Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It was amazing how fast it came crashing down, too. It wasn't like we played for the NC, then went 9-3 for a couple of years, and then 6-6 or something. Nope. Play for the NC (which we should have won), then absolute dogshit eight months later. 

Someone change the subject. 

Dumb ass Mack wanting to convert the whole offense to personnel shit we didn't have was so fucking stupid.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

It was amazing how fast it came crashing down, too. It wasn't like we played for the NC, then went 9-3 for a couple of years, and then 6-6 or something. Nope. Play for the NC (which we should have won), then absolute dogshit eight months later. 

No no. Now that it's been started it must be completed. We must punish ourselves by posting/reading about how bad we were from 2010-2022. This is Surly's Law & there is no escape.

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Red Five said:

+

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3

56 minutes ago, hook me said:

No no. Now that it's been started it must be completed. We must punish ourselves by posting/reading about how bad we were from 2010-2022. This is Surly's Law & there is no escape.

I got you fam.

I had just moved to Houston in the fall of 2010. I was so excited for the first game against Rice, just minutes from my new home! We had just played for the MNC! We were ranked #5 preseason! This is the year! I was fucking hammered by kickoff.

And then....we kinda looked shitty. HornFans or Shaggy, can't remember which we were on back then, did its usual "a win is a win! some of y'all will never be happy!", but nothing could hide the fact that we looked bad against a bad Rice team.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I got you fam.

I had just moved to Houston in the fall of 2010. I was so excited for the first game against Rice, just minutes from my new home! We had just played for the MNC! We were ranked #5 preseason! This is the year! I was fucking hammered by kickoff.

And then....we kinda looked shitty. HornFans or Shaggy, can't remember which we were on back then, did its usual "a win is a win! some of y'all will never be happy!", but nothing could hide the fact that we looked bad against a bad Rice team.

Was there. There was hope in the air after Garrett Gilbert looked decent in the championship game months before. Then we looked like dogshit against a bad opponent. Rice went 4-8 that year, later giving up an average of 60 points against the likes of Tulsa and Tulane. So it's not like Gilbert was facing a functional defense. 

Bless Sark for rescuing us from a dozen years of ineptitude that began in Reliant Stadium that dark day.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Was there. There was hope in the air after Garrett Gilbert looked decent in the championship game months before. Then we looked like dogshit against a bad opponent. Rice went 4-8 that year, later giving up an average of 60 points against the likes of Tulsa and Tulane. So it's not like Gilbert was facing a functional defense. 

Bless Sark for rescuing us from a dozen years of ineptitude that began in Reliant Stadium that dark day.

The pregame and postgame difference could not have been more stark. I was euphoric walking in to the stadium, I remember it clearly. By the 2nd half the stadium was like a morgue. No excitement, no enthusiasm whatosever from fans or team.

Damn right on Sark. We are just in such a better place right now. I mean, thanks to them for their service to Texas football and all, but check out our offensive skill position "talent" from that day: GG, Tre Newton, Cody Johnson, Fozzy Whittaker, Malcolm Williams, Marquise Goodwin, John Chiles. Yech. Hats off to Goodwin for hanging around the NFL for several years, but the rest of that group is pretty rough.

Edited by tokamak
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

53 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I got you fam.

And beating the crap out of bad teams was one thing Mack always did. Bad, bad sign. 

Posted (edited)

June 21st.

Blair Angulo's article below.

image.thumb.png.986c3d1321950feedcaaff6e459f4553.png

Elite linebacker Matai Tagoa'i locks in Texas official visit

Blair Angulo (247 Sports)

Spoiler

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. — Elite defender Matai Tagoa'i has circled yet another big weekend on his offseason calendar.

The four-star linebacker from San Clemente (Calif.) has locked in his official visit to Texas for the weekend of June 21, continuing to fill out an itinerary that already included trips to Washington (May 31) and Utah (June 15).

The Longhorns joined the race for Tagoa’i with a scholarship offer in late January and have quickly surged up the list.

“Man, they’ve been a powerhouse program and truly one of the bluebloods since I was born,” Tagoa’i told 247Sports at the OT7 Golden Ticket tournament. “They’ve been consistent and always competing. They have been winning a lot the last few seasons and that’s something I know I would want to be a part of.”

