2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

7 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I couldn’t find the stats for 17+ strikeouts in a 9 inning game but only 16 pitchers in history have 18+. The Yankee record is 18 by Ron Guidry in 1978. 

I think the shocking thing is their record was John Smoltz with 15.

The Astros have had 11 games where a pitcher got 15 strikeouts in a 9 inning game.

JR Richard did it in his MLB debut and Nolan struck out 16 against the Giants in 8 innings when he was 40 among the notables.

16 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I think the shocking thing is their record was John Smoltz with 15.

The Astros have had 11 games where a pitcher got 15 strikeouts in a 9 inning game.

JR Richard did it in his MLB debut and Nolan struck out 16 against the Giants in 8 innings when he was 40 among the notables.

That’s because the Astros got to pitch against Braves hitters for ~25 years in the NL West while the Braves pitchers didn’t.

MLB Network dorks have ballpark cam at Angels stadium. The are discussing Judge/Ohtani MVP while some "BP" is going on. The dude batting is whiffing on BP pitches.

Amsinger is like "this is the worst BP i have ever seen.....oh wait i am being told this is the Anaheim Ducks"

Lmao

• Haha 2

Cleveland announced on Tuesday that No. 2 starter Zach Plesac suffered a non-displaced fracture in his right thumb. On Wednesday, the organization revealed that Plesac will avoid surgery, but that he'll still miss a significant chunk of time. According to Bell, Plesac won't begin a throwing program for at least three weeks. In other words, he's certain to be out for at least a month, and likely longer.

Cleveland manager Terry Francona told Bell that the fracture happened following Plesac's rough outing Sunday against the Twins. He allowed five runs (three earned) on five hits and issued a walk and one strikeout across 3 2/3 innings. Francona said that Plesac was "rather aggressively ripping off his shirt" and got his thumb hit hard on a chair by his locker in the clubhouse. That's incredibly unfortunate. 

Very last word could be many things besides unfortunate. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1