Shriner's College Classic Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

Yeah. Our “small ball” identity just kicked the fuck out of your inflated “gorilla ball” identity. Fucking suck it and get used to it. The sec thinks they’ve seen baseball machines. Nope. Not like this. You toothless fucks know what bama does to y’all in football? Yeah. That’s what we’re going to do in baseball. Hope you had your fun. The sec is ours the second we walk in 

Ha! “gorilla ball”.
I’ve known this for years but tonight and last night shows what kind or park they play in or who they’ve played . Lot of gaudy batting averages for both.
Number of times a kitty put a charge into a fly ball tonight ( with tiger dropping fans going apeshit) only to be caught by one of outfielders , a few way in front of the track. Their warning track power shows what their stats would be if they played in a park like the Disch or even TD Ameritrade in Omaha. No cheapies. Gotta earn it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Ha! “gorilla ball”.
I’ve known this for years but tonight and last night shows what kind or park they play in or who they’ve played . Lot of gaudy batting averages for both.
Number of times a kitty put a charge into a fly ball tonight ( with tiger dropping fans going apeshit) only to be caught by one of outfielders , a few way in front of the track. Their warning track power shows what their stats would be if they played in a park like the Disch or even TD Ameritrade in Omaha. No cheapies. Gotta earn it.

Yup. It’s the same shit that always happens. These idiots think they have power and then they hit fly outs at Rosenblatt and now TD. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

That shoe guy was 4 rows behind us. He went thru about 4 or 5 beers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

We were on the other side of the section but pretty much eye level for all of these… someone with that dudes hygiene should keep there feet as far from their mouth as possible 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

That shoe guy was 4 rows behind us. He went thru about 4 or 5 beers.

Yeah I was in 112 about same row to the right. That dude was everything. 
He was smashed and living life. We counted 5. The last 2 or 3 with no shirt. 

Edited by JerrysJheriCurl
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yup. It’s the same shit that always happens. These idiots think they have power and then they hit fly outs at Rosenblatt and now TD. 

One of the many reasons I love the Disch. The Disch and TD are very very similar parks dimensions and the way it plays pretty big, serious pitching, defense and gap to gap hitting parks. Keep the dimensions at the Disch just the way they are, thank you. I want our home field to be a replica of our goal 

• Hook 'Em 4

56 minutes ago, Fletch said:

You joke but I think we have a legit shot at 56-6 like Oregon state in 2017. Except we’d finish 58-4. We wouldn’t cough up the national championship like those chokers 

Our conferences is 2x as hard as that conference.  We’re going to lose some games vs a tough b12 lineup. TCU, OSU and Ou are touney teams. Baylor and tech are no joke. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. 

• Hook 'Em 1

A few personal notes from being at the game… sat in 110 row 3… 
1) the ballpark smelled like the Jester Wendy’s. I haven’t been in that Wendy’s in over 10 years but the smell was identical 
2) my best friend is from New Orleans and has been shit talking me and a whole group text of UT guys all month. He lost a lot of money to us tonight. 

3) LSU fans were numerous and loud as shit until Hodo’s HR… they tried to get loud a few times after but it was never the same as before that hit. 

4) Goddamn, how is anyone going to win a series against us with this filthy fucking pitching we have? Happy to see the offense has come around this year too… too often we have pitching but zero offense. Let’s go win the whole damn thing 
D7E8F52C-C1E6-4292-B61F-09ADCE2B7C54.thumb.jpeg.57a643b669d9b2854f2287c8e0a84fd5.jpeg

The losses this season will come mid week when local teams throw their normal Friday guy just to beat #1, and a few random Weekend losses by a run or two because of cold bats. But so far I don’t see an issue losing a 3 game weekend series more than once against a hot team. Got damn this team is 2005 fun to watch.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Lilshep kept asking why is he doing that. We had a blast. Kod stayed thru 8 hours of baseball, no complaints. 1 bathroom break. He left with about 15 signatures. Couldn't say coach tulo last name correctly. But coach worked with him on it after the game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

Our conferences is 2x as hard as that conference.  We’re going to lose some games vs a tough b12 lineup. TCU, OSU and Ou are touney teams. Baylor and tech are no joke. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. 

Yeah true. We’ll still end up something crazy like 40 games above .500

• Hook 'Em 1

Agree as I posted. 6 losses will be in the books by the end of April. But the flip out on each loss will be epically funny. Undefeated or fire everybody!
  • Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

A few personal notes from being at the game… sat in 110 row 3… 

1) the ballpark smelled like the Jester Wendy’s. I haven’t been in that Wendy’s in over 10 years but the smell was identical 

2) my best friend is from New Orleans and has been shit talking me and a whole group text of UT guys all month. He lost a lot of money to us tonight. 

