Cowboys vs 49ers: Wild Card Round

Vic Mackey

Get this shit started early. Renew an old playoff rivalry from the 90s. Niners run game can have a field day against this weak Dallas defense. I expect a ton of Niners fans as always when they come to town. Should be a great game. I assume this game will be Sat or Sunday night. I hope Saturday.

Fp2IaWw.gif

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I hope not. Sunday night is always the superior game than Monday. And the superior time slot. And I want to be able to drink as much as possible on Sat and Sun (don't work MLK Day) so yeah lol

Yeah, I hate any playoff game being played on MNF

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Immaculate Vibes said:

The worst part of it being Monday is the commentators. Almost every 3 man crew feels so fucking forced. Riddick and Griese’s commentary just feel so forced and scripted because they have limited time to get in whatever points they have in their heads coming into the game. 

They’re doing the Manning cast for the WC game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Monday night game seems like a disadvantage for round 2.

Another reason it will probably happen.  Goodell likes fucking with the Cowboys.  They had to play on Thursday after Thanksgiving this year which was also shitty.

Edited by kevwun

15 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Another reason it will probably happen.  Goodell likes fucking with the Cowboys.  They had to play on Thursday after Thanksgiving this year which was also shitty.

They do this all the time. Especially when they introduced the TNF game, and it was required every single team play on that slot at least once. It also gives us the long break between that game and the next game. But the 3 games in 10 days is brutal.

27 minutes ago, kevwun said:

A playoff game on Monday night is dumb.

Dumb is what Goodell does best. Especially adding more playoff teams and an extra week of the regular season. Like the brutally violent, long NFL season needs more games. Both of those were dumb as hell. And a MNF game in the playoffs is a terrible idea. I would never want my team to have to play that time slot.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Dumb is what Goodell does best. Especially adding more playoff teams and an extra week of the regular season. Like the brutally violent, long NFL season needs more games. Both of those were dumb as hell.

Goodell works for the owners. They are making money this weekend and DGAF about player safety (unless you QB1). He might be soulless but he isn't dumb. 

Edited by Bodhi
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Hate said:

So 5-2. I didn’t remember them knocking the 49ers out 3 years in a row. Like someone else mentioned, the 92 Championship game is probably my favorite football game of all time. (NFL)

Yeah, I had no real confidence in Dallas winning that game, only hoping they wouldn’t get embarrassed.  IIRC, the Niners had an early Rice score nullified by a penalty, who knows how game ends up had that stood. 

58 minutes ago, Immaculate Vibes said:

The worst part of it being Monday is the commentators. Almost every 3 man crew feels so fucking forced. Riddick and Griese’s commentary just feel so forced and scripted because they have limited time to get in whatever points they have in their heads coming into the game. 

MNF on ESPN is terrible. Announcers offer nothing. No ambient crowd noise is audible. Sounds like the mics are underwater.

I'm just gonna put this here so you guys can quote it once it happens.  The Cowboys are winning the super bowl this year.

Why? Because the NFL is corrupt and controls games via officiating. They also owe Jerry for lobbying to bring the NFL back to LA and for brokering the 17 game slate.

Also, 2022? Remember any famous players with the number 22? Think of the marketing possibilities. 

• Like 1

MNF on ESPN is terrible. Announcers offer nothing. No ambient crowd noise is audible. Sounds like the mics are underwater.

Griese and Riddick sound too much alike. I can’t tell the difference in their voices. They are fine, but not entertaining. There are no characters in the announcing game any more and hasn’t been in a long time.
  • Hook 'Em 1