2022 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Keeping the travel day and postponing the games 6 and 7 is just a straight up assfucking of the Astros and of the Astro fan base. So, I fully expect all of this to happen. 

FOX would rather not have game 7 of the World Series go up against SNF so they probably be on our side in that decision. 

10 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

FOX would rather not have game 7 of the World Series go up against SNF so they probably be on our side in that decision. 

I would rather not as well.

I want to either celebrate or drown in sorrow on a Saturday night (if needed) than on a Sunday night. 

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree.

Why?  Keep it open all year except for rain if that's what you want.  It's idiotic that they build them without retractable roofs at this point

No one is trying to see "scenic Philly" from their seat

Edited by uoftorange
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, uoftorange said:

Why?  Keep it open all year except for rain if that's what you want.  It's idiotic that they build them without retractable roofs at this point

This.  That is the beauty of the retractable roof. When the weather is good, you leave it open.  When it rains, you shut the damned thing.

6 minutes ago, uoftorange said:

It's not worth the added cost in a lot of places. They just don't need it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

The worst thing about this ppd is JV going game 4 and turning this in to a best 2 of 3.

really didn’t want him going until game 5 with us up 3-1.

Not sure I wouldn't rather start Brown in Game 5. At the moment, I trust JV only slightly more than Smith. But if JV were to start that game, hopefully the plan would be to have Brown come in at the first serious hint of a rally. Guess I know better, but let me have my dreams. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Is there reason to think anyone other than Javier should start Game 4? 

I think it depends on if they push everything back, including the travel day. If there is a game 7 on Sunday, you could probably get some innings out of Javier on short rest. . JV, not so much. 

Edited by TonyTexas