3) LSU fans were numerous and loud as shit until Hodo’s HR… they tried to get loud a few times after but it was never the same as before that hit. 

4) Goddamn, how is anyone going to win a series against us with this filthy fucking pitching we have? Happy to see the offense has come around this year too… too often we have pitching but zero offense. Let’s go win the whole damn thing 

D7E8F52C-C1E6-4292-B61F-09ADCE2B7C54.jpeg

Now, hold on a goddamn minute....

Jester has a Wendy's????

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Walte464 said:

Lsu fans at biggios after the game. We had a bad game, wait till you have to play sec every weekend, you won’t be this good.

Told em that we beat the shit outta you, and if we played you every day this weekend, we’d beat the shit outta you

3 times. This isn’t football, the sec will take our asskicking every weekend and love it.

I am much more impressed with fans of blue blood teams when they can take their medicine and give you props for beating their asses.

If they keep shit talking after you whip them, they are nothing but little bitches.

Fuck'em.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Walte464 said:

Lsu fans at biggios after the game. We had a bad game, wait till you have to play sec every weekend, you won’t be this good.

Told em that we beat the shit outta you, and if we played you every day this weekend, we’d beat the shit outta you

3 times. This isn’t football, the sec will take our asskicking every weekend and love it.

100% bitch mode 

1 hour ago, Borachio said:

Wasn't this guy shotgunning beers out of his shoe in Omaha last year? I think they showed him on TV.

Yeah the guys behind me from the game know him and his brother apparently. He's the same guy from Omaha last year. He took his shirt off at one point to do the shoey and another he put on a t-shirt and then another he wore a jacket.  Not sure what the deal with changing what he was wearing was.
That was a really fun game to go to.  Especially with the split crowd and everyone shit talking.  If we get another matchup against them in Houston next year, that is a must go to game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

Yeah the guys behind me from the game know him and his brother apparently. He's the same guy from Omaha last year. He took his shirt off at one point to do the shoey and another he put on a t-shirt and then another he wore a jacket.  Not sure what the deal with changing what he was wearing was.
That was a really fun game to go to.  Especially with the split crowd and everyone shit talking.  If we get another matchup against them in Houston next year, that is a must go to game. 

We won't play the Houston tourney 2 years in a row.

24 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Now, hold on a goddamn minute....

Jester has a Wendy's????

My man… how long has it been since you were at UT? When I lived on campus in 09, that Wendy’s was the rally point after getting shit hammered elsewhere. I once shared a couple orders of nuggets with Chris Whaley and Ben wells because I was too drunk to not find my own table… a real bonding experience. Then they shut the lights off cus it was 3 am

9 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

We won't play the Houston tourney 2 years in a row.

The 2021 Tourny was weak sauce 

The three-day, six-team, nine-game tournament, which is held at Minute Maid Park every spring, will feature six Texas programs, including two that are ranked in the top 10 nationally by D1Baseball.com: Texas Tech (#3), TCU (#10), Rice, Sam Houston, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi and Texas State.

10 minutes ago, Tex48 said:

True.  We will most likely be back in Arlington next right?

I would expect so.

7 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

My man… how long has it been since you were at UT? When I lived on campus in 09, that Wendy’s was the rally point after getting shit hammered elsewhere. I once shared a couple orders of nuggets with Chris Whaley and Ben wells because I was too drunk to not find my own table… a real bonding experience. Then they shut the lights off cus it was 3 am

I lived in Jester '87-'88.  Long before any franchises came on to campus.

Yeah, I knew the Union had some of those.  Haven't walked through Jester in forever.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, JerrysJheriCurl said:

I’m not a straight girl so I could be wrong - but I’m pretty sure that’s how you Incel fellas. Just in case you were curious. 

Edited by troph

Had a younger chatty LSU fan sit next to me and the Nephew and proceed to tell me how it would be a high scoring game. Was making digs throughout his diatribe. Was lucky to have my nephew in between us to answer his questions about nothing.
He was trying to say Steven’s ERA  could not withstand LSU.  Well… he and his buddies got real quiet while the Nephew and I were high fiving and punching out LSU players and commenting loudly how LSU could not hit the slider unless they got drilled. A couple of older LSU gals sitting next to us  were pointing out who our guys were laying out and giving up their bodies for the ball like men. But the Chef’s kiss was when I commented to the Nephew that Tre Morgan hasn’t shown us shit in their game. And the dude in front starts telling me he is the best player in Baseball. Of course I told him that he has not done shit in this game besides pirouette  for an out on first, and he had three more innings to actually do something. His retort that the fly out to not even the warning track at the crawfish boxes was something. We laughed at him. I told him the only place he is going hitting like that is the hair dresser to get rid of his dumbass hair-doo. Had he not been hit with a shoelace slider he would be wearing the Golden sombrero, and of course that is what we called him the rest of the game.  Morgan over swings on every pitch. Stevens worked him like a middle schooler.

