Sarah Stogner for Railroad Commissioner - Video

Horn Under a Bad Sign

I say this without any sexual innuendo:  Sarah Stogner is the kind of Republican I could get behind.

She's smart, she's funny and she's principled.  Here's an interview with her in which she talks about the now infamous pumpjack video.  She's already been asked four questions, one of which was "George Strait or Willie?"  and she answered Willie ----- but this is question number five queued up.  She's just great.  After you watch this, go back and watch her answer the first four questions.  She's 1000 times better than any of the other candidates. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Man, I meant to put in that first post that nearly the first words out of her mouth are "we need to free the boobs."    

I mean, who doesn't endorse that position?

Her boobs? Sure. All boobs? You might want to rethink that one.

From Sarah's Linked-In:

For the past 13 years, I have helped energy-related businesses understand, mitigate, allocate, and manage risk. I am now bringing that experience to help others learn from past experiences and avoid the same mistakes. I am licensed to practice in Louisiana, Texas, and Colorado (pending in Mississippi). And yes - one of my favorite things to do is banter about indemnity provisions and new insurance provision wording. But the world is changing. And the legal industry is slow to adapt.

I am actively working with other oil and gas industry leaders to develop smart contracts and utilize blockchain technology to avoid legal issues. We now have data that can prevent accidents. It was nearly impossible to know what happened downhole 60 years ago. That is rapidly changing and I am helping clients develop new ways of contracting and insuring risks by integrating data into legal decisions.

I am also helping clients in the cannabis industry. Cannabis, like oil and gas, is a commodity. Federal decriminalization is inevitable, and it will open the industry up for quick and rapid expansion. Cannabis will be grown in the most efficient means possible - no longer restricted by state boundaries and laws. Oil and gas contracts can be modified to allocate risk for cannabis just like we currently do for the energy sector. It's exciting and I'm looking forward to making a lasting impact as these legal issues develop.

I love helping clients identify, mitigate, and allocate risk through contracts and insurance. 

• 1 month later...

Not sure there's been a discussion about this particular lake or the wider issue of abandoned oil wells, but this is the second story Texas Monthly has run in the past few months about this place.

I don't know enough about this person to fully endorse her, but the current RRC seems like a real jackass. Personally, I can't vote in the May 24th GOP primary, but those of you who do may want to look into this.

The Dead Sea of West Texas Just Got Deadlier
Dangerous gas leaking from an abandoned well has become an issue in the colorful Railroad Commission runoff election.

lake-boehmer-just-got-deadlier.jpg?auto=

Previous article: The Dead Sea of West Texas

Lake Boehmer

Lake Boehmer

• Rage+1 1

On 2/23/2022 at 3:30 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

From Sarah's Linked-In:

For the past 13 years, I have helped energy-related businesses understand, mitigate, allocate, and manage risk. I am now bringing that experience to help others learn from past experiences and avoid the same mistakes. I am licensed to practice in Louisiana, Texas, and Colorado (pending in Mississippi). And yes - one of my favorite things to do is banter about indemnity provisions and new insurance provision wording. But the world is changing. And the legal industry is slow to adapt.

I am actively working with other oil and gas industry leaders to develop smart contracts and utilize blockchain technology to avoid legal issues. We now have data that can prevent accidents. It was nearly impossible to know what happened downhole 60 years ago. That is rapidly changing and I am helping clients develop new ways of contracting and insuring risks by integrating data into legal decisions.

I am also helping clients in the cannabis industry. Cannabis, like oil and gas, is a commodity. Federal decriminalization is inevitable, and it will open the industry up for quick and rapid expansion. Cannabis will be grown in the most efficient means possible - no longer restricted by state boundaries and laws. Oil and gas contracts can be modified to allocate risk for cannabis just like we currently do for the energy sector. It's exciting and I'm looking forward to making a lasting impact as these legal issues develop.

I love helping clients identify, mitigate, and allocate risk through contracts and insurance. 

Good lord, I would hope the industry has a better idea how to drill wells today than it did 60 years ago.  I think the space industry is the only one in existence that gets dudes hard for doing the same shit that was done back in the 1960s. 

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you were really good at word math problems, weren't you?

Many people said I was the best they had ever seen at word math problems.  I remember a teacher coming up to me, he was a big strapping guy with tears in his eyes, and he said, "Sir, thank you for showing the free world how tremendously word math problems should be done."

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2