Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

2 hours ago, Getafix said:

:-))))))))))))))))))))))))))

image.thumb.png.cede087f46e1ae04c54684f5d037f340.png

image.thumb.png.bea0e05e81cea3708e9d7f5af363de78.png

I don't understand the Florida State love anymore. Used to pull for them when they played Miami back in the day but I thought last season proved what  a paper tiger they or any other ACC team is/are. Granted USC has underperformed in recent years but they got that whole Big 10 trajectory working for them

On 3/27/2024 at 4:37 AM, campcrunk said:
Spoiler

We just have SO MANY "fun," "little" recruiting hiccups to look back on "fondly" from the Charlie/Herman years. 

Terrell Cuney, Cameron Hampton (WHO?), Lorenzo Joe, Chris Warren, Kai Locksley, Cameron Townsend (what's with all the LBs named "Cameron" that I do not remember at all?), Buck Major, Garrett Thomas, Patrick Hudson (alas, what could have been - under the pretty significant assumption that we didn't fuck up his development ALL the way up. Which is a MASSIVE gamble and probably not at all realistic given our staff at the time. Sigh...), Jeff McCulloch, Kyle Porter (saw him play in HS. I could've sworn he was even better than Rodney Anderson, though it's hard to tell behind the grown ass men Katy rolls out on OL. Turns out that they both just kind of sucked), Jean DeLance (see what proper development can do for you??? I don't give a shit that he didn't do anything in the NFL. He was damn solid in college. For Florida😠).

And who could possibly forget JP Urquidez? Certainly not @Tex Pete. Then, OF COURSE, we have the amazing, astonishing, astounding, absolutely unparalled Florida Five. Thanks to Davante Davis for being the only one was worth a shit, managing to last through one, single, solitary motherfucking practice without quitting, AND having the grades to make it onto campus in the first place. Also, does the name "Shiro Davis" ring a bell for anyone? Me neither. 

Oh, and hey! Who wants to see Tom Herman call a pitch to Danny Young on 4th and 0.5 so we can watch him promptly lose 3 yards and turn the ball over at our own 40 while looking like he's running through quicksand? Good times, good times. Herman EASILY had some of the most baffling turnovers on downs I've ever seen. And I LOVE it when coaches are aggressive and do that. Herman was just godawful at it. Then, of course, we had the other "magnificant" offensive "weapons" Herman and his cadre of imbicile assistants and yes men brought in.

Montrell Estell (when he wasn't switching back and forth to DB), Reese Moore, Reese Leitao, doctor and amateur pharmacist (and as an part time amateur pharmicist myself, I don't even respect his work in that field. Xanax? How generic and uncreative can you get? Go get you some 4-HO-MiPT, DPT, or DiPT. Or, if you absolutely have to sell benzos instead of something cool, try Pyrazolam, Bromazolam, Flubrotizolam, or Flubromazolam. They're not even technically illegal as long as marked "not for human consumption" and/or you put the little skull and crossbones on the container thanks a loophole in the Federal Analogue Act you could pilot an aircraft carrier through), Toneil (excuse me: Toenail) Carter, Jordan Pouncey, Brennan "Alligator Arms" Eagles, Josh Moore's unregistered gat, Malcom Epps (probably my personal favorite. "Bama wanted him so he MUST be good!!1" Saban would have trapdoored his ass 15 seconds after he set foot in Tuscaloosa. Assuming, of course, that the only reason we got him at all isn't because Saban had already trapdoored his ass. And then, "offensive wunderkind genius" Lincoln Riley takes him? That alone should disprove every "Riley is an incredible coach" argument we've ever had on this board), and Casey Thompson, annihilator of locker rooms. Who could forget good old Casey Thomson, his proud papa, and their insistence that Casey was worlds better than Ehlinger. 

We should also note that Thompson (and dear old dad, of course. I wonder if he got to keep the orange jumpsuit from that SI cover?) played at least some small part in Cam Rising bolting for Utah - though I concede most of it had to do with Rising's idiotic assumption that he'd come take Sam's job from day 1), Tyler Johnson, Javonne Shephard (lol), Ja'Quinden Jackson (GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, HERMAN AND YURCICH. We had this guy as a potential wildcat QB or powerback and we were running pitches to DANNY FUCKING YOUNG on 4th and inches???!!) and, of course, Keaontay Ingram (here come the intrusive thoughts and involuntary flashbacks of the LSU game which will probably be followed by seizures and months long severe depression...). 

