2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

2 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Do they know how to bunt in the pros?

Apparently not, or the shift wouldn't have knocked the whole league's batting average down by 20 points.

Henry Aaron was one of the best bunters ever and he would've hit .600 against the shift, but don't tell these analytics nerds that.  Just try to park one!

11 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:

Who is worse? Him or Joe Buck? They both suck dick is my answer.

Both are awful - Smoltz is more annoying and grating IMO. Both of them together were nails on chalkboard. Buck’s favorite football team growing up were the Oilers so that gives him a few points in my book.

If you would have given me 2-2 on the JV/Framber starts before the series started I’d feel pretty good about going 2-1 in the Javier/LMJ/Javier starts. 
It was a motherfucker the way we lost last night but this team is so mentally strong they shrugged it off like it was nothing. 
time to get a couple more runs here, watch Framber go 6 scoreless and turn it over to the bullpen for a nice and boring three innings. 

1 minute ago, YChang said:

New #1 even if JV comes back?

With as much pitching as we have there is no way to justify giving JV 3 years and 100+ if you don’t trust him to be the hammer in the playoffs. He’s completely unnecessary in the regular season. 
But if JV is back he’s the opening day starter and your number 1. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2