Tagoa’i is the nation’s No. 71 overall prospect, No. 10 rated linebacker and No. 3 player in the state of California for the 2025 class, per the 247Sports rankings. After transferring in from Las Vegas (Nev.) Faith Lutheran after his sophomore year Tagoa’i had a big junior season in south Orange County, accounting for 59 total tackles, including eight for a loss and seven sacks, to go along with an interception.

New coach Johnny Nansen has been spearheading the recruitment of Tagoa’i since he arrived in Austin from Arizona earlier this offseason.

“Coach Nansen came down with coach Sark back in January, and that was my first time meeting them both,” Tagoa’i said. “They both were really genuine, told me things that I wanted to hear, and we’re still building the relationship.

“This is going to be my first time out there so I’m excited about that. I’m not tied into anything specific when I get on campuses. I know a lot of guys talk about facilties and things on campus, but I’m more tied into the coaching staff and relationships. The weight room and the facility will obviously be things I look at there but for me it’s going to be about the connection I have with coaches.”

Tagoa’i has already committed to play in the 2025 Polynesian Bowl all-star game in Hawaii next January. He hopes to be able to be ready to make a college choice by mid summer heading into his senior year.

A long and athletic defender who plays inside and outside ‘backer for the Tritons, Tagoa’i has the physical upside to potentially grow into an edge rusher in college. He carries projectable traits and flashes explosiveness as an athlete.

“When you look at his ability to play in space, rush the passer or even drop in coverage, he’s an easy player to project as a national recruit with the talent to play for just about anyone in the country,” 247Sports national recruiting analyst Greg Biggins wrote in the most recent scouting report.

Edited by Getafix
  • Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BornOrange said:

Didn't Spurrier give Mack that nickname as a dig on his coaching vs recruiting abilities?

Called him "Mr. Football" because he thought he was a joke of football coach, presumably

Edited by TommyGufano
  • Hook 'Em 1

247 updated rankings today.  Eight composite 5*'s in the state now.  Moore, Sanchez, Fasusi, Williams, Haywood, Lockett, Brew, and Terry.  Pettijohn is the highest rated 4* composite and 17 of the top 100 nationally are in state.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

June 21st.

Blair Angulo's article below.

image.thumb.png.986c3d1321950feedcaaff6e459f4553.png

Reveal hidden contents

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. — Elite defender Matai Tagoa'i has circled yet another big weekend on his offseason calendar.

The four-star linebacker from San Clemente (Calif.) has locked in his official visit to Texas for the weekend of June 21, continuing to fill out an itinerary that already included trips to Washington (May 31) and Utah (June 15).

The Longhorns joined the race for Tagoa’i with a scholarship offer in late January and have quickly surged up the list.

“Man, they’ve been a powerhouse program and truly one of the bluebloods since I was born,” Tagoa’i told 247Sports at the OT7 Golden Ticket tournament. “They’ve been consistent and always competing. They have been winning a lot the last few seasons and that’s something I know I would want to be a part of.”

Tagoa’i is the nation’s No. 71 overall prospect, No. 10 rated linebacker and No. 3 player in the state of California for the 2025 class, per the 247Sports rankings. After transferring in from Las Vegas (Nev.) Faith Lutheran after his sophomore year Tagoa’i had a big junior season in south Orange County, accounting for 59 total tackles, including eight for a loss and seven sacks, to go along with an interception.

New coach Johnny Nansen has been spearheading the recruitment of Tagoa’i since he arrived in Austin from Arizona earlier this offseason.

“Coach Nansen came down with coach Sark back in January, and that was my first time meeting them both,” Tagoa’i said. “They both were really genuine, told me things that I wanted to hear, and we’re still building the relationship.

“This is going to be my first time out there so I’m excited about that. I’m not tied into anything specific when I get on campuses. I know a lot of guys talk about facilties and things on campus, but I’m more tied into the coaching staff and relationships. The weight room and the facility will obviously be things I look at there but for me it’s going to be about the connection I have with coaches.”

Tagoa’i has already committed to play in the 2025 Polynesian Bowl all-star game in Hawaii next January. He hopes to be able to be ready to make a college choice by mid summer heading into his senior year.

A long and athletic defender who plays inside and outside ‘backer for the Tritons, Tagoa’i has the physical upside to potentially grow into an edge rusher in college. He carries projectable traits and flashes explosiveness as an athlete.

