Star Wars - Ahsoka

UT_OB1

21 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

Sabine confirmed

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/star-wars/23145870/star-wars-sabine-wren-live-action-casting-ahsoka

The latest addition to the show’s cast is Natasha Liu Bordizzo (The Society), who will play Mandalorian Sabine Wren in the series, Lucasfilm announced at Star Wars Celebration 2022. She will be joined by Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka and many more unannounced cast members when the show is released in 2023.

the new Sabine actress 
🛞

🏠

D15A53EC-CFF3-440C-B3D7-A02233531FF1.webp

Edited by UT_OB1

Most of the trend towards strong female casting has been cringe worthy and heavy handed over the past decade or so IMO.

See the finale of Endgame as the worst example.

Not with this crew. I don't know if it's the history of the characters through rebels or what, but I never find myself questioning their importance in the story.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Not with this crew. I don't know if it's the history of the characters through rebels or what, but I never find myself questioning their importance in the story.

It would be odd if those characters weren’t a part of this stuff.  They are just too “natural” to include.  

While the Marvel women have been around for decades for the most part (minus Mighty Thor or whatever and a few others) Marvel suffers from not having them be a part of the MCU.  The SW characters are very much embedded within SW canon.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tales of the Jedi

I'm sure this has been posted but didn't see it. Not sure where else to put it so putting it here since this seems to feature a ton of Ahsoka.

I still maintain that Star Wars shows are best told in animation. Really looking forward to this since it's by Filoni. I really really like his SW animation stuff. Hoping this is as good as the last few eps of Clone Wars series.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 9/9/2022 at 3:48 PM, UT_OB1 said:

Hide contents

Hayden Christensen reprises his role as Anakin Skywalker 

Interesting

I assume they will have some de-aged flashbacks like in the Obi Wan show. Maybe we will get treated to a post-ROTJ ghost appearance like “oh btw I’m good again and I have this kid named Luke that you should meet!”

• 6 months later...
51 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Hera is pretty awesome. The shot of Lothal brought me back to the first time I watched Rebels. 

doesn't quite feel like the Hera of the animated series but I've put up with worse for my Star Wars fandom

seriously I haven't been this excited for a Star Wars anything since the previews of The Force Awakens.

I'm definitely a sucker for the fan service.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

so i guess that old guy is Joruus C'baoth

Praising John Goodman GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

If you could go back to 1991 or 1992 me and say we would be getting a big-budget Ahsoka Star Wars show with Grand Admiral Thrawn, Mara Jade, and Joruus C’baoth….

Orgasm Nut GIF by Giffffr

And then I’d be like “what the fuck is an Ahsoka?”

and then I’d be back to 

orgasm ovaries exploding GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

who is ray stevenson playing?

Joruus C'baoth.  Or one of his clones.  Or…well, the clone thing was complicated.

I still can’t believe they name dropped Heir to the Empire.  Zahn is only in his 70s.  Shame they never adapted his Cobra books.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Joruus C'baoth.  Or one of his clones.  Or…well, the clone thing was complicated.

I still can’t believe they name dropped Heir to the Empire.  Zahn is only in his 70s.  Shame they never adapted his Cobra books.

His name is Baylan. New character. 

Watching EckhartsLadder's breakdown now:

doesn't quite feel like the Hera of the animated series but I've put up with worse for my Star Wars fandom
seriously I haven't been this excited for a Star Wars anything since the previews of The Force Awakens.
I'm definitely a sucker for the fan service.

Doesn't seem like the same Sabine either but this chick is cute so I'll allow it. 

While we’re at it I don’t like the Ahsoka actress choice either, but I’m such a huge fan of the character and CW and Rebels that I’m in. I hope Disney doesn’t fuck it up.