Joe Biden 2022: Enter Dark Brandon

Longboard Horn

1 minute ago, Gengs1 said:

Yes you do, you have a sit down with them and ask their thoughts and encourage it. Ask them to provide you a list who they want their replacement to be and make it happen. Promise them they will get their pick on replacement and Ram it through.

Dem needs to think long term here 

I agree.

Dems have a bad map in 2024 and could lose at least 3 seats.  Then you only have 2 realistic pickup options in 2026 (NC and Maine).  Then you're talking about not having a good chance to win the Senate again until 2028, when NC and Wisconsin are up again. 

9 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Sotomayor will be 70 in 2024 and Kagan will be 64.  Kagan can hold on for 10-15 years, but Sotomayor is also diabetic. 

Time really does fly.

People who advance far enough to become a Supreme Court Justice or President of the US don't think like that though.

That's why I have always felt unless there is a really major health issue Biden runs in 24.  I think Tuesday locked that up.

11 hours ago, Js1 said:

Saw this proposed on Twitter and figured it could go here

If you're Biden and the Dem Senate, knowing the Senate map is ass in 2024 and may take a while to win back... Do you push Sotomayor and/or Kagan to retire early to install someone in their 40s or early 50s onto the Court for 20-30 years? 

We all know about RBG not retiring under Obama when she had the chance before 2014 and what happened then. 

Dems have had two 10+ year stints where they had 0 SCOTUS nominees (81-93 but they didn't hold the presidency and 95-09 when they had Bill Clinton as POTUS for nearly half of that)

Sotomayor will be 70 in 2024 and Kagan will be 64.  Kagan can hold on for 10-15 years, but Sotomayor is also diabetic. 

Need to really hammer home the RBG debacle and remind them that the GOP is salivating literally 24/7 to get a Supreme Court seat no matter how many they have. Those justices need to take one for the team like Kennedy did for Trump and the GOP in 2018. They convinced him to retire and it’s sucked because it helped them in the 2018 elections. Replace supreme justices while you have the senate and preferably when there’s no election coming up because the GOP always show up in greater numbers to win Supreme Court seats.

5 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

$80 for an annual pass. I buy one every year and also give as xmas gifts to family members. It's the best deal out there and the parks can use every dollar they get so even though I know some of the recipients have never used their pass I still feel good about giving it to them.

You just gave me a great idea.  Thanks.

• Hook 'Em 1

Love it. It took Republican lege in Ohio being shitheads and just never agreeing to a map. Cuomo in NY stepped on Dems dicks. He should be blackballed. A few racial gerrymandering cases getting delayed in the South (LA,AL and maybe SC) and we’d have an easy majority in House as well. 

The changes to vote by mail and SoS offices in crucial states will be important for locking up Upper Midwest States, and expanding into western Montana, Maricopa Co in Az, and holding line in NV. If some of you fucks from Colorado move to Northern AZ into Flagstaff, I’ll give you a dollar.

Senate map with Red State Dems are same guys who survived the ‘18 red mirage, but now in a Presidential cycle. Leave it to them to decide how they want to run and get support. Sherrod Harris, Jon Tester, and Manchin. All white blue collar guys that fit their state and can speak to both sides. I think Sherrod has toughest hill to climb, not Manchin.

Edited by StassneyHorn

Election turned out amazing. If I was Biden, I would reward gen Z for showing up. Legalize marijuana.  Fucking do it. It can’t hurt you at the polls. 

make sure insulin cap passes. Assure the olds that social security and Medicare is safe. Don’t focus on the 40-65 demographic. Those people are literally brain washed by Trump. Focus on policies that the people who made you win want.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

She is right. I feel like this was the first time since...um...the 1960s or some shit that the Democrats went out and did Democrat things without worrying about making the big banks and other right wing forces happy. It saved their ass in what should have been a Republican demolition.

I just hope the message was received, especially if they miraculously managed to hold on to the House.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

This seems like a big deal

We do have the slightly minor problem of chip fabs requiring a MASSIVE amount of water for their processes, and Arizona isn't exactly known for their water supplies lol...

Maybe this will finally push them to finally address those ancient water rights contracts that are sucking the state dry

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

We do have the slightly minor problem of chip fabs requiring a MASSIVE amount of water for their processes, and Arizona isn't exactly known for their water supplies lol...

Maybe this will finally push them to finally address those ancient water rights contracts that are sucking the state dry

I mean they're going to have to address those water rights anyway. They're up for negotiation soon. And there's no water left. 

That’s why all the new chip plants are being built in the Hudson Valley in NY.

Intel, Micron, and IBM.

So, Vogue was invited, but the WH press was not, to a private (meaning family, and not official government, business) and, in Mags, Parker’s, and Rogers’ minds that renders the non-invitation/private label a lie? 

And so Biden can be both-sided with the Liar?1

Edited by Willfully Horn

1 minute ago, Willfully Horn said:

So, Vogue was invited, but the WH press was not, to a private (meaning family, and not official government, business) and, in Mags mind that renders the non-invitation/private label a lie? 

And she used that to both-sides Biden? Isn’t she the reporter who sat on relevant info to make her own book spicier? She seems like she sucks.

MAGA Haberman can fuck right off. She is Fake News and the Failing NYT

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Why in the fuck would anyone expect them to invite the White House press corp to his granddaughter's wedding?  If you want proof of how competent Biden is, look no further than this.  This is what the press is forced to try to gin up a controversy around.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 5