“When you look at his ability to play in space, rush the passer or even drop in coverage, he’s an easy player to project as a national recruit with the talent to play for just about anyone in the country,” 247Sports national recruiting analyst Greg Biggins wrote in the most recent scouting report.

spacer.png

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I don't think we've ever seen this many high rated kids from all over the country coming in for spring visits and OV's.

Correct or incorrect, the perception is that Texas has the most NIL money. I just saw a media story on it yesterday. Every big name player wants to visit so that they can use Texas as a bargaining chip for whatever program they are trying to get money out of. 

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

Correct or incorrect, the perception is that Texas has the most NIL money. I just saw a media story on it yesterday. Every big name player wants to visit so that they can use Texas as a bargaining chip for whatever program they are trying to get money out of. 

That's fine. If they show up, we've got a chance. Nobody is offering a better deal, all things factored in, than Texas. Smart players will realize that and jump.  And if it drives the price up for other schools and forces them to draw down their reserves, that's fine, too.

Things have more than evened out in our favor now that we have a bag game.

On 2/23/2024 at 6:35 AM, Getafix said:

Rickey Stewart CBed to Texas, by Jordan Scruggs.

image.thumb.png.ed76552b3a8a20b41cf7fc0427ee59d5.png

image.thumb.png.3cd1ce72af6cbec819b399e677760efc.png

FULL ARTICLE

Crystal Ballin': Entering in a prediction for one of Texas' top offensive targets in 2025

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

Reveal hidden contents

Crystal Ballin': Entering in a prediction for one of Texas' top offensive targets in 2025

Jordan Scruggs (Horns 247)

I’ve entered in a 247Sports Crystal Ball Prediction in favor of the Texas Longhorns to land Tyler Chapel Hill 2025 three-star running back Rickey Stewart.

Currently holding 21 offers, Stewart was a one-time SMU commit but his pledge to the Ponies didn’t last long. Stewart committed to SMU on June 11, 2023 before deciding to open it up on Jan. 31, 2024.

Timing with this recruitment is notable, as the Longhorns hosted Stewart on Jan. 20 for the Junior Day where he picked up his Texas offer just 11 days before announcing his decommitment from SMU.

Another factor in his decommitment was the absence of his primary recruiter at SMU in running backs coach Khenon Hall. Hall left University Park early into the offseason to take the same position along with the associate head coach title at Baylor. The move paid off for the Bears relatively quickly, as Baylor was able to flip Tyler Chapel Hill three-star ATH 2025 Demetrius Brisbon from his SMU pledge within weeks of Hall arriving in Waco. 

Back to Stewart. All the buzz has been about Texas since Stewart took in the Forty Acres on Jan. 20 for the Longhorns’ Junior Day. According to sources, Stewart grew up pulling for the Longhorns and dreaming of landing an offer from Texas and since he’s received the offer there hasn't been much of any talk about other programs. 

“It’s exciting,” Stewart said told Horns247 when he received the Texas offer on Jan 20. “It’s an experience I ain’t ever felt before. I was happy when I got the offer. Coach (Tashard) Choice and Coach Sark are two coaches that I’m going to build a better bond with, learn more about football (from).”

On the other end of it, Texas currently views Stewart as the No. 1 running back in the state for the 2025 class and history has shown that when Tashard Choice focuses on a guy, he very rarely tends to miss. 

With all the variables at play here I’m under the impression that timing won’t be as important when it comes to the decision itself. Some think an announcement would come after official visits have been taken, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Stewart pop sometime before that. 

While the visit hasn’t been fully finalized quite yet, Stewart is aiming to be in Austin on Apr. 20 for Texas’ annual Orange and White Spring game.

Stewart has been one of the most productive running backs in the nation after bursting onto the scene as a freshman in 2021. In three years of varsity play at the 4A-D1 level, Stewart has rushed for 6,098 yards and 64 touchdowns on 630 attempts (career avg. of 9.68 YPC) while also adding 400 receiving yards and 6 receiving touchdowns off of 28 catches (career avg. of 14.29 YPC).

Watched Stewart's HUDL and... DAMN. Did anyone else ever wonder what a hybrid or Jaden Blue and Jonathan Brooks might look like? My only question: how are his hands? We've been REALLY lucky to have a bunch of HBs under Sark that catch like WRs (Bijan, Blue, Keilan, Baxter, Red (who actually was a receiver) and allegedly Gibson and Clark).

