2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

3 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

DeRo is the manager? jesus christ, good luck to those players. it'll be a miracle if the entire team hasn't completely tuned him out by day 3. may as well have chris rose as manager. 

He's gonna walk around the clubhouse in a suit, carrying a bat for no apparent reason, while he talks to the team.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

2023 schedule drops. For the first time ever, every team will play all the other 29 teams at least once. Errybody plays on opening day & July 4. Pretty cool imo. 

https://www.mlb.com/news/2023-mlb-schedule

Ugh, I wish there wasn’t even interleague play at all.

I know, I know…

Statler And Waldorf Reaction GIF by The Academy Awards

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I sure am glad the Yankees traded for Montas so that they didn't need Montgomery any more!

There’s rumblings that Yankee medical team was convinced his arm is about to explode. That’s the same team that can’t keep players healthy though so what do they know. 

2 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Dodgers are being awfully rude to ol’ boy Hoby. 

41-9 in the last 50.  Is that good?  It seems good.

starting rotation has something like a 2.75 ERA.  Add the top offense in baseball to that, and it’s a good recipe.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

who hates Pujols? i'm a Cubs fan who watched him beat our asses for years, and i love the guy. easily one of the most likable superstars ever, both on and off the field.

Astros fans don’t like him, hard to blame them. That ball he hit off Lidge is still circling the globe in orbit probably. 

• Haha 1

The Yankees are notorious for abusing the IL just to rest players. Clay holmes isn’t hurt right now for example, he’s just working to unfuck himself. The fact that this is happening right before a probably meaningless 10 game west coast road trip is no accident. Consensus is they’re just resting him, he’s already hit a career high in IP.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 11:22 AM, Beau Vine said:

giphy.gif

I just now realized he too was a one-time Dodger.  Traded for lefty Tony Watson.  To be fair, Watson pitched some critical innings for us.  But please don't let this be Yordan redux.  Although really no spot for him.  He's a true SS, and we had Seager and now Turner, both of which are much better options, as is Lux if we need to go that direction next year.  Hoping we re-sign Turner though.

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

who hates Pujols? i'm a Cubs fan who watched him beat our asses for years, and i love the guy. easily one of the most likable superstars ever, both on and off the field.

Yeah, he only played one year here, and he's a huge fan favorite.  Cheers for him were deafening when the Cards came to town.

14 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This makes me sick. But it’ll be hilarious when NL pitchers figure out he can’t hit a high fastball to save his life. No one pitched him low when he was in the bronx. 

The Yankees’ problem is that they traded for Joey Callo.  Everyone knows that Gallo is the guy you want.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This makes me sick. But it’ll be hilarious when NL pitchers figure out he can’t hit a high fastball to save his life. No one pitched him low when he was in the bronx. 

They've actually had interleague play for a couple years now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

They've actually had interleague play for a couple years now.

Still, they’ve never regularly faced him. I give him a week before his numbers crash. We’re also talking about a 30 at bat sample here. 

I’ll give him this: he has talked about adjusting his swing in LA. When he got to NY he was all “this is who I am, I’ll never change anything”. Now that he’s truly seen what a shitty fucking hitter he is, I think it may have humbled him some and may serve him well in the future. We’ll see.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It would be a shame if the Dodgers faced the Yanks in the WS and Gallo was the hero.

25 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Still, they’ve never regularly faced him. I give him a week before his numbers crash. We’re also talking about a 30 at bat sample here. 

I’ll give him this: he has talked about adjusting his swing in LA. When he got to NY he was all “this is who I am, I’ll never change anything”. Now that he’s truly seen what a shitty fucking hitter he is, I think it may have humbled him some and may serve him well in the future. We’ll see.

You read the New York Post don't ya?

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

Astros fans don’t like him, hard to blame them. That ball he hit off Lidge is still circling the globe in orbit probably. 

Meh, it’s more of a respect than hate, as he killed the Astros throughout his career (I mean, he pretty much killed everybody, but he played against the Astros soooooo much). It is kinda funny that he went to the angels and then the Astros moved to the AL West after being tormented by him for the previous decade in the NL Central.

Also, the Astros won that series when he hit that ball off Lidge. That was nothing compared to, say, the Howie Kendrick HR. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

As an fan, I don't like anyone my team is playing. But Pujols is easy to like when he's not trying to send my guys home.