NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

Klay used to be the case-study for a picture perfect jump shot. Everything perfectly aligned. Since he's been back, he has a very noticeable sideways drift on his jumper. Gotta think that's contributing to his huge peaks and valleys this year. If he doesn't figure something out, this isn't going to be the long series that everyone is expecting. 

• Haha 1

Definitely prefer this defensive strategy over Thursday's. Don't overcommit to Brown and Tatum, even when they have a small guard on them. Let them iso and take contested 3's. They'll make their fair share--and can even win games doing so--but can't let the role players get going with wide open looks.

I don't even know what to say about Draymond. I feel like he was completely out of control in the first half. He lived up to every stereotype I've ever read here or elsewhere about him. He was absolutely dirty. He should have been thrown out 3x. It's frustrating because he's such a gifted player and his team needs him. I'm like they don't need you to be an asshole guy, they need you to run the offense and be the head of the snake on D. But yet here we are and they going to run away with this game and it was a Draymond Game. He did set the tone, he got Boston frustrated, he put the officials in tough spots and ultimately that got into Boston's heads. Steph being Steph of course was a huge factor but I really feel like Draymond kinda willed this team to win by being an asshole tonight. I don't say that with pride, I think it's a little embarrassing. I've been watching the guy for 14 years or whatever but I think I can still call it like I see it. But I'm sure he'll take the W. 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I don't even know what to say about Draymond. I feel like he was completely out of control in the first half. He lived up to every stereotype I've ever read here or elsewhere about him. He was absolutely dirty. He should have been thrown out 3x. It's frustrating because he's such a gifted player and his team needs him. I'm like they don't need you to be an asshole guy, they need you to run the offense and be the head of the snake on D. But yet here we are and they going to run away with this game and it was a Draymond Game. He did set the tone, he got Boston frustrated, he put the officials in tough spots and ultimately that got into Boston's heads. Steph being Steph of course was a huge factor but I really feel like Draymond kinda willed this team to win by being an asshole tonight. I don't say that with pride, I think it's a little embarrassing. I've been watching the guy for 14 years or whatever but I think I can still call it like I see it. But I'm sure he'll take the W. 

I started a similar post, but you worded it much better than I ever could. This was a true Draymond Green Playoff Game, patent pending:

Token first tech that allows him to get away with even more talking than usual.

Should have picked up the 2nd and been ejected 3 times.

Out of control.

A handful of "what the fuck were you thinking?" plays.

Tried to dent the backboard with 3's.

But...

Absolutely fucking nails defensively. Just a beast.

Got in the opposition's head.

Willed the team through first half tightness.

Spearheaded (with Steph's help) the momentum shift.

Edited by aggie08
  • Like 1

Late start to the game, watching first period. Damn refs don’t make it so obvious. Shameful. Green should have had 4 fouls before the end of the first, and the tackle on Williams was a something special. For fuck sake 

*and fuck the Celtics 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

3 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

image.thumb.png.ee68c5450373b45e3b6df81e7b8d4dab.png

That needs to be a suspension. That's so much more dangerous than a punch.  White could have landed on his face. He could have damaged his face, hands, elbows, collar bone, neck\spine... that's seriously fucked up and super fucking dangerous. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RabidM said:

That needs to be a suspension. That's so much more dangerous than a punch.  White could have landed on his face. He could have damaged his face, hands, elbows, collar bone, neck\spine... that's seriously fucked up and super fucking dangerous. 

Okay, this slow-mo and freeze frame shit is getting out of hand. Everything always looks way worse in a snap shot vs. real-time. If someone jumps over your head, you're instinctively going to put your arms up as protection. They reviewed it and took away the tech because that was obvious. 

15 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Draymond straight up dares the refs to do something about his antics and they rarely do.

https://streamable.com/jxv3kq

The NBA absolutely should make this a point of emphasis next year: treating the 2nd tech the same as the first, even for star players. It's understandable that the NBA wants to keep players in the game, but there has to be a line somewhere.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Tell you what, Man... I disagreed with the Ref's saying this was just a player protecting themselves.

The problem was they had no way to prove otherwise.

It was most likely a dirty play.

Not 100% dirty, but dirty for an instance at the very least.

Could have easily been me.  Like, fuck this guy.. and then really quick, realize you're being an asshole, so you stop.

I had a good feeling GS would win game 2, but not by that much.

Jfc teams, have some pride. It was only a 2 pt game at half. I know game 1 took a miracle 4th for Boston to win and they don’t have the horses to run with GS. But damn. You got your home court. But scare GS a little in the second half

7 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

Damn they are in Draymond's head...

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdcm6u6o/?k=1

4 hours ago, RabidM said:

BREAKING THE CODE is only a thing when it hurts GS players sorry bud

Edited by Zeus
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

GSW drops his arm length by just a few inches and I say it's 100% an innocent thing.  

But this was over the line, IMO.

That right arm is 95% extended.

Watch the whole video, especially at about the 33 second mark. That still is misleading because it looks like he is grabbing his shorts/knee. If Poole grabs on there and hangs on, and pulls White down then I would agree that it's a dirty and reckless play. He didn't do that. He put his hand up which is a natural reaction to someone jumping over you and it slightly caught his shorts. But he never used any force to pull him down. Plus, Poole being on the ground was the result of contact from White on the layup.  So, I think it's a natural reaction to a guy who basically just leveled you to put your hand up as he's jumping over your head. This is a nothing burger.

