Texas A&M Athletic Department just sent me their season-opener uni along with a short, promotional blurb. 

"We are thrilled to share our opening-day uni, which is named "Jumbo$." It's really a classic look, and we love the color synergy with our beloved maroon. The helmet will prominently feature the NC trophy that was reverently presented to Coach Fisher last spring by our President." 

Next up: The 1939 Throwback European Championship Uni, "Goose Step." 

Aggie_Jimbo_Uni.jpg

• Haha 1

I don't remember if this was already confirmed or not, but CDC himself did approach A&M about playing before scheduling the Alabama home-and-home: https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/7/26/17615572/chris-del-conte-texas-longhorns-facilities-conference-realignment-schedule

BON: You set up the home-and-home with Alabama rather quickly. Alabama hasn’t played a true road non-conference game since traveling to Penn State in 2011. What sparked that game and how complicated is the process setting up these marquee nonconference games?

CDC: If you look at our scheduling right now for a moment. The philosophy has always been to have a big-time opponent. This year we have USC on the back end of home-and-home. Then we have LSU, home-and-home. Then we have a return game to Arkansas. Then Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, and Michigan again. So I think our philosophy is always trying to play a significant brand opponent as one of our three non-conference games. And that’s been great.

With the Alabama game, we had Ohio State reach out to me and ask to move our game back a couple years because they were able to schedule Notre Dame. I understood that. I said, “Okay, but let me find a game before we do that.”

The athletics cirector at Alabama is a dear friend of mine and said ‘Hey, do you want to play a home-and-home?’

And I said ‘Yeah, let’s do that.’ And we were able to do that.

We talked briefly to A&M. A&M was already booked at the time and couldn’t do it. Alabama had an opening and away we went.

Usually it’s not that easy. We are now working on games for 2027, 2028, 2029, 2030, 2031, 2032.

The AD at TCU will not touch football scheduling until 2031. That’s how far out I booked TCU. I booked every game of the decade from 2020-2030.

BON: So you actually have already talked with A&M about a potential game?

CDC: Yeah, I said “Hey, if I’m able to move this game does it make sense?”

But see the problem isn’t that they said no. It’s all about the timing.

So listen here: Today is July 25, 2018. Imagine: Every single football game is booked between now and 2030. That’s how far out we are.

I’m already booked with our major opponents until 2028 — and I’m talking about the big major Power Five conference games. So when Ohio State wanted to move that game, it’s not that easy to do it with that short of notice.

People think, “But that’s five years away.”

Yeah, but we are so far out in terms of scheduling. It just happened to be perfect timing for Alabama and wasn’t good timing for A&M.

So we scheduled Alabama and were also able to slot Ohio State a few years back.

It's been a while since I've been to an aggy game in the tackle box. In fact, the last one featured VY.

I did see Iowa State beat them there, though, and that was a remarkably fun experience. It confirmed for me something which is obvious to anyone who has seen them there multiple times: they have the most overrated home field advantage of any team ever. When the stands emptied out in the 3rd quarter against Ol' Miss, it didn't surprise me, because I'd seen it before. It's just what they do. They leave early, practically every time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It's been a while since I've been to an aggy game in the tackle box. In fact, the last one featured VY.

I did see Iowa State beat them there, though, and that was a remarkably fun experience. It confirmed for me something which is obvious to anyone who has seen them there multiple times: they have the most overrated home field advantage of any team ever. When the stands emptied out in the 3rd quarter against Ol' Miss, it didn't surprise me, because I'd seen it before. It's just what they do. They leave early, practically every time.

The only game where their fans are actually present, and loud, is against Texas.  Maybe against Alabama or LSU, wouldn't know.  But I was at that same ISU game and it was just like you said, they cleared out early and were quiet even when they were present.  I've also seen them play against Missouri, Oklahoma State, and a handful of directional schools over the years.  Those crowds make a game against Rice at DKR-TMS seem lively by comparison.

Edited by utee94

2 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

If Clemson only wins by 12, I guarantee you aggy will be whooping and hollering and talking shit after the game as though they had won

"We would have handled them easy if only every good play they made didn't happen and we just converted on every single one of our near misses."

-Stoopid aggy

It is 100% a guarantee that aggy will celebrate the Clemson loss as a victory. You will then read how the "Clemson experience" honed the team in the fire, and they are now hardened and prepared to face Alabama. Exactly 1 hour before kickoff in the Bama game will represent the Blood Moon for aggy, the pinnacle of the roller coaster and the height of their 2018 season. 

3 hours later, the roller coaster will crash.

If Clemson only wins by 12, I guarantee you aggy will be whooping and hollering and talking shit after the game as though they had won

I'm going out on a narrow limb right now and state that aggy doesn't come anywhere close to only losing by 12 points vs Clemson.

If aggy is smart, they'll ship extra lube into College Station prior to game week and "premedicate".

20 minutes ago, Modessit said:
3 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

Maybe Clemson's entire team will have cramps from not having working toilets to use and only win 12-0.

Never underestimate Dinesh Patel. Food poisoning for the win. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

The only time I've been to a game in CS was in 2005 (for the Texas game). It was...weird. Just a weird place, man. I look forward to never returning. 

Last game I saw there was in I believe 1995, when Ricky and Westbrook stomped that ass. Texas fans stormed the field, and they tried to fight all the fans. It was fucking glorious. That said, I will not be returning to that shit-hole ever again.

Edited by Sejjr