2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

9 minutes ago, WBT said:

Why would anyone give up anything of value for Siri?  We signed him as a minor league free agent barely 18 months ago and he hasn't shown much since.

Teams without hype trading for a position of need

image.gif.586116c54ac8bcc9fbcd782433450da7.gif

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

Adding Contreras would really help the playoff roster in that you wouldn’t have to carry the dead weight of Castro or Lee as the 2nd catcher. That’s with the caveat that you’re  willing to take the slight risk of Maldy getting  hurt while Contreras is DHing. You’d lose the DH in that case. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, runthebone said:

That douchebag Joc will be available the way the Giants are imploding.

I don’t know how I would deal with this at all.  This scenario is on the level of handing the Time Stone to Thanos.   It’s a terrible option, but it may be the one scenario that leads to victory. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

I don’t know how I would deal with this at all.  This scenario is on the level of handing the Time Stone to Thanos.   It’s a terrible option, but it may be the one scenario that leads to victory. 

Accurate

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

We should offer the Nationals Maton and Siri for Soto and see what they counter with 

If they say no to that then just say- well would you take those two for Bell?  If they say no to that then ask if they’d take it for Nelson Cruz. If they say no to that then ask if they’d take that for a done foam. 

• Hook 'Em 1

790 report …

Who might that player be? Good question. The trade market is not deep in catchers or center fielders. The obvious potential targets — Orioles center fielder Cedric Mullins, Pirates center fielder Bryan Reynolds, Athletics catcher Sean Murphy — do not play for teams hellbent on making the playoffs. So, the motivation for those clubs to meet the Astros’ price for an established starter would not be especially strong."

Rosenthal goes on to say that some teams are also interested in trading for Jose Siri as well. Whatever happens, it is going to be a very interesting deadline for the Astros.

Keep up with all things Astros with the latest edition of the Crawford Box-Cast, brought to you Karbach Brewing.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

For the record, I’m still high on Siri but he needs to be playing every day to develop into something 

A lot of similarities between Siri and Teoscar, who needed 3 seasons to figure out a workable approach with his swing mechanics. At least Siri is a legit GG caliber CF. The other difference is Siri is also 3 years older than when the Astros traded Teoscar in 2017.

• Hook 'Em 1

Can’t find anywhere if he signed or not, also don’t know how long his bio has been like that. Would be huge if we actually pulled that off

MLB had him ranked as the 92nd prospect in the draft 

Edited by OB3