Austin Regional Thread

Horny Bull

Wrong, a guy can make a catch, run 20’, kill himself on the wall, not a catch. Must willingly try to remove the ball from his glove. 

Don’t make make a shit now though. 

Yep. My son caught a fly ball, got knocked out cold colliding with a fellow fielder. When he hit the ground, the ball dribbled out of his glove. And that was what he was most pissed about - he thought it was wildly unfair.

I was just damned happy he came to right away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

“In establishing the validity of the catch, the fielder shall demonstrate complete control of the ball and that the release of the ball is voluntary and intentional. Only two circumstances may be interpreted as creating a voluntary and intentional release.
1)    When the momentum of the catch is complete; i.e., the fielder has reversed his direction and is running the ball back toward the infield or;
2)    When the fielder is reaching for the ball to make a throw.”

Excerpt From: National Collegiate Athletic Association. “2017-2018 Baseball Rules.” iBooks.

Anyone have the video?

3 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Holy shit, that was one helluva half inning. 

Might be in the minority, but I agree with the call on that foul to left.

I don’t agree with the rule, but now I know what the rule is thanks to he Austin Todd no catch a week ago. So I immediately looked at the umpire and saw the safe call. 

1 minute ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Indiana lucky the ump was having a fucking stroke during this game

seriously, that ump prolly has hypertension, bph, and maybe diabetes with 8-10 years of life left. Fuck him. Mother nature will do him far worse an outcome than we ever can

Jeez, it's just a fucking baseball game dude

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Homesickhorn said:

What the fuck was the deal with asking the ball boy for another ball, like three times?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't he throw the balls directly to the pitcher and catcher? The ump wanted to inspect them to make sure they were legit.

1 minute ago, Homesickhorn said:

I’m worried about the Rebs. They better turn on their fucking A-game tomorrow. Neither of these teams are reputable, but they just won’t go away. They’re scrappy as hell, and that scares me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it scare you to death?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

So ... pitching staff gave up two earned runs in three games?

exc.gif

People hated going 0-2 in the big 12 tournament but that's why coaches want to head home early if their seeding is already pretty much locked up. 

Arms were fresh and it showed. 

Just now, TheBryMan81 said:

Jeez, it's just a fucking baseball game dude

Fuck him. If i were as shitty at my job as he is at his, id be fired maybe 30 minutes into my first shift and 8-10 patients would be dead

he sucks ass at what he does. He needs to retire. He didnt. I really dont give a fuck, but hes prolly 50-60 years old and lives in texas.... so maybe 10 years left of his life, with a shitty enough day job that he has to shittly umpire college baseball games

8 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

Wrong, a guy can make a catch, run 20’, kill himself on the wall, not a catch. Must willingly try to remove the ball from his glove. 

Don’t make make a shit now though. 

It doesn't sound like this reading is consistent with what you are saying:

"When the momentum of the catch is complete; i.e., the fielder has reversed his direction and is running the ball back toward the infield or;"

If that's sufficient, removal is not necessary.