Shriner's College Classic Weekend Thread

Horny Bull

35 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Definitely not CWS shoe guy.  That guy was a long-haired pretty boy.  Either that or he's had a rough nine months.  Really rough.

You say this like it’s a low percentage bet.

Dude drinks beer out of a shoe.  A recently worn shoe.  That he walked through Houston Soup Air to get into the game.

I find it highly likely he’s had a rough nine months getting to that point in time and life.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Before the Friday game we sat next to a lsu family, damn nice people. All lsu grads. The older couple both keeping score. We sat and talked college baseball the whole time. They said they try make all the games, season ticket holders. I loved talking score book with them. They all went nuts on the walk off, wife and daughter gave me big hugs ha 

my dad got the guys cell, said they’d drink beers in Omaha, the wife said - ‘you’re on !’ 

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jshep34 said:

Lsu left 10 on base. Anyone have exact attendance number? Shriners needs this type of match up each year. Hopefully raised some serious $$ for them to help.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

shriners hospital is a great cause !

16 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

At this point I almost feel like anything other than the championship is going to be a disappointment.

I felt that way last fall and I think the team does to. Anything less than a title would be disappointing, but that is what being preseason #1 means.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I felt that way last fall and I think the team does to. Anything less than a title would be disappointing, but that is what being preseason #1 means.

It’s actually my only concern. This is a long season and losing focus once at the wrong time can lead to a dangerous outcome. Just ask Gonzaga.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Right, Brian. Because Horn fans have no experience sustaining this for, say, a week plus in Omaha.

Dumbass.

I don't even know what the hell he is talking about. It is not like we have some reputation of not showing up on Sunday games or something.

16 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Lsu left 10 on base. Anyone have exact attendance number? Shriners needs this type of match up each year. Hopefully raised some serious $$ for them to help.

24,000 I think. It was posted in the thread during the game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jshep34 said:

Spoke to Shriner’s chairman last night. LSU and Texas back year after next. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, troph said:

It’s actually my only concern. This is a long season and losing focus once at the wrong time can lead to a dangerous outcome. Just ask Gonzaga.

Yeah what matters doesn't happen in February and March but what happens in June as we know from last year's team. If all this winning causes the team to relax, well the other teams out there are working their asses off to get better and if our team is not doing the same they will catch up to us eventually.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah what matters doesn't happen in February and March but what happens in June as we know from last year's team. If all this winning causes the team to relax, well the other teams out there are working their asses off to get better and if our team is not doing the same they will catch up to us eventually.

You’re correct. Loooong season and pays to be hungry, like our team had to be last year. Right now, I’m seeing the same thing with this club as unfinished business and getting to Omaha. This really could be the start ( really last year) of a great time in Texas Baseball like the runs of 83-85 and 02-05.
I hope so anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

You’re correct. Loooong season and pays to be hungry, like our team had to be last year. Right now, I’m seeing the same thing with this club as unfinished business and getting to Omaha. This really could be the start ( really last year) of a great time in Texas Baseball like the runs of 83-85 and 02-05.
I hope so anyway. emoji869.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think 2004 is the best team I've ever seen, and they didn't get it done, thanks to Jarod Fucking Windsor.

• Rage+1 2

I hope this isn't true.

It was kind of true. Her and a friend were standing for the first few innings. There was some LSU fan that would not stop yelling at them to sit down. They did have some back and forth, but it wasn’t that bad. I don’t think she did anything upsetting at all.

30 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Do they make an effort to not have conference teams play non-conference games?  Or is that just a coincidence this year?  I guess the question is will this continue after the conference change?

Yes, always non-conference games.  It used to be Rice and UH played every year.  At least one year it was 3 Big 12 teams vs 3 SEC.  I would assume they'll still limit it to at most 3 SEC teams and that they'll still take Texas, LSU, and aggy every other year.

I still hate the move for baseball as much as for everything else.

Edited by WBT

22 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yes, always non-conference games.  It used to be Rice and UH played every year.  At least one year it was 3 Big 12 teams vs 3 SEC.  I would assume they'll still limit it to at most 3 SEC teams and that they'll still take Texas, LSU, and aggy every other year.

I still hate the move for baseball as much as for everything else.

You hate the move for baseball? I thought that was the primary redeeming feature of the move. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

You hate the move for baseball? I thought that was the primary redeeming feature of the move. 

yeah it's really the only part of the move that I really like without an exception.  I mean I still hate the "south will rise" shit but other than that, its money for baseball.