2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

When we lose I start thinking of stuff like this, how really we are even lucky to be 7-1 with this shit ass offense. Yordan walks it off in game 1, 18 inning win thanks to pitching, Yankees sweep where the most we scored was 6 all series. Timely hitting more than team offense but it’s been this way all season and we won 106 games. I’m amazed drinking this ass cup of coffee that were in the WS. 

id be more shocked if altuve got hot at this point, we are beyond a slump and this is just what we’re gonna get all series. Alvarez disappeared last WS and here we are again. Mancini just blows and has all playoffs. I’m full doom and gloom this rainy morning.

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

this is fucking brutal ...

Astros are now 3-10 all-time in the World Series at home, being outscored 80-50. They've lost seven of their last eight at home, outscored 51-25.

If we make another WS can we defer all home games and play at a neutral site?  Hell, even play all games at the other team's place would be better than this shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

this is fucking brutal ...

Astros are now 3-10 all-time in the World Series at home, being outscored 80-50. They've lost seven of their last eight at home, outscored 51-25.

Gah damn. I knew it was bad but not that bad. I am scared to go to the game now.  I was at game 3 and 5 in 2017. And game 1 in 2019.  I am 2-1. 

I slept on it and still mad. Fuk

4 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

4, combo start him

Or don't start him at all.

I really thought he was okay last night even after the 4th.  That was an unlucky RBI single on a good pitch and one hung breaking ball for two more runs.  But that was the only blemish in his last 7+ IP.  Then he pitched like absolute dogshit in the 5th.

It boggles the mind how he can be so good for six months then so bad in the World Series.  But I think his usage from this point on has to be from the bullpen or not at all.  And I don't care how that makes him feel.

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, cabowabo said:
6 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:
Verlander’s 2022 postseason ERA is up to 7.20

Regardless of whether we win or lose the WS, I think the decision on whether to try to re-sign him has been made.

If Houston benched him the rest of the way or the it him in the pen, would it (and these postseason outings) cost him money on his next contract to the point he might actually take the $25M option for 2023? Do the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, Padres, whoever want to pay $30-40M for a 40 yo who sucks in the playoffs?

1 hour ago, Murfdogg21 said:

If Houston benched him the rest of the way or the it him in the pen, would it (and these postseason outings) cost him money on his next contract to the point he might actually take the $25M option for 2023? Do the Dodgers, Yankees, Red Sox, Padres, whoever want to pay $30-40M for a 40 yo who sucks in the playoffs?

Dodgers fan here.  We already have kershaw.  

• Rage+1 1

Only change I see dusty making is at DH for a game. He won’t mess with the rest of the lineup. And JV will get the ball game 5 for sure. I’m hoping last night was just a blip on the screen. I mean we’re 7-1 and it took them extras to lose their first game in the playoffs. I’m sure I’m overreacting a tad. I just took my morning dump and working on a third cup of coffee and ready to get that BDE going back up in here. 

22 minutes ago, Limp Brisket said:

Texting back and forth with my Dad this morning I said the same thing.  He can’t do any worse.  Hell at this point his ceiling may be higher.

At least you can still text your dad. We went radio silence after the 9th. Lol. We always need recovery time after a tough or embarrassing loss. 

We will probably talk again when we have a "safe" lead in game 2. 

4 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Pick one of Hensley, Diaz or Mancini as the full-time DH and fucking roll with that dude the rest of the series.  PH if appropriate, but this back and forth switching them all the time isn't helping.  It also doesn't help that Mancini and Diaz fucking suck right now but not much we can do about that.

Actually, what "we" can do about that is tell Hensley the DH job is his for now. If he fails, maybe go back to Diaz.

Under no circumstance use Mancini for anything other than a late-game PH in a dire moment when we need the slim chance of a long ball. He's hardly even hit a foul ball hard since mid-summer. I literally would have rostered Meyers over him...and I don't think Meyers is any good at all. 

Stros are going to win tonight. How do I know? Driving my son’s old wheels, tuned into regular FM radio, and “carry on my wayward son” comes on. From back in my early high school days, when we’d be on the road at 4:00 am (skipping morning classes) to go goose hunting, tuned into classic rock…if that song came on, we had an epic hunt. Never failed. Over the years, it turned into a harbinger of an epic day, of all varieties: horns win, good fishing, all that.
Kansas came blasting over the air this morning - it is done.

• Hook 'Em 7

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Stros are going to win tonight. How do I know? Driving my son’s old wheels, tuned into regular FM radio, and “carry on my wayward son” comes on. From back in my early high school days, when we’d be on the road at 4:00 am (skipping morning classes) to go goose hunting, tuned into classic rock…if that song came on, we had an epic hunt. Never failed. Over the years, it turned into a harbinger of an epic day, of all varieties: horns win, good fishing, all that.
Kansas came blasting over the air this morning - it is done.

Allow David Cross GIF