2022 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

Over a span of 30 days leading up to Saturday’s game, the Yankees hit .213/.289/.325, the worst offense in the American League in that span by wRC+, an adjusted offensive metric. The Yankees have dealt with injuries during that time but also underperformed relative to teams with far less baseline talent in their lineups, even relative to this diminished New York squad. Judge has made a valiant effort at keeping the team going through this slide, hitting .279/.446/.593 in that span. When Judge’s numbers are excluded from the team stats, the performance falls to a lowly .206/.268/.295 — team production at a level that would make it hard for any individual player to stick on a major-league roster.

TORBUSH.GIF

On 9/2/2022 at 11:37 PM, Beau Vine said:

Why is Dallas Keuchel still starting games in the majors?

Welp. Not anymore.

i hope he has a king and prosperous next phase of his career…selling beard care products

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34524007/texas-rangers-designate-dallas-keuchel-assignment-two-starts

There's a starting pitcher in the league who is riding a 41.1 inning scoreless streak (8th-longest in MLB history), but has gotten zero attention.  

Longer:

1988 Orel Hershiser: 59 IP

1968 Don Drysdale: 58 IP

1968 Bob Gibson: 47 IP

2015 Zack Greinke: 45 2/3 IP

1933 Carl Hubbell: 45 1/3 IP

1950 Sal Maglie: 45 IP

2007 Brandon Webb: 42 IP

Edited by Beau Vine

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

The Cubs aren't grooving anything to any Cardinals.

I don't think he intentionally grooved it.  I do think that Ross told him to challenge Pujols and to give him his best, and I think he definitely would have ordered an IBB if it had been Goldschmidt or Arenado batting.  And I think that's pretty cool.  

Judge has been unbelievable all year but his production during this rather extended Yankee period of mediocrity should put any thought of Ohtani over him for MVP to rest. He’s been the definition of a 1 man band. They would have already lost the division lead without him. 
Has anyone ever had a better walk year?

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Scraps said:

I am not sure why any team with playoff implications pitches to judge ever at this point.

If i were Rays or Twins it would already be known i am IBB Judge every AB no matter what.

The rest of the team sucks so they would have to beat me

Think About It GIF by Identity

baseball pride is a tall hill to climb for many in this game 

2 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Judge has been unbelievable all year but his production during this rather extended Yankee period of mediocrity should put any thought of Ohtani over him for MVP to rest. He’s been the definition of a 1 man band. They would have already lost the division lead without him. 
Has anyone ever had a better walk year?

It’s turned into Cashman & Hal’s worst nightmare. I don’t think they were expecting this kind of year at all or for him to be the only player to keep the team afloat. He’s also the only player the fans even like right now. They can’t justify lowballing him anymore. 

1 hour ago, GopherRock said:

In order to throw a CGS with 100 pitches or less, it's hard to have a lot of strikeouts.

Unless you’re Greg Maddux and practically every pitch was called a strike irregardless of its location. Probably deservedly so given his uncanny control. 

Edited by TonyTexas