2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Mancini may never want to leave Minute Maid. I think he likes it here. Hear there may be an opening at first next year.

Diaz is your starting 1B next year on opening day (or close to it). That’s my early surprise prediction for next year. 

19 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Holy shit there is some leather being flashed at the SS position tonight. 

2 more since I posted this. 

15 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Diaz is your starting 1B next year on opening day (or close to it). That’s my early surprise prediction for next year.

I actually was thinking the same. I wish the September call ups were still larger so he could come up and play some. If he is at first that saves up a lot of money to put in the outfield next year. But I do like Mancini and won’t be mad at it.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I actually was thinking the same. I wish the September call ups were still larger so he could come up and play some. If he is at first that saves up a lot of money to put in the outfield next year. But I do like Mancini and won’t be mad at it.

Same. 
there aren’t that many good OF on the market btw. I could see us going cheep at 1B and OF. If we fixed catcher for 5 years with a Contreras or Vazquez or something and extended Tucker and brought back JV that would be worth cheaping out at both spots. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Same. 
there aren’t that many good OF on the market btw. I could see us going cheep at 1B and OF. If we fixed catcher for 5 years with a Contreras or Vazquez or Something and extended Tucker and brought back JV that would be worth cheeping out at both spots. 

Not much on free agent market in OF but I don’t rule out a winter trade. We will still have some pitching and who knows who will be dumping salary. 

We may need a whole new bullpen. Good grief

1 minute ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Not much on free agent market in OF but I don’t rule out a winter trade. We will still have some pitching and who knows who will be dumping salary. 

We may need a whole new bullpen. Good grief

Yeah- I’m in favor of trading Garcia and a couple 

prospects for a 2-3 year fix at CF but if they don’t want to do that I’m fine with internal promotions at our departing players (no one we are replacing is great or even good so it’s a low risk proposition- unlike losing Morton, Cole, Springer and Correa in a row) and extending everyone. 
Montero feels like he’s costing himself some money in August.  

• Hook 'Em 1