Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

14 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Also, sorry for the spam, but interesting to note that Kelshaun retweeted Gerry's prediction of him.

Also, apparently he works with Willie Lyles. Didn't we typically used to avoid athletes of his?

Johnson’s already 18? Spec’s can’t hire minors.

19 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Also, sorry for the spam, but interesting to note that Kelshaun retweeted Gerry's prediction of him.

Also, apparently he works with Willie Lyles. Didn't we typically used to avoid athletes of his?

Bag game dead, it's all about NIL now, so Willie Lyles is likely no longer relevant.

But otherwise, this is a @closetojumping special. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Texasborn91 said:

Saw this dude as a freshman and my God….Hitchcock tapped into something in their water over there bc they churn out athletes. 

I cannot believe they lost to Little River. Their DC doesnt know how to line up to shit.

11 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Sting 'em, Bees!!!!

I FINALLY, after 30 years on the internet, get to talk some high school football smack to somebody!  Feels good, man.

Im not from Hitchcock but congrats. One of my former bosses finished his career at LR. David Ash was an 8th grader there at the time.

16 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Hopefully Baker can keep Brown committed and land one (or both) of Zion Williams amd DJ Sanders.  This class is going to need at least three DT's, maybe four.

I would think 4 with of one ready to play some meaningful snaps. And we should expect to take another 1-2 in the portal.

11 minutes ago, Danimal said:

I would think 4 with of one ready to play some meaningful snaps. And we should expect to take another 1-2 in the portal.

I forgot about Rink, I'm just going to assume he'll be in the class.  Dilon Battle is also a good DT in-state.  We also have an offer to Floyd Guidry.  It's actually a pretty good year for DL in the state this cycle.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

LSU is certainly maximizing for a team that was out of the CFP in September. Kelly is coming his recruiting “legs” and that’s not great.

Yeah those bozos keep talking on Tigerdroppings about how they are going to lock down Louisiana and get who they want in the DFW area/some in Houston.  Hope we flip Moore and keep that clown Kelly outta' Texas.  Moore always felt like a pressure commit right after they lost Simmons.

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yeah those bozos keep talking on Tigerdroppings about how they are going to lock down Louisiana and get who they want in the DFW area/some in Houston.  Hope we flip Moore and keep that clown Kelly outta' Texas.  Moore always felt like a pressure commit right after they lost Simmons.

I’d imagine Moore was a silent and they begged him to publicly commit to prevent Tigerdroppings from burning down.

They’re obviously playing the inducement game, but I’m not sure how. They’re offering something Texas isn’t, so I assume it’s cash upfront. Paying a 17 year old to commit a year out is a bold strategy Cotton. Let’s see if it works out for them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2025 and 2026 set up extremely well for LSU in Louisiana. Believe I saw the other day where like 3 top 10 prospects in the country in 2026 are in Louisiana.

Also helps that LSU doesn’t have an incompetent defensive coaching staff anymore.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Their DL coach blows.

The entire staff blows, I'd we're being honest. Kelly had to fire the entire defensive staff because they sucked so bad. The o-line and coach sucks shit. I do like their QB, Mussmeier. I think he'll be a stud. Their RB's are meh, but they always have WR's that no one has heard of that show out. But unless their line can keep Mussmeier clean, it could be a disaster this season. Perkins looked pretty good, but he also looked lost out there at times.