As much as we seem to use passes to the HB to GREAT effect, I would think that it would almost be a necessity for us to recruit to players with fantastic hands for the position. I really don't see much of that in Stewart's film outside two relatively easy catches (one of which was admittedly on a deep throw). That said, far be it from me to complain about taking a RB with the ability to run tough and with elite patience, vision, and speed. So by all means, sign him up. He looks like a very clear take to me. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
On 3/5/2024 at 4:26 PM, closetojumping said:

I hope Texas lands Terry, just like most everyone else here. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if Texas soft-pedals this recruitment akin to Bussey last year and others before that. The tweener recruit, where no one on the staff is convicted enough to stump for the guy, is going to get less of a push than "their guys" for each group. I've heard WR, Edge and TE for Terry with Texas. None of those have been discussed with certainty. 

I watched Emaree Winston's tape, love the kid; great feet, quick first step, looks for contact, makes tough catches.  When I watch his tape I think what a great outside, blitzing lb he could be.   You think we're truly recruiting him at te? 

Edited by murphysbackup

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, tokamak said:

I mean, thanks to them for their service to Texas football and all, but check out our offensive skill position "talent" from that day: GG, Tre Newton, Cody Johnson, Fozzy Whittaker, Malcolm Williams, Marquise Goodwin, John Chiles. Yech. Hats off to Goodwin for hanging around the NFL for several years, but the rest of that group is pretty rough.

All 3 of Whittaker, Goodwin, and Williams were perfectly workable championship level talents within a good program. The problem was the program wasn't good at that point and QB/OL play together were both atrocious.

Then of course Whittaker blew up his knee (but still played 6 seasons in the league showing he was a very good talent) and Williams had personal issues. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3

It seems pretty obvious that we have to get better at that....especially if you want to land the elite guys along the DL.  Probably wouldn't have hurt to have created the pancake factory version for DL the year after pancake factory was instituted. But hindsight blah blah blah.

20 hours ago, tokamak said:

Damn right on Sark. We are just in such a better place right now. I mean, thanks to them for their service to Texas football and all, but check out our offensive skill position "talent" from that day: GG, Tre Newton, Cody Johnson, Fozzy Whittaker, Malcolm Williams, Marquise Goodwin, John Chiles. Yech. Hats off to Goodwin for hanging around the NFL for several years, but the rest of that group is pretty rough.

just want to point out that Goodwin has more than "hung around the NFL for several years" - dude was a 3rd round pick, has played in the NFL for over a decade, has earned almost $22m in contracts, has a fully vested NFL pension and competed in the Olympics. put way more respect on his name.

Fozzy was absolutely good enough to also not be in that grouping also, earning just under $5m in the NFL himself.

Newton gets, at worst, an incomplete for having to retire in college due to concussions - dude had something like 7 or 8 in 7 years?

Johnson, Williams, Chiles - sure. but acting like Goodwin deserves to be anywhere near those guys on a "not very good talent" list is absolutely incorrect.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

All 3 of Whittaker, Goodwin, and Williams were perfectly workable championship level talents within a good program. The problem was the program wasn't good at that point and QB/OL play together were both atrocious.

Then of course Whittaker blew up his knee (but still played 6 seasons in the league showing he was a very good talent) and Williams had personal issues. 

Williams also did not have great hands. But he was a freak. That dreadful Tech game in '08... he looked unstoppable that night.

• Like 1

Thursday Morning Recruiting Nuggets (7:24 a.m. CST) (OTF - Gerry)

Spoiler

Thursday Morning Recruiting Nuggets (7:24 a.m. CST)

Gerry Hamilton

By Gerry Hamilton

• 2 hours ago

Thursday Morning Recruiting Nuggets

OnTexasFootball gets the morning started with Coffee & Football on the YouTube channel, and recruiting nuggets right here. 

Akylin Dear, RB, Quitman (Miss.) High

OnTexasFootball spoke with the 4-star running back out of The Magnolia State. 

Dear, 6-1 and 200 pounds, speaks with Texas running backs coach Tashard Choice every morning. 

“He played in the league, so I know he can teach me a lot about the game. We talk every morning."