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Watch the whole video, especially at about the 33 second mark. That still is misleading because it looks like he is grabbing his shorts/knee. If Poole grabs on there and hangs on, and pulls White down then I would agree that it's a dirty and reckless play. He didn't do that. He put his hand up which is a natural reaction to someone jumping over you and it slightly caught his shorts. But he never used any force to pull him down. Plus, Poole being on the ground was the result of contact from White on the layup.  So, I think it's a natural reaction to a guy who basically just leveled you to put your hand up as he's jumping over your head. This is a nothing burger.

Not sure how you can watch the video and conclude that Poole was trying to protect himself rather than impede White. I don't think it was an attempt to hurt White but he was definitely fouling. 

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Llogg said:

Not sure how you can watch the video and conclude that Poole was trying to protect himself rather than impede White. I don't think it was an attempt to hurt White but he was definitely fouling. 

I can buy that. He seems at first like he's trying to protect himself by raising his arms and then makes a half ass attempt to prevent him getting up court, but thought better of it at the last second. I have no problem if they called a foul on it, but no way is that any sort of flagrant.

Also a Warriors fan defense, look up a dirty player in an opposing teams history and use that player as a justification of why the Warriors player is defensible.

disclaimer: Kermit recognizes that this level of fan idiocy is not indicative of JUST Warriors fans and can be applied broadly across the sports spectrum. However because Kermit hates the Warriors he will act like he doesn’t understand that this happens with other fan bases and will argue appropriately.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kermit said:

Also a Warriors fan defense, look up a dirty player in an opposing teams history and use that player as a justification of why the Warriors player is defensible.

disclaimer: Kermit recognizes that this level of fan idiocy is not indicative of JUST Warriors fans and can be applied broadly across the sports spectrum. However because Kermit hates the Warriors he will act like he doesn’t understand that this happens with other fan bases and will argue appropriately.

A GSW player actually shoved a Mavericks player Bertans down on a 3, didn't get called for a foul then when he tried to leap over Bertans while he was getting up to get back on D he did a cartwheel and they gave a tech to Bertans lol. Similar situation sort of

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

A GSW player actually shoved a Mavericks player Bertans down on a 3, didn't get called for a foul then when he tried to leap over Bertans while he was getting up to get back on D he did a cartwheel and they gave a tech to Bertans lol. Similar situation sort of

Claiming that Bertans was getting back on defense is hurting the credibility of this story. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There is a science to what Draymond does, similar to what Rodman did about 30 years ago.

Notice that once the game became about Draymond's antics (and yes, he should have been tossed several times over) and the Celtics started responding to him and the game became all about him, that Curry and Poole got going?  He takes all of the pressure off the other players knowing that he can do anything he wants because the refs are scared of him.  Rodman did the same thing - limited athletically but a master in baiting the other team and turning the refs into eunuchs via intimidation.  Further, Green knows that in the playoffs refs aren't going to do shit.  Draymond did the same thing vs Memphis, getting kicked out in game 1 which bought him the rest of the series to be the dickhead we all know him to be.

Boston's challenge this series is similar to the Bulls' challenge back in the day - stay focused on the game and don't let the other teams' dirty play get to you.  and it will be on the Celtics to manage it because the refs might as well be cheering for GS.

• Hook 'Em 2

Hard disagree. Draymond was definitely limited athletically in college and his first few years in the league. He is a guy I point to as proof that you can improve your athleticism. He is much more explosive even now ten years in than he was during his first 2-3 years in the league. The insane wingspan helps but watch him explode off of a dho. He is not Oliver Miller. He can be explosive. I don't think the Rodman comparison is unfair or off base but I think both guys' athleticism is being a bit undersold here. Rodman was The Worm before he became a villain. His athleticism was the spark and the rallying cry of the early version of the Bad Boys. Worm and Spider. 

Draymond is limited athletically compared to LBJ and Ja. He's as good of an athlete as anyone else on that squad short of Kuminga and maybe GPII. It's actually pretty impressive how he has dialed in on training and nutrition to become a world class athlete in my humble opinion. 

15 hours ago, Llogg said:

Claiming that Bertans was getting back on defense is hurting the credibility of this story. 

Well I'm just saying he got a tech for getting up off the floor. Crazy. Players shouldn't jump over guys, but we've seen in that instance in the playoffs if a guy jumps over you and you trip him it's a tech. I can't understand how reaching out with your hands to trip him isn't a double tech. 

On 6/6/2022 at 10:55 PM, Baboontyme said:

Hard disagree. Draymond was definitely limited athletically in college and his first few years in the league. He is a guy I point to as proof that you can improve your athleticism. He is much more explosive even now ten years in than he was during his first 2-3 years in the league. The insane wingspan helps but watch him explode off of a dho. He is not Oliver Miller. He can be explosive. I don't think the Rodman comparison is unfair or off base but I think both guys' athleticism is being a bit undersold here. Rodman was The Worm before he became a villain. His athleticism was the spark and the rallying cry of the early version of the Bad Boys. Worm and Spider. 

Draymond is limited athletically compared to LBJ and Ja. He's as good of an athlete as anyone else on that squad short of Kuminga and maybe GPII. It's actually pretty impressive how he has dialed in on training and nutrition to become a world class athlete in my humble opinion. 

and Texas won the game 2009.  Draymond wasn't even the top 2 on the team.  Damion James led Texas that day. 

draymond-green-23jpg-ebb685131d2b2da4_large.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1