Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

14 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

It did occur to me that that poem is rendered somewhat moot these days, anyway. 

Oh please, I'm surprised Trump admin didn't ship that statue back to France with a note that said "Eat my dick, Macron" 

On 12/11/2022 at 1:13 PM, Satchel said:

People can drag Biden for being old all day long, but there’s something to be said for an experienced politician who knows and understands the political process. It’s clearly manifested in his legislative achievements.

This is what seems to be sticking out to me right now. 

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

My stepdad was one of those people putting those I Did That! stickers on gas pumps. I suppose he's not doing it anymore. 

Call and ask him about it.

8 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Post image

Lol. Is this the new talking point? Second time I've seen something along the same lines today.

- Inflation is running out of control!
Ok, now it has quickly reversed.
- It's not good enough! It's still at a point where it was a year ago!

Damn right we should be happy about inflation coming off peaks. The direction plays a big role in confidence in the economy.

Let me guess, should it continue to go lower the complaint will then move that it's still above 2%. If it goes below that, then the complaint will be that Biden is causing deflation.

6 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Lol. Is this the new talking point? Second time I've seen something along the same lines today.

- Inflation is running out of control!
Ok, now it has quickly reversed.
- It's not good enough! It's still at a point where it was a year ago!

Damn right we should be happy about inflation coming off peaks. The direction plays a big role in confidence in the economy.

Let me guess, should it continue to go lower the complaint will then move that it's still above 2%. If it goes below that, then the complaint will be that Biden is causing deflation.

Are you new to politics?  Do you think anything the other party does is ever good to the opposition?

12 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Are you new to politics?  Do you think anything the other party does is ever good to the opposition?

It's just that there is no debate about it. 99% of policy has a debate. Inflation falling from 8.6% to 7.1% is objectively good. Trying to downplay it is just silly.

40 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Are you not smart enough to rise above that bullshit?

Don't answer that.  You aren't.

As @Incredulity knows, I posted these numbers in the non-CR inflation thread, and immediately it was "well, down is obviously good, but in a vacuum 7.1% is horrible".

Fucking beyond predictable.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Are you not smart enough to rise above that bullshit?

Don't answer that.  You aren't.

As @Incredulity knows, I posted these numbers in the non-CR inflation thread, and immediately it was "well, down is obviously good, but in a vacuum 7.1% is horrible".

Fucking beyond predictable.

Get over yourself.

SH shit posted.  I shit posted an obvious response in reply.

41 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Call me crazy, but if the GOP did something that I wanted politicians to do (like pass universal healthcare), I'd be pretty happy about that.

Two weeks man. It will be revealed in two weeks.

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

If Biden's team had any game at all they sbould be all over Trump's Trading Card Fiasco.

Something like:

Major Announcement   -   Trump is grifting again

Or sell a single "Dark Brandon" card and donate the money to charity and compare it to how much dump collects for himself through this idiocy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

what's to discuss? it was deemed illegal and it was a terrible policy from the get-go. good riddance.

I'm not talking about Title 42. I'm talking about the thousands of people lined up to come into the country and more coming. Is there reallly no concern about this issue from the Cloak Room crowd? Meanwhile, our Congress and Administration is pretty much doing nothing.

57 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I'm not talking about Title 42. I'm talking about the thousands of people lined up to come into the country and more coming. Is there reallly no concern about this issue from the Cloak Room crowd? Meanwhile, our Congress and Administration is pretty much doing nothing.

Wait…this is surprising to you?

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I disagreed with Shrub on many issues. Immigration was not one of them.

Edited to inquire about the issues with which you are concerned.

(Obviously, immigrants are a political hot button issue, and there are large number of US citizens who resent the competition immigrants represent).

Edited by Willfully Horn

More on the oil deal.

On immigration. So you two (Dbeasy and Incredulity) want to keep the labor pool tight? Ok then I'll remember that when you bitch about the price of goods and services going up. Title 42 was a cynical and heartless denial of basic human rights. I don't give a shit if they are from Honduras or Guatemala or Ukraine. I'll put those poor huddled masses to work.

• Hook 'Em 8