Dear said he plans to visit Texas either April 6 or April 20. Choice has mentioned both dates, as well as June official visit date possibilities. 

Dear and family are on the way to the University of Florida today for a two-day visit. 

The explosive and powerful back with contact balance has locked in an official visit to Texas A&M June 14-16. Ole Miss is considered the team to beat by many headed into the spring. 

Isaiah Gibson, EDGE, Warner Robins (Ga.) High

OnTexasFootball 4-star Gibson spoke with Texas defensive line coach and area recruiter Kenny Baker earlier this week. 

“We are just building the relationship. He said it’s (Texas) a great environment. From everything I’ve heard, Texas is great.” 

Gibson, 6-4 and 245 pounds, said Baker talked to him about April 6 or April 20 visit possibilities. Gibson doesn't have a visit locked in, but does want to get out to Austin and take a look at Texas. A June official visit has also been discussed.

Gibson sports 37 offers with Georgia, Clemson and Oregon all in. 

Derry Norris Jr., DL, Port Orange (Fla.) Spruce Creek

OnTexasFootball spoke with the 6-3.5, 270 pound athletic defensive line prospect Wednesday night. The Central Florida area prospect said it was both area recruiter Tashard Choice and defensive line coach Kenny Baker that made the offer March 5. 

“They said how much they loved my film," Norris told OnTexasFootball. "What I do that impresses them athletically. And they said they like how I run track too."

Norris' first impression of Baker was a strong one. 

“Great dude. Everything he was saying was exactly how I was raised. He’s going to get the best out of his players."

Choice and Baker are making a push to get Norris and family on campus April 6. And that visit is possible. April 20 is already spoken for with the Florida State Spring Game. 

Norris has four official visits locked in, currently. Georgia Tech May 31-June 2 and N.C. State June 7-9 for sure. After that, the schedule could change. He currently has Minnesota June 14-16 and Purdue June 21-23. With March offers from Miami (Fla.), Texas, Texas A&M and Missouri, the current official visits are in the balance. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Would someone mind listing a "realistic best-case scenario" class? There's a ton of names floating around right now.

ctj did it maybe a week ago. To be honest, I think the list is changing too fast to get very close. We have all of these in state guy that kind of limits the upside of the class. Meanwhile we are swinging at the fences for elites around the country. We are getting positive feedback nationally and we have lots of NIL ammunition. The class will end up being a blend of in state and out of state and the top guys we are in on aren’t particularly close to narrowing their top schools, much less committing to a school. In June, we will have a much better idea of what our class will look like. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It's kind of stunning how clueless you can be while spending this much time on this site interacting with others who have actually been involved with this shit.

Everything after the Pancake Factory cycle has been at Sarkisian's direction. If Texas is short somewhere, which is a stretch, or hasn't appeared to prioritize something, that is due to how Sarkisian was managing the class. The same is true now. There isn't an NIL limit for Sarkisian in this cycle. 

Texas is going to have 4 monster recruiting weekends unlike any we've ever seen, potentially. 4/6, 4/20, early June, and 6/22. It's starting to look kind of insane.

Regardless if it was Sark's discretion or not it doesn't take away from what I said.....it would have been nice to have that for help on the defensive front. But I get it you have to be a pompous ass.

Also the bolded is very gruntling to hear. Lets go!

Also how is our side handling the Tenn/Virginia injunctions? 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Regardless if it was Sark's discretion or not it doesn't take away from what I said.....it would have been nice to have that for help on the defensive front. But I get it you have to be a pompous ass.

Also the bolded is very gruntling to hear. Lets go!

Also how is our side handling the Tenn/Virginia injunctions? 

You lamented not having something specific for the DL in prior cycles. I responded stating that Sarkisian could have had whatever he needed for DLs and that he wasn't making it a specific point of emphasis, so lamenting not having anything for DLs is pointless.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

You lamented not having something specific for the DL in prior cycles. I responded stating that Sarkisian could have had whatever he needed for DLs and that he wasn't making it a specific point of emphasis, so lamenting not having anything for DLs is pointless.

See the edited post for the last question....i'm interested to see your thoughts from our point of view.

I don't understand the question. The NCAA has backed off all NIL related investigations. It's open season. You could steal city hall. It's the wild west. Texas isn't going to do anything stupid or out of whack with its own ethos, but anyone worried about the wherewithal of the NCAA at this point hasn't been paying attention.

