2022 Texas Coaching/Support Staff Thread

RaysBoomBoomRoom

52 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Hutzler for sure.  Choate is the remaining weak link in recruiting, and his coaching and personnel choices on the field didn’t exactly work miracles this year, either.  

Choate was brought along because he had worked with PK previously (main reason, especially relevant for all the people who complain about how PK didn't get to choose any of his assistants), had HC experience which is always a plus and had some NW connections. He didn't fully deliver this cycle but I also know that Derrick Brown was headed to Baylor before Choate stepped in and turned up the heat (I think he was maybe getting primarily recruited by PK prior). He also got Trevell Johnson in the fold pretty early in the cycle so a lot of his contributions on the trail were wrapped up before the season began.

All that being said I agree he needs to be better. I'll be watching Ford's development big time this year and Choate should be heavily involved in the 2023 class because we should probably be taking at least 3 LB's considering our lone LB take in 2020 already transferred (Cooks) and the other (Blackwell) is already repping more at safety.

Edited by Hookem2147

16 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

GoGo dancers and Sark after Dark…. Would be a wild combo.

I have to admit the 2 back GoGo sets with Rojo and Bijan could be fun with how well Rojo blocks and how many guys we have that can set up outside and motion into the GoGo set. Even better use it to get Bijan even more one on one receiving matchups as well.

1 minute ago, Laxtonto said:

I have to admit the 2 back GoGo sets with Rojo and Bijan could be fun with how well Rojo blocks and how many guys we have that can set up outside and motion into the GoGo set. 

The biggest benefit of hiring Sark is that he is a great offensive mind.  He can watch film and figure out the benefits of the offense this guy has been running and incorporate it into our offense where applicable.  We need to hire the best combination of a teacher and a recruiter for our next WR coach.  Choice seems like a huge win at RB.  Do something similar for WR and we'll be in good shape.  

8 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I have to admit the 2 back GoGo sets with Rojo and Bijan could be fun with how well Rojo blocks and how many guys we have that can set up outside and motion into the GoGo set. Even better use it to get Bijan even more one on one receiving matchups as well.

The GoGo sets would probably be RoJo at QB, with the Robinsons.

8 minutes ago, Jabberwocky said:

...and whatever this means. I do not follow him on insta.

Well if he's not being retained in an off-the-field role, good luck and his finances will be ok for 12 months

Spoiler

WRs coach Andre Coleman: 2 years — $450,000 (2021), $500,000 (2022)

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Well if he's not being retained in an off-the-field role, good luck and his finances will be ok for 12 months

Hide contents

WRs coach Andre Coleman: 2 years — $450,000 (2021), $500,000 (2022)

We paid him $450K to recruit one WR in this class?  Or do we have more?

Samples isn't just sitting around waiting for Sark to call. He may or may not want to coach at Texas right now. Just like we may or may not be targeting him. 

I’d like to hear we took a shot at him though.

I hope that Marion is not chasing a gimmick offense to bail out Sark. I don’t get the recruiting part of it at all.

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Samples isn't just sitting around waiting for Sark to call. He may or may not want to coach at Texas right now. Just like we may or may not be targeting him. 

It's amazing how the rest of college football has a completely different opinion of Samples than surly. If he was this great addition, then some P5 program would have snapped him up by now.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Beef said:

I hope that Marion is not chasing a gimmick offense to bail out Sark. I don’t get the recruiting part of it at all.

I'm guessing Texas already took a shot at him when Dykes left SMU. Or hit his line at least. 

Granted Coleman wasn't going to be let go until after the 15th. 

2 minutes ago, Beef said:

? Sark may implement a thing or two of his that he likes but he ain’t switching the entire offense to this go-go stuff. 

And Marion can recruit. He recruited Texas for Pitt and had connections here.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I would like us to prefect Sarks offense before we start to add something from  a guy who doesn’t stay long enough to unpack

11 minutes ago, Beef said:

1 minute ago, Beer Horn said:

I would like us to prefect Sarks offense before we start to add something from  a guy who doesn’t stay long enough to unpack

The WR coaching taeks are coming in hot from the Outback Steakhouse menu tonight

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

It’s quite possible, and absolutely makes sense, that head coaches don’t hold Samples on the same tier as Texas fans do. I mean, he’d likely still be at SMU if it wasn’t for the entire staff shifting down the street. He may prove to be extremely valuable down the road, but so far it doesn’t appear as though Dykes is fighting to hang on to him.

• Hook 'Em 1