Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

9 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

The GOP seems to be firing up the full court press. When I click on real clear politics, I’m hit with nothing but articles about crime and how much the economy sucks. Did Trump pay off Sean Trende or something?

The crime thing is at least debatable, but the economy seems to be fucking booming.  Lowest unemployment EVAR and people are spending like drunken sailors.

15 minutes ago, Voldemort86 said:

The GOP seems to be firing up the full court press. When I click on real clear politics, I’m hit with nothing but articles about crime and how much the economy sucks. Did Trump pay off Sean Trende or something?

RCP is a right wing aggregation site.  Sean Trende is extremely conservative. 

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The crime thing is at least debatable, but the economy seems to be fucking booming.  Lowest unemployment EVAR and people are spending like drunken sailors.

Whoa whoa whoa gas is DOUBLE (according to Facebook) except wait I was talking about diesel (which isn't double either) and and and . . .

People are stupid.  More to come at 10.

I think part of the issue is that you had TFG telling people the economy is basically the Dow Jones Index or S&P. Dropping tax rates for the rich and keeping interest rates near 0 for so long ramped up spending,  increased money printing, increased money flow, and pled us the runaway inflation we are dealing with now. So as the Feds tap the breaks on interest rates, it slows the flow of money and drives down investment, which in turn reduces stock prices. 

While employment is way up, and the workforce is in a better place overall, those living off investments, like day traders, people with pensions, retirees and trust fund kids are not doing so great. So you're going to continue to get mixed views on how "the economy" is doing based on what hurts/helps those individuals the most. 

• Hook 'Em 3

BDB52A48-5394-44CE-BA28-978570256117.jpeg.b6697161e85d7371b3089fbbd82d74bb.jpeg

The Mexican government has agreed to provide roughly $1.5 billion toward a host of new construction projects along the U.S.-Mexico border to strengthen the U.S.’s ability to screen and process migrants,

Former President Donald Trump campaigned on the promise of building a new border wall that he would get Mexico to pay for. While the Trump administration did build hundreds of miles of new and renovated border wall, the Mexican government did not pay for it. 

Now, Mexico has agreed to pay for a number of projects through a joint multiyear effort along the countries’ borders, including “modernizing” ports of entry and enhancing screening processes of immigrants trying to cross from Mexico to the U.S. 

The goal of the new projects will be to improve the speed and security of border screening,

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mexico-agrees-provide-15-billion-help-us-manage-migrants-southern-bord-rcna37889

Edited by Gengs1
  • Hook 'Em 8

27 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

BDB52A48-5394-44CE-BA28-978570256117.jpeg.b6697161e85d7371b3089fbbd82d74bb.jpeg

The Mexican government has agreed to provide roughly $1.5 billion toward a host of new construction projects along the U.S.-Mexico border to strengthen the U.S.’s ability to screen and process migrants,

Former President Donald Trump campaigned on the promise of building a new border wall that he would get Mexico to pay for. While the Trump administration did build hundreds of miles of new and renovated border wall, the Mexican government did not pay for it. 

Now, Mexico has agreed to pay for a number of projects through a joint multiyear effort along the countries’ borders, including “modernizing” ports of entry and enhancing screening processes of immigrants trying to cross from Mexico to the U.S. 

The goal of the new projects will be to improve the speed and security of border screening,

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mexico-agrees-provide-15-billion-help-us-manage-migrants-southern-bord-rcna37889

Hundreds of miles of border wall?  I’d like to see that math. 

With Hurricane Ian incoming for Florida, I guess this was on my mind.

I’ve always wondered how some people who are hard right or Qanon deal with hurricanes. I mean if everything except Fox News is fake news and unbelievable then wouldn’t those people who live on the coasts get washed away by devastating hurricanes?

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

what a dick. didn't even make him beg or ask please or call him a mean name first

"I gave DeSantis the aid Florida will need and I didn't even make him beg like a dog.  Like a DOG!"

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 1

Rs will have a big sad as there will also be no shutdown.

(The GOP was going to filibuster the CR over the permitting language and shut down the government 6 weeks before Election Day) 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Js1 said:

(The GOP was going to filibuster the CR over the permitting language and shut down the government 6 weeks before Election Day) 

What’s the deal with the language, out of the loop on that one.

the Rs sure want to shut the gov down so they can blame Biden 

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Oh, I'm sure they'll find some bullshit reason to threaten the shutdown.  Don't you worry.