• Hook 'Em 2

I don't understand BW&O angst over not having a pancake factory version from the DL when the OL was announced..

Go back to the '22 cycle..NIL was still something new that very few had a grasp on.. Clearly the biggest weakness coming off the '21 class was the OL and QB situation.  Sark went out and got his QB (QE) and focused on the OL.. which gave birth to the pancake factory..

in the '23 cycle.. the biggest need was LB and we got a haul highlighted by Anthony Hill

for the '24 cycle the biggest need was DE.. which we got Collins and FWIW we might have gotten a diamond in the rough in Zina

the obvious need for this cycle is DT.. they have Brown in the fold now.. and from what Gerry dropped and CTJ continues to say.. Sark is targeting that.

DT was a strength when Sark got here.. now it's in it's first season of uncertainty.. but the staff (Sark) will attack it like it did at OL, QB, LB, DE in HSFB recruiting..

What a time we are in for their to be complaining for neglected spots (that haven't been neglected)

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I don't understand BW&O angst over not having a pancake factory version from the DL when the OL was announced..

Go back to the '22 cycle..NIL was still something new that very few had a grasp on.. Clearly the biggest weakness coming off the '21 class was the OL and QB situation.  Sark went out and got his QB (QE) and focused on the OL.. which gave birth to the pancake factory..

in the '23 cycle.. the biggest need was LB and we got a haul highlighted by Anthony Hill

for the '24 cycle the biggest need was DE.. which we got Collins and FWIW we might have gotten a diamond in the rough in Zina

the obvious need for this cycle is DT.. they have Brown in the fold now.. and from what Gerry dropped and CTJ continues to say.. Sark is targeting that.

DT was a strength when Sark got here.. now it's in it's first season of uncertainty.. but the staff (Sark) will attack it like it did at OL, QB, LB, DE in HSFB recruiting..

What a time we are in for their to be complaining for neglected spots (that haven't been neglected)

Ignore it, it's stupid. The Pancake Factory existed for one fucking year, and it helped us land an elite OL class that year. Wonderful. But for all intents and purposes, every year thereafter has been The NIL At Texas Factory, with attention being paid to all position groups. He's basically whining about there not being a press release for The Sack Lunch Initiative as if without it, the high school players would have had no idea there was money to be made playing at Texas. It's ludicrous to even ponder. 

• Hook 'Em 7

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cmontexas said:

Williams was ass

With his speed, ability, and general insane athleticism, Mal Williams COULD have been in that group (maybe even all pro) if he'd played LB or SS to compensate for his alligator arms. What a waste of talent by a player insisting on a position he was jut not meant for. Far, far too many players in recent UT history that probably cost us wins by insisting on the wrong position. Probably Brennan Eagles too.

Tyler freaking Owens also comes to mind. BIG TIME. Potentially awesome downhill, see ball, hit ball LB. NOT a safety. Thank god Overshown got the message.

There are plenty others but I'm depressed enough already. 

Edited by campcrunk

1 hour ago, Thiefery said:

It reminds me of shit my Dad used to say to me in high school. I would bring home straight A's and he would bitch that he never saw me studying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ignore it, it's stupid. The Pancake Factory existed for one fucking year, and it helped us land an elite OL class that year. Wonderful. But for all intents and purposes, every year thereafter has been The NIL At Texas Factory, with attention being paid to all position groups. He's basically whining about there not being a press release for The Sack Lunch Initiative as if without it, the high school players would have had no idea there was money to be made playing at Texas. It's ludicrous to even ponder. 

naw, it's just BO&W. i'm sure this is what he is doing right now:

Confused Puzzle GIF

On 3/6/2024 at 1:22 PM, tokamak said:

I got you fam.

I remember EA Sports' NCAA Football 11 game released that summer with Texas ranked pre-season #3. I played through dynasty mode all summer, and no matter what team I played as (I usually started my dynasty at a non-P5 school), Texas would finish with no more than eight wins or so. I was bewildered but okay with it at the time since the Texas job would inevitably come open quicker and be easier for me to get, but in retrospect I think even EA knew what was about to happen lol.

Side note: Gilbert was rated in the upper 80s that year. When NCAA Football 12 came out the next year his rating dropped to a flat 80 or something close. So much for offseason improvement.

• Rage+1 2