2022 NCAA Tournament - 2nd Round

Wally Pryor

14 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

I'm not concerned with moving on.

- Conference strength won't be quite the same but the SEC will always have plenty at the table in March with w/ the committee.
- Lower level of competition but less wear and tear from January and February.  Plus and minus. I like the former. 
- Beard will schedule a marquee holiday tourney and 2 to 3 home and homes with the Big 10 and Big 12 to address the RPI.
- Good coach? Check. Good players? See Good coach. New / lesser conference? Not a big deal. The first two take care of everything else. At the extreme example you can reference Gonzaga - very good team, crap conference.  We can only hope for that level of success.

My thoughts are similar. Plus, looking at the totality of our mens and women's sports programs, we're going to benefit from the SEC's reputation much more than be hurt by it.  

19 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

- Conference strength won't be quite the same but the SEC will always have plenty at the table in March with w/ the committee.
- Lower level of competition but less wear and tear from January and February.  Plus and minus. I like the former. 
- Beard will schedule a marquee holiday tourney and 2 to 3 home and homes with the Big 10 and Big 12 to address the RPI.
- Good coach? Check. Good players? See Good coach. New / lesser conference? Not a big deal. The first two take care of everything else. At the extreme example you can reference Gonzaga - very good team, crap conference.  We can only hope for that level of success.

How’s UT’s Rifle Team looking?  

24 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

7 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

My thoughts are similar. Plus, looking at the totality of our mens and women's sports programs, we're going to benefit from the SEC's reputation much more than be hurt by it.  

I don't give a shit about being helped by reputation, I like watching good basketball. And this isn't football with a limited championship field. Better competition throughout the season helps you for tournament time. It's being argued here that an easier conference would help by resting teams when we just watched the SEC shit the bed in the tournament while the Big 12 is kicking ass.

Just now, CptnJiggleBits said:

Barkley always makes me laugh.  Kenny Smith said, "Dean Smith used to have a saying.."" Barkley interrupts " Was it pass the ball to Michael Jordan and get the hell out the way when you do?" 

Barkley is a National Treasure. For the churro/ San Antonio women alone. I watch basketball in large part to see his takes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Kinda like how aggy don't tolerate people who lie, cheat, or steal...

But aggy has won many sub-conference titles? Also which poster said that edert looked like a guy he bought a dime bag from in highschool in the 70’s because that was perfect!