And, of course, Herman's defensive recruiting. Just... MWAH! *Chef's kiss.* Jalen Green, Tyler Owens, Juwan "I'm collecting AARP checks dven though I'm still transferring between schools" Mitchell, Prince Dorbah

you left off someone Tom recruited, who then decommitted and then was pretty good at UF, BUT who gave us an incredible GIF - Princely Umanmielen

princelyjimbovolleyballgif.gif.1dad6e782aeb38b1b24204c393815b1e.gif

anyone remember who actually made this here? i need to go give them more rep

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

On 3/27/2024 at 12:03 PM, closetojumping said:

Rink didn't pass the "can this guy make a difference for us winning the CFP?" test. Good pickup for the aggies though. If they're in the process of reorienting around the notion of being a development school, like KSU, Iowa, or Kentucky, they'll be a consistently good 9-4/8-5 program. I don't think the mouthbreathers will let Elko settle into that, but it looks like he's got something trending towards the right idea.

just pointing out the fact that they have won 9+ games 6 times in the last 25 seasons, and won more than 9 games once in the last 25 seasons (2012 Johnny Manziel year)

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

just pointing out the fact that they have won 9+ games 6 times in the last 25 seasons, and won more than 9 games once in the last 25 seasons (2012 Johnny Manziel year)

giphy.gif

Right. When they are maximizing their upside as a program, they’re producing 8-5/9-4 seasons. 

• Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That's quiet the difference in rankings being #157 nationally on On3 and having the lowest 3* ranking available on Rivals (5.5).

Does anyone not suck at this these days? Even a composite ranking is an average of rankings by what appear to all be morons.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/28/2024 at 3:35 PM, Red Five said:

Dronett had, uh, a “different” connection to Sam Adams. If you know it you know it.

Shane Rink was the HS teammate of Sam Adams.

Tommy Jeter was another guy from Deer Park a few years earlier than the Brian White era, was a good DT for us and played a few years in the NFL.

Dronett's "connection" to Sam Adams played a pretty large role in Adams not coming to Texas

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Gerry confirmed Josiah Sharma is on campus today.

https://www.on3.com/db/josiah-sharma-180924/

I know at least 2 “Sharma”s. 

Both medical doctors, trace their family back to India 🇮🇳, at least one is Hindu (arranged marriage/vegetarian)…

Not sure if this Sharma is closely related to either of them. 

If Josiah is good/great, Bring Him On!

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I know at least 2 “Sharma”s. 

Both medical doctors, trace their family back to India 🇮🇳, at least one is Hindu (arranged marriage/vegetarian)…

Not sure if this Sharma is closely related to either of them. 

If Josiah is good/great, Bring Him On!

It's not. Josiah Sharma has ancestry from India (Brahmin to be exact), but I believe his immediate ancestry is from Fiji which has a large Indian diaspora population.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 3/27/2024 at 9:05 AM, irishtexan said:

Reading all that would be tantamount to kicking myself in the dick. No thanks.

That's pretty much exactly how typing it felt. Except it was like I was just doing it over and over and then I kept going anyway because I was spurred on by the Ja'Quinden Jackson vs. Danny Young rage (if you couldn't tell, and you can read, so I assume that you can, those Danny Young pitches still keep me up at night). Once I got going, I just couldn't stop. And to the person who asked about Erick Fowler, I actually did start to write about him (and a few others I'm sure you'll all remember) and decided I'd already had enough self-inflicted, 5-star powered nut shots.

Texas Football from 2010 to 2021: masochistic genital torture at it's most joyless, anguished, hopeless, and utterly miserable (sorry, Sark - there was still way too much Tom Herman mentality left on that 2021 team. Also: Casey Thompson started - which is basically the same thing)

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

4 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

You say Sharma, i say shawarma. Lets call the whole thing off.   

Damn, im old. 

Swear to God if I ever heard someone say potahto or tomahto in person I'll slap the taste out of their mouth. Unless it's a hot British chick. She gets a pass

Edited by mr. sunshine

God forbid we end up being stuck with...
*checks notes*
the next Colt McCoy.
I admit to being a little uninformed, but can you check your notes again and give specifics for this next Colt comparison?

I honestly don't know if Colt was Mack's last great QB eval or he simply won the lottery twice in the span of 4 years.

29 minutes ago, ousux said:

I admit to being a little uninformed, but can you check your notes again and give specifics for this next Colt comparison?

I honestly don't know if Colt was Mack's last great QB eval or he simply won the lottery twice in the span of 4 years.

Colt was QB remaining in '05 class when Perriloux bailed

21 hours ago, Xminus6 said:

God forbid we end up being stuck with...
*checks notes*
the next Colt McCoy.

Csb

I was a freshman in high school that year. My computer science teacher was a Texas XC alum and avid recruiting follower. I was in his class that morning and he turned to me said "Perriloux signed with LSU. Now we're stuck with this fucking 2A quarterback." 😂

• Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Credit Greg Davis for the eval, not Mack. Greg gets a pass for that one.