There was a cool old timer LSU fan behind us. He told me I needed to retire my hat since it said BIG XII on it and he can’t wait for us to join so that “we can do this a couple of times a season every year”. Gotta say, I enjoyed the hell out of this game. And do love the annoyingly loud LSU mouth breathers and their partying wiggly women they have on a chain. Was fun, look forward to more of this too.

2B71F85A-07F2-4774-9610-0D03321F2102.jpeg

184264F6-7EDB-4C51-A3E9-C49FBA6222A2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

That's the blueprint.  

They love runnin' their sewers until you pop 'em in it and then they get real nice and quiet.

10 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Had a younger chatty LSU fan sit next to me and the Nephew and proceed to tell me how it would be a high scoring game. Was making digs throughout his diatribe. Was lucky to have my nephew in between us to answer his questions about nothing.
He was trying to say Steven’s ERA  could not withstand LSU.  Well… he and his buddies got real quiet while the Nephew and I were high fiving and punching out LSU players and commenting loudly how LSU could not hit the slider unless they got drilled. A couple of older LSU gals sitting next to us  were pointing out who our guys were laying out and giving up their bodies for the ball like men. But the Chef’s kiss was when I commented to the Nephew that Tre Morgan hasn’t shown us shit in their game. And the dude in front starts telling me he is the best player in Baseball. Of course I told him that he has not done shit in this game besides pirouette  for an out on first, and he had three more innings to actually do something. His retort that the fly out to not even the warning track at the crawfish boxes was something. We laughed at him. I told him the only place he is going hitting like that is the hair dresser to get rid of his dumbass hair-doo. Had he not been hit with a shoelace slider he would be wearing the Golden sombrero, and of course that is what we called him the rest of the game.  Morgan over swings on every pitch. Stevens worked him like a middle schooler.

There was a cool old timer LSU fan behind us. He told me I needed to retire my hat since it said BIG XII on it and he can’t wait for us to join so that “we can do this a couple of times a season every year”. Gotta say, I enjoyed the hell out of this game. And do love the annoyingly loud LSU mouth breathers and their partying wiggly women they have on a chain. Was fun, look forward to more of this too.

It's cute how LSU fans think they really know the game of baseball and its nuances.

Almost as adorable as Bozo The Clown they trot out to first base.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JerrysJheriCurl said:

5F8F9109-A975-4FD4-AAB1-C04D1089E4E5.jpeg

Wait, was this in the Crawford Boxes?  Crawford Box shoe drinking of beer in the Crawford Boxes?  Crawford Box debaucherry?  Box of Crawfords?

I've now run out of unclever ways of forcing the words, "Crawford Box(s)" into this post.  I need last night's announcers to pick me up here as they were Ninjas at this annoying fucking craft.

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s great because they looooove their baseball so punking them is something to relish. Made that championship series a few years back so fucking awful. Shoulda had that.

Texas / LSU could quickly become THE top baseball rivalry in the SEC. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

Ha! “gorilla ball”.

They hit it Heavy. 

8 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

2) my best friend is from New Orleans and has been shit talking me and a group text of UT guys all month. He lost a lot of money to us tonight

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

56 minutes ago, Cajun said:

It's cute how LSU fans think they really know the game of baseball and its nuances.

Almost as adorable as Bozo The Clown they trot out to first base.

Like 2 separate assholes thinking stevens is our ace. Christ you could argue he’s our 3rd best starter 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, troph said:

It’s great because they looooove their baseball so punking them is something to relish. Made that championship series a few years back so fucking awful. Shoulda had that.

Texas / LSU could quickly become THE top baseball rivalry in the SEC. 

it will the second we join. Us being bordering states and the flagships(fuck off aggy. And yeah technically Louisiana is the flagship I think but come on it’s LSU)and us rightly claiming the best baseball program while they pretend they do is going to make this an immediate top college baseball rivalry. Shit we’re gonna get salty in football and basketball pretty quickly too. It’ll take about a tenth of a second of our entry for our new found “rivalry” with LSU greatly overshadows the one aggy thinks they have 

• Hook 'Em 1