Where does Caleb Williams play football in September 2022?

quigley

Where does Caleb Williams play football in September 2022?  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Where does Caleb Williams play football in September 2022?

• University of Georgia
    • Southern California
    • University of Mississippi
    • University of North Carolina
    • Oklahoma
    • Notre Dame
    • Miami (FL)
    • Nebraska
    • University of Texas
    • Penn State
    • State Pen
    • Michigan
    • Wyoming

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/22 at 12:19 PM

• 2 weeks later...

I know we all had Wisconsin.  They're evidently hiring some dude from the Ravens who is a friend:

Something of note regarding the Wisconsin hire. Engram’s son, Dean, went to Gonzaga High School in Washington DC and played football and basketball with Caleb Williams.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I know we all had Wisconsin.  They're evidently hiring some dude from the Ravens who is a friend:

Something of note regarding the Wisconsin hire. Engram’s son, Dean, went to Gonzaga High School in Washington DC and played football and basketball with Caleb Williams.

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Shits

I can't find any or I'd surely give you some.

I mentioned Wisconsin and ND here or on another site as being schools that had good team infrastructure + no competent returning QB + better culture fit for Caleb W.

Going by Caleb/Riley delaying Caleb's announcement of his commitment to OU for recruiting purposes, I'd imagine this is all just a strategy to drum up suspense prior to an announcement that he's going to SC.

Personally, I'd love to see him go to Wisconsin because it's less likely that current OU players with ties to Caleb will go to Madison than to LA. As an added benefit, if Dart doesn't go back to SC, it would be interesting to see what Riley can do with a truly replacement-level QB.

Edited by quigley
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

USC or Wiscy means he is far far away. I am good with either.

Everybody knows he's gone from Norman so OU fans generally are indifferent.

However, even current OU players acknowledge that an OU - SC game would be extra-extra spicy.

1 hour ago, quigley said:

I mentioned Wisconsin and ND here or on another site as being schools that had good team infrastructure + no competent returning QB + better culture fit for Caleb W.

Going by Caleb/Riley delaying Caleb's announcement of his commitment to OU for recruiting purposes, I'd imagine this is all just a strategy to drum up suspense prior to an announcement that he's going to SC.

Personally, I'd love to see him go to Wisconsin because it's less likely that current OU players with ties to Caleb will go to Madison than to LA. As an added benefit, if Dart doesn't go back to SC, it would be interesting to see what Riley can do with a truly replacement-level QB.

For what it's worth, apparently this is the "scrub" he'd have to work with.

https://247sports.com/Player/Miller-Moss-46051144/

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, RGBIII said:

God I love spotted cow. Went to Lambeau once and probably drank 10 or 12 gallons of it. Absolute bullshit it’s only in Wisconsin 

My old boss’s daughter was a D-1 hockey player and had a scholarship to Wisconsin.  Somehow we would have a winter sales meeting in Madison and watch the Badger women play hockey.  Great town and that started my love affair with Spotted Cow.  I wish New Glarus would trade us some Karbach or 8th Wonder for some Spotted Cow in H-town.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

If Riley can't recruit Caleb to USC after he's already been his coach for a year, that doesn't bode well for USC's future. 

I'd love to see him end up at Wisconsin.

RE: Caleb W going to SC and it's relevance to SC's recruiting otherwise.

The Wms family was assured by Riley that Riley would be at OU for his 3-4 yrs (the thought was the Riley would go to the NFL). Wms not going to SC at this point could be that SC's roster sucks, or the Wms feel that Riley lied to them. So this is a specific case.

Recall, the SC staff (mostly) was able to recruit to Norman. I think they'll be able to recruit to SC when the Trojans have a bag game/NIL program operating.

At this point the whole idea of where Wms goes has gotten boring hasn't it?

4 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

My old boss’s daughter was a D-1 hockey player and had a scholarship to Wisconsin.  Somehow we would have a winter sales meeting in Madison and watch the Badger women play hockey.  Great town and that started my love affair with Spotted Cow.  I wish New Glarus would trade us some Karbach or 8th Wonder for some Spotted Cow in H-town.

Madison is sort of an idealized version of a college town for me. I've have some great times there too.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Harvdog said:

Karbach is AB In-Bev - theyll probably distribute to Wisconsin before too long. Besides, St. Arnold’s for the Houston brews.

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

A buddy of mine (USC/USC Law) SWEARS to me that he's already enrolled there.  

On the other hand, he didn't say "mark it down" or "book it", so who knows?

Moving on from Wms talk. Do you think SC's OL is going to be good next year?

I saw the Trojans play only a couple of times in 2021 and recall thinking they were bad.

Moving on from Wms talk. Do you think SC's OL is going to be good next year?
I saw the Trojans play only a couple of times in 2021 and recall thinking they were bad.

The real question is what will you do with all the time you saved by typing Wms?
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Is it that hard to type "Williams?"  

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

1 hour ago, Chango said:

The real question is what will you do with all the time you saved by typing Wms?

Too much Eng Lit class

It's hard to care anymore where he goes. More interested in what he does wherever it is and what SC does.

And @Gil Bang , I think, thinks SC's OL will be good next year and I'm more interested in why that is. If SC does have a good OL, it significantly raises their prospects early because Riley's already proven he can take a team that lacks good offensive/defense balance far.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 143730.jpg

Edited by quigley

11 minutes ago, quigley said:

Too much Eng Lit class

It's hard to care anymore where he goes. More interested in what he does wherever it is and what SC does.

And @Gil Bang , I think, thinks SC's OL will be good next year and I'm more interested in why that is. If SC does have a good OL, it significantly raises their prospects early because Riley's already proven he can take a team that lacks good offensive/defense balance far.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 143730.jpg

I didn't say that they will be good next year, I said that they were decent-to-good LAST year.