2022 Transfer QB Quinn Ewers

Getafix

Old Milwaukee Light.  High school buddy's step dad stocked up on the stuff, so we would help ourselves every once in a while.

Could never drink Lone Star.  I was pretty much known to drink a lot back in high school.  End of senior year I was out water skiing with my girlfriend and her older brother and he handed me a Lone Star, took two sips and sank it in the lake.

11 minutes ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Old Milwaukee Light.  High school buddy's step dad stocked up on the stuff, so we would help ourselves every once in a while.

My buddies mom and dad had a middle class big house with a converted garage/rec room. It was fairly 80s fabulous with a ping pong table, “big” TV, couches etc. They also had a fridge with 2 large boxes of wine that no one ever seemed to keep track of. 

I have never been drunk in my life more than when I was 14 drinking that shit and watching the just released VHS copy of “The Crow” we had had finagled from an older brother who worked at Blockbuster. 

I think I vomited up part of my spleen and was raped by a pirate and the Easter Bunny, but there’s no way to be sure.

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Now is not the time to be looking up Russian hookers. 

Hell it's not their fault their leader would rather hump bears and half-assed invade neighboring countries (my last CR post bye)

Edited by UncleBuck

7 hours ago, futureman said:

Schiltz is pretty good. 

When you can find it. It was the number one beer in the 40s and 50s, ahead of even Budweiser.  Then they changed their formula or process to save money. They lost a lot of customers, had a crippling labor strike, then they practically disappeared. They went back to their old formula about 10 years ago. I had a bottle or five in Minnesota once, and thought it was damn tasty. The last time I looked, I was in W Minnesota. I couldn’t find it. I’ll have to get right back on that. 

4 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

When you can find it. It was the number one beer in the 40s and 50s, ahead of even Budweiser.  Then they changed their formula or process to save money. They lost a lot of customers, had a crippling labor strike, then they practically disappeared. They went back to their old formula about 10 years ago. I had a bottle or five in Minnesota once, and thought it was damn tasty. The last time I looked, I was in W Minnesota. I couldn’t find it. I’ll have to get right back on that. 

When I was growing up in Austin, everyone drank Schlitz.

“Beast Unleaded” may be the most unappetizing sounding beer name In history. 
No worse than "Milwaukees Best Light" of which only 2 words were true...it's from Milwaukee and it was water with a bit of beer flavoring. On the plus side, a case per person was enough to get at least 2 sheets hoisted, maybe a third if you didnt have enough money left for food beforehand.

1 hour ago, Laga4 said:

Texas Pride at the bottom of my list.

Couldn't drink it,  and I'll drink dam near anything.  

My dad had a Minnesota friend visiting back in the mid-70s. He took him to a honky tonk, and this friend walked up to the bar and said in his Minnesota  accent, “I’ll have a Texas Pride!” My dad told the bartender to make that 2 Lone Stars. I must’ve heard that story a hundred times. 

10 hours ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

I was a bartender a the Silver Dollar South in 1980. Lots of SWTSU tail compared to the Silver Dollar North. 

I was at UT from ‘79 to ‘83 (yes, I know, ancient) and our typical ritual was to head north from campus, so I guess we would have been at the other Silver Dollar location. The gang would stop first at a very small place on Guadalupe for extremely cheap frozen margaritas, then head onto to the Silver Dollar for the extremely cheap beer. 

The margarita place must have been well short of 38th Street, on the west side of Guadalupe. I remember hearing The Pretenders there, so the vibe was more 80’s rock, not Mexican or country. Any old timers remember a place with cheap frozen margaritas back then? (I’m not calling it the Drag, because I’m not sure where the Drag ends, but it was definitely past the literal campus.)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I was at UT from ‘79 to ‘83 (yes, I know, ancient) and our typical ritual was to head north from campus, so I guess we would have been at the other Silver Dollar location. The gang would stop first at a very small place on Guadalupe for extremely cheap frozen margaritas, then head onto to the Silver Dollar for the extremely cheap beer. 

The margarita place must have been well short of 38th Street, on the west side of Guadalupe. I remember hearing The Pretenders there, so the vibe was more 80’s rock, not Mexican or country. Any old timers remember a place with cheap frozen margaritas back then? (I’m not calling it the Drag, because I’m not sure where the Drag ends, but it was definitely past the literal campus.)

Nasty’s?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Nasty’s?

The location certainly seems about right, but I really don’t recall us saying “let’s all head to Uncle Nasty’s” because that’s memorable… and it was already a thing back then, right? Shit, I could be wrong. But thanks for trying to help my addled brain.

Looks like Nasty’s was opened in 1985, so perhaps it was the same location, just preceded the name.

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Same years as me. The place you’re asking about must’ve been further north than El Patio. There was a drive-through adult beverage place along that stretch of Guadalupe where we used to buy party kegs. Was it closer to that?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Same years as me. The place you’re asking about must’ve been further north than El Patio. There was a drive-through adult beverage place along that stretch of Guadalupe where we used to buy party kegs. Was it closer to that?

That’s exactly the area I’m talking about. The place was small, even with the cheap prices, acceptable margaritas and chill vibe. A buddy who usually rounded up the troops is on Facebook, I’ll ask him if he can recall what it was called.

7 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

That’s exactly the area I’m talking about. The place was small, even with the cheap prices, acceptable margaritas and chill vibe. A buddy who usually rounded up the troops is on Facebook, I’ll ask him if he can recall what it was called.

Hey Vito, in '81-82, TM and I had an apt. on 37th that overlooked Guadalupe.  Angles was on the SW corner of 37th & Guad, NW corner was the Outhouse, and behind the Outhouse was the little bar you're talking about.  We used to go there once in awhile.  I would have sworn it was called Uncle Nasty's back then, but maybe it was Magoo's?

• Hook 'Em 3