Hostage Situation at Colleyville Synagogue

RDCanecutter

3 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I’d probably retain counsel if my sister was in federal prison and nicknamed “lady al-Qaeda.”

To be fair to him, her nickname in the yard is "Lady Qaedy" 

I don't know how this got turned into a thread about radio shows and immature white people though.  For once, I had nothing to do with it.  Let's toss cost of living in California into the mix while we're at it. 

23 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I don't know how this got turned into a thread about radio shows and immature white people though.  For once, I had nothing to do with it.  Let's toss cost of living in California into the mix while we're at it. 

The virtues of living in Southern California versus Norman, OK.

37 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Because boards attract tribal loonies that have to make everything "two bits" for their team.

While we're at it let's argue about the perp's vax status  and masking.

Edited by Harrison Bergeron

27 minutes ago, Hate said:

Yeah, I missed that one…but the rest of the dumbassery stands.

Ah yes, I think he meant Boston, Texas not Austin, Texas.  ;) 

After all, the British are coming! ;) 

Good to see you pre-gaming strong before the Cowboys game.

Now this is funny, from his home mosque in England:

1491275768_Screenshot_20220116-130100-5182.thumb.png.57a356a51284fac263108afa10e55d6d.png

Just not sure that's gonna happen...

And talk about back door condemnation, those last sentences LOL, "it's wrong for a Muslim to kill a Jew," and "it's also wrong for a Jew to kill a Muslim..., or a Hindu, a Christian, a Baha'i, a Swede, a Tampa Bay Buccaneer... you know, all the different people those murdererous Jews like to kill!"

Thanks pal, I'll skip over you giving my eulogy at the funeral. With friends like you...

Edited by phdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Now this is funny, from his home mosque in England:

1491275768_Screenshot_20220116-130100-5182.thumb.png.57a356a51284fac263108afa10e55d6d.png

Just not sure that's gonna happen...

And talk about back door condemnation, those last sentences LOL, "it's wrong for a Muslim to kill a Jew," and "it's also wrong for a Jew to kill a Muslim..., or a Hindu, a Christian, a Baha'i, a Swede, a Tampa Bay Buccaneer... you know, all the different people those murdererous Jews like to kill!"

Thanks pal, I'll skip over you giving my eulogy at the funeral. With friends like you...

Yeah, I had seen that, gotta make sure to remind everyone that Jews shouldn’t kill people right after a synagogue is taken hostage. 

Also reading about mental health issues, you know, the kind where you get on on a plane and hold Jews hostage at gunpoint and ask for an al-Qaeda operative’s release. Those kinds of mental health issues. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Color me shocked that the family is setting up the martyrdom claim already…. “He let everyone go then the FBI killed him.”

Incidentally, the prevailing narrative around Siddiqui in Pakistan is that she also is mentally ill and was framed by the CIA.  Just wrong place and wrong time, being married to KSMs nephew, disappearing for years skulking around Afghanistan, you know, like you do. 

image.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I think part of it is the spread of Houston has been over a longer period of time and more massive than Dallas, which has been more recent and probably into more rural and less-populated areas, making the culture clash sharper.

When I was in school in the late 80s, Plano was really east Jesus.  I had a friend that lived near Southfork ranch and we considered that the fucking boonies.  Allen?  McKinney?  Frisco?  Further out?  Pfft.

Yet, at that time, The Woodlands was in full effect and remains probably the outermost Houston burb?

But yeah, there are areas all over the state where the urban and rural and mixing and creating a weird, toxic stew.

Conroe and Magnolia are border country....east Texas and rural aggy land respectively. 

The Woodlands is as if you had a fleet of Haulage Aliens insert a poor man's Park City in the middle of nowhere. I would say one day it might become like a real Park City once it gets some history to it,, but I don't think it ever will. Almost nobody chooses to move there -- it's always their bosses' idea. And then they tend to enjoy their time there, and their kids love growing up there, but then cannot wait to get the fuck out and only come back on holidays. So it will always be in flux....

The sharp divide out there is reflected by Kingwood -- the Livable Forest of '80s McMansions -- and right next door is Porter, which might as well be Polk County....It has one of the better local resident insults -- just as the Austin area has Leanderthals, we have Porter Ricans, and they are not called that because they are Mezkin. They are called that just cuz. 

3 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

Whose talking about 1/6? Are you trying to compare this attack to 1/6? Might I suggest another place to discuss that or whatever.

I thought you really like the Dallas cops.

No, I am elaborating on why I am troubled with certain attitudes that seem to exist in the outer burbs of DFW to a greater extent than any other identifiable place in the nation.

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yeah, I had seen that, gotta make sure to remind everyone that Jews shouldn’t kill people right after a synagogue is taken hostage. 

Also reading about mental health issues, you know, the kind where you get on on a plane and hold Jews hostage at gunpoint and ask for an al-Qaeda operative’s release. Those kinds of mental health issues. 

Yeah, although I was thinking more of the statements themselves. Looks like they got Bobby Knight to write them for them.

That's how you write a shitty statement of "unity."

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There may be the premise for a sitcom somewhere in here.

NBC also reported that the suspect got the rabbi to call another rabbi in New York to demand Siddiqui’s release, though the New York-based rabbi called 911 instead.

