2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Does anyone know whether they would keep the Friday/Saturday schedule for games 6&7 if this game is postponed. If so, don't you give the ball to JV and Framber for games 4 and 5 on normal rest and save Javier for a potential game 6? Either way, you are looking at a Garcia start in game 7 or LMJ on short rest, which I can't think they'd want to do. 

Edited by Seasick Sailor

59 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Is there any reason why Vazquez should not be plugged in the DH role? There is no legit justification for trotting Aledmys or Mancini out there. All of Vazquez’s numbers this season and past history of making clutch hits in the playoffs is calling for his use. 

Diaz and Mancini are both better hitters than Vazquez.  If we're going to make changes based off small recent samples, why would you choose Vazquez?  He's rocking a 28 wRC+ since coming to the Astros, so he's sucked too.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

Diaz and Mancini are both better hitters than Vazquez.  If we're going to make changes based off small recent samples, why would you choose Vazquez?  He's rocking a 28 wRC+ since coming to the Astros, so he's sucked too.

Mancini isn't a better hitter than anyone right now. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

In addition to how scary the crowd is going to be, I keep hearing about the Phillies impressive 47-34 record at home this year.  Anyone want to guess our road record?
Spoiler

51-30

They’re something like 27-14 at home after the ASG and through the post season. They play well at home but we love to wreck shit on the road in front of a raucous crowd.

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

In addition to how scary the crowd is going to be, I keep hearing about the Phillies impressive 47-34 record at home this year.  Anyone want to guess our road record?

Reveal hidden contents

51-30

i know we've been dealing with hostile crowds since the scandal, but let's be real - the astros have been historically great on the road since 2017.  altuve's numbers on the fucking road that season were insanity.  across the board, it was pretty nonsensical, which makes the "astros are probably still somehow cheating at home" narrative sound even sillier.

when you have a close-knit family oriented team and add in an "us vs everybody" attitude, you get a good, focused road team.  let's score first, last, and often.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

The forecast doesn't look promising.  It's gonna be really shitty baseball weather if they do try to delay it because the light rain chances are above 70% until 3:00am.  Looks much better tomorrow, so they might just cancel it.

Edited by kevwun

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

She didn’t schedule Halloween to be during the World Series and we unfortunately live out in the sticks where it’s virtually impossible to trick or treat. She indulges all my nonsense unless and until it interferes with the children. Then it’s a complete and total non starter. 

Tell her “Handle it, woman.”. Trick or treating doesn’t require any significant feats of strength and I’m pretty sure even the female brain can figure it out.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Sure. Game 5 would be on Thursday which is currently a travel day. 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I think most of us have experience with this kind of corporate bureaucracy. They had a meeting at 3ET to decide that they would have another meeting at 5ET where they will confirm that they hope to decide at another meeting at 6:30ET.

And all three meetings could have been an email. 

• Hook 'Em 1