Texas Recruiting Notes 2025: Now We Have a Machine Gun

texifornia

30 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
41 minutes ago, utexas8 said:
Dumb question but how are Gerry and Bobby making money if they don’t charge? Ads?

Sponsors, subs. YT super chats,etc.

1.  Where can I hock my product to a bunch of unsuspecting idiots?

2. How can I make a dumb post with the tile "Mods" or "Gerry"?

3.  How can I force my dumb question to be immediately answered?

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Dumb question but how are Gerry and Bobby making money if they don’t charge? Ads?

If the don't charge for what?

They now do charge a sub fee for access to the "OTF premium" insider content on the board. 

They're also playing the YT subscriber/view game for the long term, have local/corporate in-video and banner sponsors, and take "donations" for Q/A/comment submissions on their streams.

I'm sure there are other mechanisms, as well. 

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, utexas8 said:

The answer is simple. Volume.

Edited by Hornlover
*damn, @michaelknight beat me to it

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

Who said throwing mechanics don't matter? Would you change's Quinn motion to over the top because his passes get batted down? Probably, and you'd fuck him up.

His arm was vertical last year compared to before.  And you know what?  It made him better.  If he would narrow his stance a touch and get his hip rotation ahead of his shoulders he'd improve a bit more.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JBJ said:

His arm was vertical last year compared to before.  And you know what?  It made him better.  If he would narrow his stance a touch and get his hip rotation ahead of his shoulders he'd improve a bit more.

I didn't see anything changed, looked exactly the same to me. But I ain't no QB whisperer. I'm not talking about mechanical tweaks, I'm talking about changing the way someone throws, a different style.

Edited by mwaadeeb

1 hour ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

“I'm not talking about mechanical tweaks, I'm talking about changing the way someone throws, a different style.”

what? Changing the way someone throws would be by making mechanical changes.

animal-house.gif.7334e45304766b6ceb179a4d75229f29.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

“I'm not talking about mechanical tweaks, I'm talking about changing the way someone throws, a different style.”

Technically, sure. My point is obvious style changes, totally different planes. Mechanical tweaks, to me, are everything from footwork to rotation to pointing your elbow more etc. Not going from Quinn Ewers to Drew Brees.

2 minutes ago, mwaadeeb said:

Technically, sure. My point is obvious style changes, totally different planes. Mechanical tweaks, to me, are everything from footwork to rotation to pointing your elbow more etc. Not going from Quinn Ewers to Drew Brees.

You could go write for texags with this bull shit. Go believe what you want I guess but if you are trying to make a point you missed by just a bit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Username checks out 

On 5/6/2024 at 7:38 PM, mwaadeeb said:

I always laugh at the changing the throwing motion bullshit. How many big players have totally changed their throwing motion and made a leap? Reminds me of my best friend growing up, who was the number one junior golfer in America. He went to the best college golf program at the time and they changed his swing and he never recovered. You don't grow up your whole life throwing a ball one way then change it and improve.

2 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

I mean this just shows you have no clue what you're talking about. Aaron Rodgers completely changed his throwing motion from college to the NFL and that's what made him a HOFer. He wouldn't be anywhere near the same QB without changing his throwing motion.  Tom Brady and Drew Brees also made significant changes to their throwing mechanics that propelled them to being all-time greats at QB. None of them would've reached those heights without their mechanical changes.  Josh Allen is another example of a guy who changed his mechanics and made a huge stride in his accuracy. Jordan Love spent his three years as a backup overhauling his throwing mechanics and now looks like a perennial Pro Bowler. There are tons of other examples too. 

3 hours ago, mwaadeeb said:

I didn't see anything changed, looked exactly the same to me. But I ain't no QB whisperer. I'm not talking about mechanical tweaks, I'm talking about changing the way someone throws, a different style.

Again, Quinn throws the ball from a ton of different arm angles and that's been a huge issue for him because it's led to a ton of inaccuracy, especially with controlling the distance of his deep throws. He became much more consistent with his throwing motion last season.  I'm not sure how someone could miss that if they're watching all his games. 

So your inability to notice changes in mechanics and throwing motions is not the same thing as changes to throwing mechanics never working.

• Hook 'Em 1

I understand there's not a lot to talk about, and it's easy to get off topic. But if we're gonna have a side-bar, can it be something funny or more interesting than "can you change your throwing motion"? You fucking imbeciles are killing me here. 

• Hook 'Em 8

2 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I understand there's not a lot to talk about, and it's easy to get off topic. But if we're gonna have a side-bar, can it be something funny or more interesting than "can you change your throwing motion"? You fucking imbeciles are killing me here. 

I Brie-lieve I agree with you.

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

I take full responsibility with my clearly subpar take. Will post less.

Speaking of poor throwing motion.  How the hell can UT dominate the SEC with Wingo’s awful passing.  Did y’all see how far he overthrew that pass in the spring game.  I’m very concerned.  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, stork642 said:

Speaking of poor throwing motion.  How the hell can UT dominate the SEC with Wingo’s awful passing.  Did y’all see how far he overthrew that pass in the spring game.  I’m very concerned.  

Next time he'll throw it AND catch it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Would love it to be Pettijohn, resigned that it’s Simon (I’m not blown away, would love to be proven wrong if he picks Texas) and have a dream scenario where it’s Dakorian Moore with the flip.

Rewinding to the beginning of this morning’s Coffee & Football, Gerry and Bobby talked (seemingly) knowingly about some possible development with the portal, Gerry made a reference to “grad transfers” and “recruiting thru the whistle.” Not sure if a potential grad transfer would be the one needing the thru-the-whistle treatment. 

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Would love it to be Pettijohn, resigned that it’s Simon (I’m not blown away, would love to be proven wrong if he picks Texas) and have a dream scenario where it’s Dakorian Moore with the flip.

Rewinding to the beginning of this morning’s Coffee & Football, Gerry and Bobby talked (seemingly) knowingly about some possible development with the portal, Gerry made a reference to “grad transfers” and “recruiting thru the whistle.” Not sure if a potential grad transfer would be the one needing the thru-the-whistle treatment. 

Nahlin made a post in the IT transfer thread about the same time as Gerry’s post that said “ahem!”. Assuming it is transfer related.