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

No, I am elaborating on why I am troubled with certain attitudes that seem to exist in the outer burbs of DFW to a greater extent than any other identifiable place in the nation.

Dallas has a really strong Jewish community. There has not been a particular terrible record of anti-Jewish hate among the local Muslim community, burbs or not. You do you, but I would find other ways to seek trouble.

• Like 2

Particularly when you include Sephardic Jews That came to Texas via Mexico and/or Spanish civil war/WWII, Texas has a substantial Jewish population both in percentages and gross numbers.  It would shock a lot of shitkickers to know how many Jews there are just in the RGV.   

when I tell finance guys in New York that I’m part Jew from Texas…..it’s always binary. They’re either in total shock there’s any Jews outside NYC-let alone Texas- or they immediately jump right into questions about particular synagogues and Jewish residents I might know.  Then there’s the awkward follow up either way, “wait…with that name, you’re part Jew?  And you baptized Lutheran and belong to a Catholic Church?   Da fuh?”   

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

Cedar Park has a mosque.

Yeah, but it is near a lot of apartment complexes including one across the street on Little Elm and lots of Hispanics live nearby and lots of Indians live in Avery Ranch so the area is pretty mixed. There aren't many African Americans in the area though.

Link to video of hostages escaping out the side and the hostage taker partially following and then going back in.  Then the  FBI Tactical team goes in.

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/uncut-video-hostages-escape-building-situation-fbi-breaches-texas-synagogue-ending-nearly-12-hour-standoff-colleyville-tx/287-57f2bbd1-a933-4042-ba06-63f4ee51a68f?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&fbclid=IwAR0jJvU-yanAe6r0PRSVk8MJlu2LuJhXSe0d6R-rhLa1bqDLYzxgEO_aMV8

As I said prior.  They escaped, he did not release them.

Gotta say my awareness about this Siddiqi chick was raised, and I learned she is the definition of ride or die. Fuck al-Qaeda, but imagine if she was being interrogated about something you did and her answer to a room full of cops / soldiers was to shut up and lunge for the M4 somebody left lying around. 

Carl Weber Presents Ride or Die Chick 2 by J.M. Benjamin | Penguin Random  House Canada

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall when his sister learns of what he did and how he died.  If for some reason, they can't show her the footage for security reasons, I'm happy to draw her a picture with word bubbles of when everything went South on her brother.  Can we make her share a cell with a female Oathkeeper next year?  irony is fun

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall when his sister learns of what he did and how he died.  If for some reason, they can't show her the footage for security reasons, I'm happy to draw her a picture with word bubbles of when everything went South on her brother.  Can we make her share a cell with a female Oathkeeper next year?  irony is fun

Sister or sister-wife? Like that Congressterrorist who was fucking her brother-husband and constantly blames "The Jews."

Edited by Harrison Bergeron
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 12

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

What I wouldn't give to be a fly on the wall when his sister learns of what he did and how he died. 

The perpetrator (Akar) and the woman in prison (Siddiqui) are not related. He referred to her as his sister as many religious muslims and christians tend to do.

Maher was not known to the researchers who track hate groups, per Wash Post.

Shiraz Maher, director of the International Center for the Study of Radicalization at King’s College London, said Akram had not been known to Maher’s researchers before he was named by the FBI. Maher said Siddiqui “has been a cause celebre for the jihadist world pretty much since the moment of her arrest.”

14 hours ago, Js1 said:

There’s a podcast for literally every topic on the planet, audiobooks galore and with Spotify, pandora, XM, iheart radio, Apple Music, Amazon music…. Going out of your way to listen to AM talk radio is so fucking dumb. 

Let's be honest, you have to go way more out of your way to listen to a podcast than you do to have to push a button on your radio. Or maybe I'm just old and don't do podcasts other than Blueprint for Armageddon. 

12 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Damn Brits. Should have learned their lesson at Yorktown.

Yorktown ain't got nothing on the Battle of Yonkers.

6 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Let's be honest, you have to go way more out of your way to listen to a podcast than you do to have to push a button on your radio. Or maybe I'm just old and don't do podcasts other than Blueprint for Armageddon. 

Blueprint for Armageddon is excellent. Check out Supernova in the East if you haven't yet!

But man with android auto/apple car play it really is just pushing a button, so long as you set your podcast app to auto-download new episodes. Always seems to be more a function of tech literacy and if the person in question actually wants to learn or try something new

• Like 1

On 1/16/2022 at 2:25 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

Color me shocked that the family is setting up the martyrdom claim already…. “He let everyone go then the FBI killed him.”

Incidentally, the prevailing narrative around Siddiqui in Pakistan is that she also is mentally ill and was framed by the CIA.  Just wrong place and wrong time, being married to KSMs nephew, disappearing for years skulking around Afghanistan, you know, like you do. 

image.jpeg

yeah fuck all that and fuck that piece of shit.

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:
On 1/16/2022 at 12:16 PM, Hate said:
Only on Surly can a thread about a British Muslim holding Jewish hostages in a synagogue located in Austin devolve into how evil white suburban people are in Houston and Dallas.

Even white people hate white people.

See how oppressed we are? We need a White People Appreciation Day.