2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 minute ago, pops said:

He's said over and over he's done. He just hit another. 8 away. 

Yeah... I know. He's posting his best OPS+ in 10 years though. Guess the odds he does it again next year are pretty low. 

Wonder if the HR derby gave him some confidence or put him in the right state of mind. 

13 minutes ago, pops said:

He's said over and over he's done. He just hit another. 8 away. 

Wife and I were just talking about it -- If he were an everyday player, I think he'd have a chance.  But given that he can't hit righties at all and Brad Lidge is retired, I don't see how he hits 8 more in 6 weeks. 

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Wife and I were just talking about it -- If he were an everyday player, I think he'd have a chance.  But given that he can't hit righties at all and Brad Lidge is retired, I don't see how he hits 8 more in 6 weeks. 

Yeah... unless they make a WS run which isn't going to happen I don't see him getting to 700. But if he could get 5 more and pass Arod that would be nice. 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Dude, worry about your team. 

There’s nothing to worry about with my team, they’re fucking horrible. About a third of Yankee Twitter is saying we should tank the rest of the season to get better draft positions. Hard to see the argument against that at this point, I assume the calls for that will grow. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

And in honor of the event, Judge just got his pussy hurt because he got plunked on his gigantic elbow guard.

Oh please. He got plunked and was frustrated for like 2 seconds about it. Waved everyone in the dugout back and seemed to squash it with Manoah immediately.