2022 NCAA Tournament - 2nd Round

Wally Pryor

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

Gene Seratore just clearly makes up shit to excuse the officiating and the announcers don't know the rulebook well enough to question.  It's not goaltending if it has already hit the rim, but if it hasn't, it's goaltending????  WTF??

jesus what game was this?

1 minute ago, Beau Vine said:

And they just brought in Gene to ask if the technical foul call on Few was a good call.

You're not going to believe this, but he said it was.

That's a point of emphasis, actually.  If a coach points to the video board, that's an auto T.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep I've said many times that the move to the SEC has definite downsides and leaving the best basketball conference in the country isn't getting enough mention. 

It has all kinds of downsides. I will miss Big 12 basketball immensely. I hate those fucking assholes in the SEC. My least favorite conference by far. 

But we had to get out of this dead end conference. Because of geography and history, we started in a conference not made for the TV. To get away from TCU/UH/Rice/SMU we had to bring lightweights (TV wise) Baylor and Tech. The marriage with the Big 8 was more of a shotgun wedding than anything else. When CU/MU/A&M/Nebraska bolted for better conference affiliations - blaming Texas on the way out - it hollowed out the conference greatly. Deloss Dodds was completely depantsed on that one. Should’ve gotten out then when A&M left. Kept legitimately thinking Notre Dame was going to join the Big 12.

As it was, Texas had to do an end around with the legislature. The only conference that would work with us behind the curtain was the SEC. Everyone else wanted a more transparent process, which would have allowed Texas legislators to threaten PUF money to allow us to make the move. There are schools in both the B1G and the PAC that didn’t want Texas and OU being admitted, so it wasn’t even a sure thing. 

I hate this move, frankly. But we’re entering an era where we need a conference office who is willing to advocate for the big budget athletic departments unequivocally, instead of the Big 12’s equivocation between the needs of UT/OU and the the rest of the smaller budget brethren. Better to get out now before the music stops and everyone is scrambling foe a chair. Texas always would have been fine, but its leverage would have been severely weakened. 

It’s the best of a lot of shitty outcomes. Just glad to be away from all the programs who bring nothing in terms of the future of collegiate athletics from a revenue generating standpoint, even if the landing spot is covered with shit. The good news is we get to infuriate a whole new set of fans with our sense of entitlement. SEC fans are going to learn to loathe us when we look down on all of them.