Formula 1 2022

Anton Chigurh

The 24-year-old, who feels Hamilton's failure to take a tight enough line through the corner was the reason for the crash, joked: "I think it's great that, when you're 37 years old, at some point you understand how to get to an apex.

"He does learn, so that's positive for the younger drivers: when you're 37 you still are always learning!

"You can clearly see it in the images, of course. Charles gave him less space than I did last year, so that says enough. Moreover, he received a penalty last year, so you should not talk about that."

Asked if it was smart for Hamilton to make such a dig, given the huge Dutch crowd that will travel to Austria this weekend, he continued: "He has to live with it himself.

"I think it's a bit clumsy but, in the end, it has nothing to do with my performance. I have to focus on what we're doing here. I think we're doing quite well this year, so we'll keep working on that."

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, morehornsepower said:

?  For those of us stuck working...do tell?  :)

15 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

And he was responding to Hamilton's comments after the British GP:

Lewis Hamilton aimed a dig at Max Verstappen after the British GP, claiming his Sunday battle with Charles Leclerc was a lot more "sensible" than it was against the Dutchman last year.

Hamilton and Verstappen had an infamously intense title battle in 2021 and one of their big collisions came at Silverstone, with the Red Bull driver sent hurtling into the barriers after contact at the high-speed Copse corner.

In Sunday's race, Hamilton and Leclerc fought wheel-to-wheel, and at one stage Leclerc regained position around the outside of Copse - showing it was possible for two cars to race fairly through that section of track.

Lewis Hamilton says that it was great to be back in the fight and could have won the British Grand Prix with a bit more luck.
"Very sensible driver and clearly a lot different to what we experienced last year. In Copse for example, two of us went through there no problem. What a battle."

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/24181/12645434/lewis-hamilton-aims-max-verstappen-dig-after-sensible-charles-leclerc-fight-at-british-gp

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

Lewis is amazingly thin skinned for a dude who has been through all the shit he has been through. If he thinks he can out petty Max/Helmut/Horner he is seriously wrong.

Well he might not be able to out-petty them, but Lewis and Toto are completely capable of matching Max and Christian, petty for petty.

I'm not a fan of any of them, so for me it's fun to watch them all act like children and pretend they're above it.  And then watching their fanbois do the same.

Michael Jackson Eating Popcorn GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 6

Lewis is amazingly thin skinned for a dude who has been through all the shit he has been through. If he thinks he can out petty Max/Helmut/Horner he is seriously wrong.
also, this:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CfmFF1QDqXJ/
image.png.fbec4efaa38ec9102771edbbe5babb7e.png

I get that it’s all a funny joke and ha ha and all that, but the situations aren’t quite comparable.

Charles was overtaking Lewis in the bottom one, and the approach to the turn was totally different since they were both near the normal racing line unlike the incident from last year.

Even then, the contact last year happened before they could even get TO the apex.

not gonna bother to find the exact laps from that screenshot, but down here doesnt look like perez doing the dirty twice:

0:24 goes completely off-track, and then pushes leclerc out while going back ontrack  

0:42 perez trails hamilton into corner (not even visible on periphery), and then pushes hamilton off

maybe it's just a red bull thing

at 1:11 there's a moment between leclerc and hamilton, but leclerc had rights to the corner

15 hours ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Haha, you’re good. It starts with the drivers not taking the bait. But in the end it just adds more shit to the shitshow so who am I to complain?

the next time Max doesn't take the bait will be the first one. i like the guy, but he loves responding - part of that is because he is 24, DGAF and is a shit stirrer.

Edited by NoName

17 hours ago, utee94 said:

Well he might not be able to out-petty them, but Lewis and Toto are completely capable of matching Max and Christian, petty for petty.

I'm not a fan of any of them, so for me it's fun to watch them all act like children and pretend they're above it.  And then watching their fanbois do the same

that is totally correct about not being about to out petty them vs matching them

i love it when RBR and MB fans act like Toto/Lewis are not the other side of the coin of Horner/Max

image.thumb.png.ffaf181a716cbbb1dd6e4b4db296d358.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NoName said:

that is totally correct about not being about to out petty them vs matching them

i love it when RBR and MB fans act like Toto/Lewis are not the other side of the coin of Horner/Max

image.thumb.png.ffaf181a716cbbb1dd6e4b4db296d358.png

Did Lewis have work done or something? Older photos of him look so much different than today. Not like he just got older, but he looks completely different.

2 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

The announcers should stop worrying about Max’s fans cheering Hamilton’s crash.  English fans would cheer if Max went off.  German fans would cheer against the guy beating their guy. Italian fans would cheer against anyone going against Ferrari. 

It happens at every level

ENGLISH FANS WOULD NEVER CHEER ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAIT, WHAT'S THAT?

https://www.rt.com/sport/529538-british-grand-prix-verstappen-hamilton-crash/

it's nothing new and the announcers would care significantly less if it was say Sainz going off there or KMag.

No one loves to think of themselves as better than everyone else more than the Brits do. Not even Aggies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Did Lewis have work done or something? Older photos of him look so much different than today. Not like he just got older, but he looks completely different.

that picture is old, at least 2015 based on a quick google. literally the first pic that showed up when I searched for Lewis Toto so i just used it.

The track invites drivers to do it with the wide green zone.  Take that shit away as it serves no real purpose.  It would be like if mlb still let teams keep a bucket of spider tack in the dugout after they cracked down on it.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

It took entirely too long to figure this out, and entirely too long for them to notice it in the first place.

At least they got it right (or as right as it can be now) in the end.

I’ll do track limit monitoring for the FIA. Just give me a big, red button.

Amateur stewards need to go.

5 hours ago, Anton Chigurh said:

It took entirely too long to figure this out, and entirely too long for them to notice it in the first place.

At least they got it right (or as right as it can be now) in the end.

I’ll do track limit monitoring for the FIA. Just give me a big, red button.

it was super apparent watching it live on recording that he didn't attempt to finish the left before going back right.

yellow yellow green results in pole.  wut

ENGLISH FANS WOULD NEVER CHEER ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WAIT, WHAT'S THAT?
https://www.rt.com/sport/529538-british-grand-prix-verstappen-hamilton-crash/
it's nothing new and the announcers would care significantly less if it was say Sainz going off there or KMag.
No one loves to think of themselves as better than everyone else more than the Brits do. Not even Aggies.

I was with you until the last sentence.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
10 hours ago, G650 said:
Goddamit McLaren I don't know why I even bother anymore.

Yeah, when Lando is afraid to brake too hard, it's not the drivers. The car is FUBAR.

It's confusing to me as a fan re: Daniel. It seems a car and driver issue, which moves around depending on the race, and so goes my opinion. One time I blame the car, the other I want to kick him in the nuts.  Frustrating.

• Like 1

It's confusing to me as a fan re: Daniel. It seems a car and driver issue, which moves around depending on the race, and so goes my opinion. One time I blame the car, the other I want to kick him in the nuts.  Frustrating.
Yep. Agreed. But this weekend seems to be all car for both sides of the garage so far.