Shriner's College Classic Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

I think the strategy was to basically give that lefty nothing to hit since first was open and we only had one out. But, as much as I like winning and want to win this game, I really do like the idea of leaving these young guys in during these situations. Obviously it's a hard line to balance, especially not wanting to tank their confidence, but it's a tightrope that Pierce and Allen have walked beautifully so far. It'll help us in the postseason

Edited by SomeoneYouKnow2
  • Hook 'Em 3

Just now, VirginiaLonghorn said:

That rolling curve is too fat .. fortunate the LSU bubba whiffed on it,

Maybe but the pitch he as throwing before was high to low inside seemed like it started the same and didn’t drop as much and moved out.  Coulda been a dangerous one, seemed like it moved well.

1 minute ago, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

I think the strategy was to basically give that lefty nothing to hit since first was open and we only had one out. But, as much as I like winning and want to win this game, I really do like the idea of leaving these young guys in during these situations. Obviously it's a hard line to balance, especially not wanting to tank their confidence, but it's a tightrope that Pierce and Allen have walked beautifully so far. It'll help us in the postseason

Pulling him after a SO definitely helps. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hobbes2702 said:

Ok so what do we think of our pen? I thought it was really good but a couple recent wobbles worry me. Nixon is a monster though 

Fine. Nixon is Nixon. Southhard just couldn’t quite find it last night. Harrison, Sthele, Steely and Blair are studs.  If Duplantier takes the Tuesday spot, Gordon will be filthy out of then pen. I’d like to see some more Stewart and Lebarron Johnson. But yeah I’d be shocked if there’s a better bullpen than ours out there 

FUCKIN A HARRISON!!!! Dude is nails 

• Hook 'Em 6