2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

32 minutes ago, runthebone said:

Well, the important thing is that Dusty learned his lesson...

Fuck

Meh.  People on here were crying just as much about pulling Framber in 6th and Montero in the 8th.  The way that every fan base blames every playoff loss on the timing of pitching changes is stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, WBT said:

Meh.  People on here were crying just as much about pulling Framber in 6th and Montero in the 8th.  The way that every fan base blames every playoff loss on the timing of pitching changes is stupid.

An Astro reliever pitched a shutout 8th. End of story. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

They charge you 60 bucks for 220 MB of data.  So to live stream a game...yeah, no.

Also, 8 PM start times do not work with Zurich and Egypt time zones.  Sucks to be me. 

Hard to plan for sports when you are an international man of mystery.  I was on a flight to Tokyo when Crabtree fucked our season. My GD phone blew up w texts as soon as I hit Narita. On the plus side of being an international sports fan, I once went into to newly unified E Germany to find a bar that showed the Horns. Got to see game but walked a few KM to find a taxi back. 

Edited by Alien Octopus

7 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Hard to plan for sports when you are an international man of mystery.  I was on a flight to Tokyo when Crabtree fucked our season. My GD phone blew up w texts as soon as I hit Narita. On the plus side of being an international sports fan, I once went into to newly unified E Germany to find a bar that showed the Horns. Got to see game but walked a few KM to find a taxi back. 

Yeah I watched Altuve walk off the Yankees in 2019 from a bar in Guatemala filled with bandwagon Yankees fan that would make Helo look lame, and one little tiny TV in the corner that saw Tom Herman almost blow it against Kansas.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Saint Tacky said:

I changed planes in O'Hare on the way to Seattle in 2003 and Cubs fans onboard had already convinced the pilot to put the Cubs playoff broadcast on one of the inflight entertainment channels. I wasn't listening, but when the Cubs' fans reached for the ball and deflected Moises Alou's potential catch the entire plane went into an uproar with arms flailing, people jumping up, and screaming obscenities. I plugged my headphones in but we lost the broadcast shortly after. Didn't really figure out what happened until we got to Seattle.

i watched the bartman play from a tv in the bathroom of my room at the bellagio.  we were holed up there for five days under assumed names unable to leave our rooms because the fbi was in the process of raiding our offices and dropping new charges.  i miss being on the lam.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

37 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Strangely enough... I watched the first time Dusty blew a 5-0 lead in a World Series game (Game 6, 2002) from a bar in Golfito, Costa Rica.

1 hour ago, Alien Octopus said:

Hard to plan for sports when you are an international woman of mystery.  I was on a flight to Tokyo when Crabtree fucked our season. My GD phone blew up w texts as soon as I hit Narita. On the plus side of being an international sports fan, I once went into to newly unified E Germany to find a bar that showed the Horns. Got to see game but walked a few KM to find a taxi back. 

FIFY

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i watched the bartman play from a tv in the bathroom of my room at the bellagio.  we were holed up there for five days under assumed names unable to leave our rooms because the fbi was in the process of raiding our offices and dropping new charges.  i miss being on the lam.

MLB trademark enforcement is no joke.

4 hours ago, runthebone said:

Well, the important thing is that Dusty learned his lesson...

Fuck

You would think the man would be sick and tired of finding out by now. Just like leaving Montero in Game 2 after Schwarber moon shotted the foul ball he insisted on fucking around and Schwarber damn near took him out of the park again.  Just inane and for fucks sake I want Dusty to retire after this season preferably with a WS ring but even if he's not I am tired of seeing the graphics of how he has never won it all and blows the doors off the rest of the competition at winning regular season games but never the Fall Classic as he is fucking around daring the universe to add more lore to the finding out tome during the aforementioned fall classic.

• Hook 'Em 1

brian kenny just had this whole segment on mlb now about the flukes and randomness and causes and effects and blah blah of the playoffs and how everything got where it is. 

then he’s like, who knows, we could be anywhere right now. we could be in la or seattle. 

game 3 of the world series was never going to be played in la. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yeah I watched Altuve walk off the Yankees in 2019 from a bar in Guatemala filled with bandwagon Yankees fan that would make Helo look lame, and one little tiny TV in the corner that saw Tom Herman almost blow it against Kansas.

Ha I was at Nizuc in Cancun fortunately everyone down there was rooting against the MFY now getting them to put the game on TV was a bit of a challenge but it got done.

Probably the craziest international sporting event viewing I ever had was in London in 2004 for the Texas A&M game.  The fucking bar wouldn't put the audio feed on and let me just saying trying to figure out that 1 point safety did not go very well hahah.

Between Tucker in the field and Pena in press conferences, we have to lead the league in nonchalance. 

6 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Amazing for a rookie rumored to be a faint shadow of CC on defense. I'm not sure who on the coaching staff is in charge of infielder training, but props to him/them as well. 

Espada.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Holy shit:

We really replaced Correa with a rookie who won ALCS MVP and a Gold Glove. 

That's got to be a blow to Carlos's ego. I know he has 30 million reasons to feel okay about life, but I'm sure it stings just a little bit.