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

They’ve already started.

New messaging is “Biden and the Democrats are cutting your Medicare!”.

The truth?

Medicare spending will go down next year due to the Biden administration getting better pricing on prescription drugs.

It’s ludicrous.

And next week: Biden Administration partly to blame for stock market woes as they've slashed health care companies' profits in blatant attack on the free market.

55 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

And next week: Biden Administration partly to blame for stock market woes as they've slashed health care companies' profits in blatant attack on the free market.

Flashback to Obama's first month in office and the BP oil well blowout.  If he argues for more regulation, he hates business.  If he doesn't argue against regulation, it's his fault.  

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

what a dick. didn't even make him beg or ask please or call him a mean name first

If this was California in 2025 and we had a president Desantis. While California is requesting for aid due to uncontrollable fires,  Detrumpis would shame California for global warming policies, attack them for being Uber liberal, and after owning them 20 times, he would send aid while scolding them again as he sends it way too late.

• Rage+1 2

42 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

They need to stop doing this high road bullshit. Turn the relief presser into a Demings/Crist campaign event. Old-school conceptions of "class" are dead. Get with the times.

I agree but this is one area where the WAY overused phrase "politics aside" actually applies. Biden is doing what a good president should and pre-emptively addressing a potential crisis without blinking. hopefully this storm is nothing and it's all for not, but if shit goes down you're going to be hearing a lot of about how federal relief got people through it. win/win when you step back in the political arena

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I agree but this is one area where the WAY overused phrase "politics aside" actually applies. Biden is doing what a good president should and pre-emptively addressing a potential crisis without blinking. hopefully this storm is nothing and it's all for not, but if shit goes down you're going to be hearing a lot of about how federal relief got people through it. win/win when you step back in the political arena

I wish Biden would actually get credit if the federal government does a good job, but does anyone remember how much  hot wheels Abbott and potty Patrick sucked Trumps dick during hurricane harvey relief efforts?  They’ve never given democrats credit for anything, but they were doing backflips for trump and full throating his small mushroom shaped peen.

I don’t see this as a win/ win.  If The hurricane response is good, Fox News will just talk about the caravan or some other racist bullshit. If it’s bad, Fox News will pile on Biden to try and change peoples votes. Terrible sick people we have in this country.

the thing I hate about the GOP is they try to politicize literally everything in their lives. If their car doesn’t start in the morning on the way to work, some of them are still blaming Obama even tho he’s been out of office for awhile now.

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, it's inhumane not to pre-load the financial support for Florida, regardless of how MAGA spins it.  I mean, sometimes you just have to do the right thing.

I'm not saying to withhold or delay the support. I am saying Biden and the Dems need to toot their horn more loudly and more often as this is going on.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, it's inhumane not to pre-load the financial support for Florida, regardless of how MAGA spins it.  I mean, sometimes you just have to do the right thing.

Doing the right thing for the dems 3 supreme judges appointed by trump.

As stated above they need to toot their own horn a bit. 
trump got major credit for wiping his own ass and dem need to start doing SOMETHING to show they run a good ship  

I'm not saying to withhold or delay the support. I am saying Biden and the Dems need to toot their horn more loudly and more often as this is going on.

Not yet and not while it’s happening.

That’s a fucking monkey’s paw just asking for shit to go sideways with actual lives in peril.
  • Hook 'Em 3

12 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Agreed and he should do what he did but that doesn’t mean he can’t also politic on it. Republicans need to be exposed for politicizing aid, turning down Medicare dollars, taking credit for bills they vote against. Federal aid for a hurricane with no politics involved is a perfect time to hammer the point home …THIS is how adults should act like. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

I maintain that taking credit for bills you voted against should be criminal, or at least subject to Congressional sanction.

I maintain that human beings should be smart enough to not fall for that type of ruse and that if we aren't, we are a failed species and our downfall is simply part of the circle of evolution.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

I maintain that human beings should be smart enough to not fall for that type of ruse and that if we aren't, we are a failed species and our downfall is simply part of the circle of evolution.

You want it to be one way, but it's the other way.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, trauma babe said:

I maintain that taking credit for bills you voted against should be criminal, or at least subject to Congressional sanction.

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I agree with Stache, except I don't believe humans are smart enough to not fall for it. Furthermore, I don't view humans as a failed species. I don't think there is such a thing as successful or failed species. Species are just part of life. I do believe our downfall is part of the circle of evolution. 

• Hook 'Em 1