2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

ATLANTA -- Less than three full months into his Major League career, Michael Harris II has been given a lucrative deal that positions him to remain with his hometown Braves throughout this decade.

Harris and the Braves agreed to an eight-year, $72 million contract late Tuesday night. The deal comes just two weeks after Atlanta and Austin Riley agreed on a 10-year, $212 million deal.

The Braves announced the deal, which includes a $15 million club option for 2031 with a $5 million buyout and a $20 million club option for 2032 with a $5 million buyout. Harris will draw an annual salary of $5 million the next two seasons, an annual salary of $8 million from 2025-26, a $9 million salary in 2027, a $10 million annual salary from 2028-29 and $12 million in 2030.

Also, the A's released Elvis.  :(

19 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm trying to remember a story here, and hopefully one of you regulars (or anyone else) will know what i'm talking about. the long and short of it is that a guy held a grudge for like ten years before getting a chance to get revenge on another player who had wronged him in some way- maybe the guy pimped a HR, or he the guy had plunked him, can't remember. i just remember that they didn't play each other again for like a decade, but the one guy was still out for revenge and went after the other guy. any of y'all know what i'm talking about?

@Huckleberry @Beau Vine @shadow_operative2.0 ??

I doubt this will help but I remember a story about a pitcher and a batter that had a spat and then became teammates before the retaliation took place. They stayed on the same team for several years and became friends before one of them was traded away. The next time they faced each other, the batter got drilled. When asked why, the pitcher said that he owed it to him. I'm pretty sure it  was back in the 70s or maybe earlier.

20 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i'm trying to remember a story here, and hopefully one of you regulars (or anyone else) will know what i'm talking about. the long and short of it is that a guy held a grudge for like ten years before getting a chance to get revenge on another player who had wronged him in some way- maybe the guy pimped a HR, or he the guy had plunked him, can't remember. i just remember that they didn't play each other again for like a decade, but the one guy was still out for revenge and went after the other guy. any of y'all know what i'm talking about?

Bob Gibson / Pete La Cock?  PLC homered off Gibson in his last game and years later Gibson plunked him at an old timers game.  

21 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

I am pretty positive this is not even close to what you are referring to obviously, but here is an old one for a pitcher:

Mike Cuellar first game in the majors he gave up a grand slam to Gene Freese in two innings of work and then pitched  in one more game 3 days later and was back to the minors for 5 years after that.  

In 1964 he came back up with the Cardinals and one of his few starts that season was a complete game victory over PIttsburgh with Gene Freese made the last out of the game.  

54 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Or, because it’s TLR, batting him 9th….  behind the pitcher.

When my buddy's brother Brendan Ryan played for TLR in StL, he often batted 9th behind the pitcher.

Dodgers lose and split with the Brewers.  This may be the beginning of a collapse.

At least we're guaranteed a non-losing season... on August 18th.

Every single one of our acquisitions except Effross has been purely horrible. That grand slam was fools gold. Once gigantic division lead has completely evaporated. Cashman has to go after this year, he’s fucking awful. Hal & co had such a great core since 2017 and they never fucking went all in. Embarrassing 

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Every single one of our acquisitions except Effross has been purely horrible. That grand slam was fools gold. Once gigantic division lead has completely evaporated. Cashman has to go after this year, he’s fucking awful. Hal & co had such a great core since 2017 and they never fucking went all in. Embarrassing 

they don’t have the talent dude. it’s obvious to (almost) everyone.