2022 Big 12 Baseball Thread

Horny Bull

11 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

As if to prove the point, I mentioned to my aggy coworker that I’m going to the game tonight. 

Him: how’d you like that grand slam against y’all the other night?

Me: cool, what are y’all ranked again?

Him: doesn’t matter, we beat y’all   

He’s right. Real success doesn’t matter to those that can’t achieve it. 

Edited by Herpa Derpa

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

As if to prove the point, I mentioned to my aggy coworker that I’m going to the game tonight. 

well_there_it_is_jurassic_park.gif

8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Well shit. Let’s pack it up. Seasons over. Nothing matters this year cause aggy beat us. 

8 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

We moved up in the rankings that week. 

9 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

For his sake, I hope you don’t have another co-worker from Penn.

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

2022 Baseball Standings

SCHOOL BIG 12 OVERALL
West Virginia 5-1 20-10
Texas Tech 7-2 27-8
Oklahoma State 7-2 23-9
TCU 7-5 21-11
Texas 5-4 24-10
Oklahoma 4-5 18-12
Baylor 2-7 16-15
Kansas 1-5 13-17
Kansas State 1-8 15-16

We are in a decent spot. I am not completely sold on WVU at all. They have played Baylor who is awful and also TCU who as we saw this weekend is beatable. Tech hasn’t played OSU, TCU or OU yet.

Will probably take 16 or 17 wins to win the conference so we will have to sweep a few series and take 2 of 3 in the rest.

• Hook 'Em 2

54 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Fuck OU. Took 2 of the 3 that count. If our closer wasn’t struggling would have taken all 4. Need to get that shit fixed quick.

Our bullpen has problems, that’s for sure.  OU is on the brink of being a good team, they could surprise someone in the regionals.  Baseball is such a streaky game. 

What I didn’t like this weekend was some fielding errors that seemed uncharacteristic for the team.  We’ve feasted on Kansas/KState, but now it’s big boy time so I’m hoping for better focus across the board…but G3 this weekend was how I saw us playing Ou before the weekend started so maybe it’s a good sign.  

17 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

We are in a decent spot. I am not completely sold on WVU at all. They have played Baylor who is awful and also TCU who as we saw this weekend is beatable. Tech hasn’t played OSU, TCU or OU yet.

We play them in Morgantown this weekend. Big series for both teams.

On 4/12/2022 at 11:48 AM, 'stache said:

Good point. If they didn't suck so bad they'd win more.

Lol.  Likewise.  Hence he was replying to your ‘if our closer didn’t suck we would sweep’ post.  
Anyways, OU rebuild looks well ahead of schedule.  And I don’t follow all that closely but I’ll still go w Tech to win the conference.  

There, that’s my baseball post for the year.  Adios, assholes.  

7 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Lol.  Likewise.  Hence he was replying to your ‘if our closer didn’t suck we would sweep’ post.  
Anyways, OU rebuild looks well ahead of schedule.  And I don’t follow all that closely but I’ll still go w Tech to win the conference.  

There, that’s my baseball post for the year.  Adios, assholes.  

I didn’t say he sucked I said he struggled, as in he had been pretty good then struggled in the two bedlam losses. I’m not following ou but read that the bullpen hasn’t been very good, don’t know if it’s true, but the “suck” comment was because it’s a rivalry, as in “ou sucks.”

Tonight's game...Tech at TCU.  Tech had the bases loaded in the top of the 9th, down by 1.  They thought the TCU reliever had balked, but after a meeting of the umps, it was overruled.  The last batter grounded out, game over.   As the umps were headed off the field, they were accosted by a group of pissed off Tech players and coaches.  It was not a good look.  It will be interesting to see if the league says anything about it.  One thing is for sure, the umps won't forget it.

29 minutes ago, TCU Alum said:

Tonight's game...Tech at TCU.  Tech had the bases loaded in the top of the 9th, down by 1.  They thought the TCU reliever had balked, but after a meeting of the umps, it was overruled.  The last batter grounded out, game over.   As the umps were headed off the field, they were accosted by a group of pissed off Tech players and coaches.  It was not a good look.  It will be interesting to see if the league says anything about it.  One thing is for sure, the umps won't forget it.

Doesn't matter. Already hung the "Won season series against Texas 2022" banner.

• Haha 2

Cocky little shit for WVU frog hops third with a tag on him, called safe, Holiday challenges, video clearly shows tag on with him off the bag, announcers agree, umps call him safe. Why have replay if indisputable video evidence isn't enough? The guy scores on the next play on a hit back to the pitcher, throw to first, he's fast and was able to score from third. Same dude (I think might have been another guy) struck out last night but the pitch was called a ball and got a hit the next pitch. Fuck these umps, seriously. The video was absolutely clear. It's like they didn't want to call him on his cockiness. I also now hate WVU baseball and their fans, obnoxious as fuck.

Edited by 'stache