Hostage Situation at Colleyville Synagogue

RDCanecutter

Just now, texashorne said:

There was a live stream for quite a while this AM.. Not sure if the guy realized it; its the live stream that they have for the Saturday service. It has been since been taken down. 

There was a Facebook stream of services up.  Video was just of Bema but video was on for a while and went down a few hours ago.  You could hear him ranting and cursing.

1 minute ago, ABSR said:

There was a Facebook stream of services up.  Video was just of Bema but video was on for a while and went down a few hours ago.  You could hear him ranting and cursing.

Yep. I listened for a bit.. It was very uneasy because your not sure when there would be a shot.

10 minutes ago, texashorne said:

There was a live stream for quite a while this AM.. Not sure if the guy realized it; its the live stream that they have for the Saturday service. It has been since been taken down. 

While 99% of Christians likely assume the Jewish Sabbath/Holy Day is Sunday like theirs, but rather until Saturday sundown.....this guy absolutely knows when when the Jewish Sabbath is.  I'm guessing he may have wanted the extra camera time.  I hope this ends peacefully and his sister gets shanked in prison later.  

Edited by Lobo

3 minutes ago, Lobo said:

While 99% of Christians likely assume the Jewish Sabbath/Holy Day is Sunday like theirs, but rather until Saturday sundown.....this guy absolutely knows when when the Jewish Sabbath is.  I'm guessing he may have wanted the extra camera time.  I hope this ends peacefully and his sister gets shanked in prison later.  

He did know the feed was on.  There was video but no one on in the picture.  The audio could be heard and the hostage taker did not realize it was on.

He seems upset about life, but the news has now reported that he has a sister in Federal custody he wanted to communicate with.  I believe he and his Sister are Pakistani.

She's doing a rather long stretch for attempted murder.  He may as well have attacked Nakatomi Plaza because even though the U.S. posture of "we don't negotiate with terrorists" is shouted loud and often...it's quietly broken from time to time.  But never for a fucking guy with that name and heritage demanding the federal release of a convicted foreign terrorist.  He's got no cards to play.  Best thing he can hope for is release everybody and they'll have his sister brought down there to talk to him.  

Man, fuck Aafia Siddiqui.  She’s a real cause celebre in Pakistan where even the government is constantly asking us to give this murderous terrorist back to them.  I’d really hope for the cops to get kinetic except for the fact that there are innocent people there.

Extremely fucking on brand for her bro to go to a synagogue. Here’s the letter his sister wrote Obama while she was on trial.

"Study the history of the Jews. They have always back-stabbed everyone who has taken pity on them and made the 'fatal' error of giving them shelter.... and it is this cruel, ungrateful back-stabbing of the Jews that has caused them to be mercilessly expelled from wherever they gain strength. This why 'holocausts' keep happening to them repeatedly! If they would only learn to be grateful and change their behavior!! 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Rage+1 1

Man, fuck Aafia Siddiqui.  She’s a real cause celebre in Pakistan where even the government is constantly asking us to give this murderous terrorist back to them.  I’d really hope for the cops to get kinetic except for the fact that there are innocent people there.
Extremely fucking on brand for her bro to go to a synagogue. Here’s the letter his sister wrote Obama while she was on trial.
 "Study the history of the Jews. They have always back-stabbed everyone who has taken pity on them and made the 'fatal' error of giving them shelter.... and it is this cruel, ungrateful back-stabbing of the Jews that has caused them to be mercilessly expelled from wherever they gain strength. This why 'holocausts' keep happening to them repeatedly! If they would only learn to be grateful and change their behavior!! 

Sounds like a lovely family.

Sure hope this ends without the loss of innocent life.

Kind of ironic that Pakistani Muslims would blame Jews for their problems.  Unlike most Muslim/Middle Eastern/Arab countries, there have been very few Jews in Pakistan for the last century or so.

Also, somewhat surprised that Colleyville has a temple.  It's probably a bit more cosmopolitan than most DFW burbs, but  . . . .

Also on the irony tip, Siddqui's PhD is from Brandeis.

Edited by TwiceHorn

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Kind of ironic that Pakistani Muslims would blame Jews for their problems.  Unlike most Muslim/Middle Eastern/Arab countries, there have been very few Jews in Pakistan for the last century or so.

Also, somewhat surprised that Colleyville has a temple.  It's probably a bit more cosmopolitan than most DFW burbs, but  . . .  .

The Temple serves members primarily in Colleyville, Southlake, Keller and Hurst areas (that general vicinity).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also, somewhat surprised that Colleyville has a temple.  It's probably a bit more cosmopolitan than most DFW burbs, but  . . .  .

I lived in Pakistan and the antisemitism is near universal. It turns out that it’s a lot easier to get mad about settlements in the West Bank or whatever than grapple with the fact that 70 years of progressively more Islamist governments and society keep failing downward. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And we now go live to your surly reporter somewhere near the scene, aptly named @Surly Bevo

Shit I drive by that place when I take my son to the lighted driving range but that general vicinity is a proximate dead zone to me.  You know the area that is like 4 miles the way the crow flies but between lack of a direct route and traffic you never go there unless you have good reason to because it's an assbeating and takes 20 minutes.

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Only thing I remember from CrimPro in law school was never let your client begin an appeal/parole letter with “Because of the Jews…” 

between that and not shanking anyone, you’re often out in 1/3rd of the time with probation.  

