2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Y'all all know I have a big one for Yordan.....but that outfield assist was also a great fucking play by Machete. Yordan slung the shit outta that but it wasn't exactly on the money and Machete made a fantastic adjustment after the catch to nail Dozier at the plate.

Edited by Gourmand
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Y'all all know I have a big one for Yordan.....but that outfield assist was also a great fucking play by Machete. Yordan slung the shit outta that but it wasn't exactly on the money and Machete made a fantastic adjustment after the catch to nail Dozier at the plate.

Gary Sanchez would have let it go to the backstop and advance the runners

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, rvm96 said:

Gary Sanchez would have let it go to the backstop and advance the runners

To be fair to Gary it’s also possible he would have let it hit him in the glove, drop it, and look at it like a big dumb dumb while the runner crossed the

plate. 

47 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

To be fair to Gary it’s also possible he would have let it hit him in the glove, drop it, and look at it like a big dumb dumb while the runner crossed the

plate. 

TO BE FAIR with Gary the sky really is the limit.  Also the floor is a limit.  Most things are limiting to him.

Edited by huge
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yordan is 15th in biggest difference from his batting average of .313 to his xBA of .357 this year. It's also the highest xBA in MLB. He also has the highest slugging and expected slugging numbers with .663 and .756

Edited by rvm96
Old data

Does this team need to make any moves at all?  Very few holes. When LMJ comes back we're going to have 7 legit starters (counting Odo).  Bullpen is nails and we've got guys down (Bielak, Paredes) that provide depth if someone goes down.  Would like to see better numbers from Yuli, but would the team honestly go out and get a 1B and replace him at this point? He might have a better second half and playoffs, or he might be done.  Who knows? 

37 minutes ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Does this team need to make any moves at all?  Very few holes. When LMJ comes back we're going to have 7 legit starters (counting Odo).  Bullpen is nails and we've got guys down (Bielak, Paredes) that provide depth if someone goes down.  Would like to see better numbers from Yuli, but would the team honestly go out and get a 1B and replace him at this point? He might have a better second half and playoffs, or he might be done.  Who knows? 

Yeah- they need to trade Odo b/c to not do so when you carry 6 other plus pitchers, and with him absolutely not a part of the post season roster, is really really pointless.  Move off of him and get whatever you can as far as lotto tickets go- plus that saves some money for next year not having to pay his bonus.  And it gets rid of a guy that wants innings and is kind of an ingrate based upon how things went down last year.   

I also really think 1b is, if not a major hole, definitely an area that can be upgraded.  Yuli's postseason numbers aren't great, his quality of contact numbers suck, and he's been below league average for the year in hitting, at what should be the best offensive position on the team.  Josh Bell is just a no brainer if the prospect return isn't prohibitive.  I mean, we aren't doomed if we don't make a move at 1b- but there is no reason not to imo.   

• Hook 'Em 1

Playoff baseball is such a crap shoot.  1B is the obvious place to upgrade but Josh Bell in place of Yuli increases our championship odds by what?  1%?  0.1%?  I won't be upset if they decide the long-term cost isn't worth it.

8 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Yolk is probably the most popular guy on this team and a major clubhouse guy. His bat has been warming up with guys on base.

they’re not making a move for a 1B 

we’ll move odo and pick up a left handed arm 

Is the LHP 12?  Because that's about all Odo is worth

Just now, Pimphand said:

Yeah not sure why anyone thinks Rougnedizzi should starts on this team.  The only pitcher he is statistically close to is Urquidy who seems to have turned the corner in his last 3 starts.

odorizzi started the season with ~3 clunkers (not horrid, but not very good).  then he had 4 good to great starts - no way around it.  if he can find that form again, he's valuable, either to us or to somebody else.  that stretch was strong sp3 numbers for a decent team, though still probably sp4-sp6 for us.

bottom line is the yankees are chasing history with wins, and we're hot on their ass.  we can't afford to have a six-man if odorizzi is what we saw on monday.  our schedule is soft, give him the ball on sunday in oakland and see what happens.  4 innings, short leash.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Ojo Rojo said:

Dusty will be our biggest liability going into the playoffs. If he manages games like he did in the series in the Bronx he will cost us at least 1 game in a 7 game series. I hope he retires after this season.

57 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I still love that Jose went 1st to home on a ball that didn’t reach the fence, but the truth is that it could only have been pulled off against Sanchez.  

Yep, when I was watching it and saw the throw coming to the plate I was like "Oh shit, he's out by a mile."  Then Sanchez, Sanchezed it and I was happy.

33 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Dusty will be our biggest liability going into the playoffs. If he manages games like he did in the series in the Bronx he will cost us at least 1 game in a 7 game series. I hope he retires after this season.

You’re correct, going back to the 2021 World Series, dusty should have un retired and been taking at bats over Yordan and Bregman !!!

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Scraps said:

One story I saw today threw this out there: 

Washington Nationals trade: Josh Bell
Houston Astros trade: Alex Santos, Shay Whitcomb, Tyler Ivey

Done.  

This is what I keep saying about the prospect cost just isn't that high for a bat in the walk year from a shitty club.  You should do that deal 11 times out of 10.

• Hook 'Em 1