11 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

There what is?  I have lived here virtually my entire life.  The behavior of a lot of the inhabitants of the outer burbs is shameful.  Thankfully, it doesn't seem to extend to the City of, and close-in burbs much.

He, like many other middle-aged white men who live in Texas suburbs, just has a woe-is-me victim complex, because they feel like they can never catch a break in America. Their plight is all the fault of the big bad meanie "media."

No show of support or concern for the hostages in his first post - just thinly veiled political commentary. To quote another poster above: "Getting really tired of little dick motherfuckers blaming Jews the media for their problems."

Those poor people are going on six hours of being held hostage right now.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

There what is?  I have lived here virtually my entire life.  The behavior of a lot of the inhabitants of the outer burbs is shameful.  Thankfully, it doesn't seem to extend to the City of, and close-in burbs much.

Colleyville, Southlake Keller etc are all “close in” burbs. Hell those places are as close to downtown Dallas as places like Allen, Frisco etc….much less how close they are to downtown Fort Worth

Burbs. Absolutely. Outer burbs….not in this metroplex. Not even close.

8 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Colleyville, Southlake Keller etc are all “close in” burbs. Hell those places are as close to downtown Dallas as places like Allen, Frisco etc….much less how close they are to downtown Fort Worth

Burbs. Absolutely. Outer burbs….not in this metroplex. Not even close.

Yup. It’s not downtown Dallas, but it’s pretty much in the heart of the metroplex. 

I see that synagogue all the time. Quiet little place holed up between some nice housing, a middle school, the Vatican 2.0 and downtown Colleyville. 

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

Yup. It’s not downtown Dallas, but it’s pretty much in the heart of the metroplex. 

I see that synagogue all the time. Quiet little place holed up between some nice housing, a middle school, the Vatican 2.0 and downtown Colleyville. 

Add in some soccer fields, mention the elementary school (where the police are marshaling) and that pretty much sums it up.

13 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Haven't been following this, but it seems that this Rabbi and this synagogue have nothing to do with the terrorist cunt in prison or the terrorist asshole holding these hostages, right?  Just a random target?

Nothing to do with either of them but I don’t think I’d call a synagogue random. He picked a Jewish target close to where his sister is locked up.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, freyguy said:

Getting really tired of little dick motherfuckers blaming others for their problems.

I think you are exaggerating a littl….

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Media is probably frustrated that it’s not a middle-aged white male.  Maybe he’s white pakistani 

…oh

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, bolverk said:

He, like many other middle-aged white men who live in Texas suburbs, just has a woe-is-me victim complex, because they feel like they can never catch a break in America. Their plight is all the fault of the big bad meanie "media."

No show of support or concern for the hostages in his first post - just thinly veiled political commentary. To quote another poster above: "Getting really tired of little dick motherfuckers blaming Jews the media for their problems."

Those poor people are going on six hours of being held hostage right now.

This happens every time there is a tragedy in this country. Not even a a "thoughts and prayers" just speculation on the ethnicity or religion of the perp followed by finger pointing, insults, and a raging political dumpster fire. Glanced at a few Twitter threads and yep right on cue. 

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Haven't been following this, but it seems that this Rabbi and this synagogue have nothing to do with the terrorist cunt in prison or the terrorist asshole holding these hostages, right?  Just a random target?

I think their religion had something to do with it.

1 hour ago, Caponata said:

This happens every time there is a tragedy in this country. Not even a a "thoughts and prayers" just speculation on the ethnicity or religion of the perp followed by finger pointing, insults, and a raging political dumpster fire. Glanced at a few Twitter threads and yep right on cue. 

Sure, but the “god it’s so hard being a white male in this country” impulse is the most pathetic. And by that I just mean that you really have to feel bad for them. Just imagine for a second how shitty your life must be to constantly feel like society is out to get you as a white man.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Dude, I grew up in the north part of Garland.  Bigggggg suburb. I went to a fairly wealthy public high school 20+ years ago that had impressive amounts of Indian and Pakistani students, Hispanic students of various origin, East Asian Students of all origin, etc.  Probably more exaggerated than the current US census.  I drove by a Sikh temple and a Vietnamese Buddhist temple on my way to school every day.   “Those people” were just as likely to stay at my house on Friday night as my buddies on the football team if we had been out and running and needed to crash.  You don’t have the place to assume or lecture me about cultural shit in the burbs

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Sure, but the “god it’s so hard being a white male in this country” impulse is the most pathetic. And by that I just mean that you really have to feel bad for them. Just imagine for a second how shitty your life must be to constantly feel like society is out to get you as a white man.

white male checking in and I must say I’m pretty happy about it. it’s awesome. 

9 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Dude, I grew up in the north part of Garland.  Bigggggg suburb. I went to a fairly wealthy public high school 20+ years ago that had impressive amounts of Indian and Pakistani students, Hispanic students of various origin, East Asian Students of all origin, etc.  Probably more exaggerated than the current US census.  I drove by a Sikh temple and a Vietnamese Buddhist temple on my way to school every day.   “Those people” were just as likely to stay at my house on Friday night as my buddies on the football team if we had been out and running and needed to crash.  You don’t have the place to assume or lecture me about cultural shit in the burbs

“Godland”

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

You and your reality and silly facts.

• Haha 1