NBA Playoffs 2022

Vic Mackey

Easy game to flush if your GS -- ridiculous 4th quarter shooting for Celtics.  As easily as the Heat won 2 games in Boston, GS can win there too.

Looks like this could be a great series...

Edited by LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Easy game to flush if your GS -- ridiculous 4th quarter shooting for Celtics.  As easily as the Heat won 2 games in Boston, GS can win there too.

Looks like this could be a great series...

While I agree, putting yourself in "must win" position for a Game 2 isn't ideal. If it's close in the second half, I think tonight proved that all that experience doesn't make you immune to playing tight.

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

While I agree, putting yourself in "must win" position for a Game 2 isn't ideal. If it's close in the second half, I think tonight proved that all that experience doesn't make you immune to playing tight.

I think GS was overconfident due to their double digit lead going into the 4th quarter -- and then Boston got on a ridiculous "heater" shooting the ball and Gm 1 was over.  

GS will lock in defensively in Gm 2, and Boston won't shoot like they did tonight for the rest of the series.  Kerr and staff will make enough adjustments that this series should go back to Boston 1-1.  

This series should go 6 or 7 games.  

Edited by LTtxfan
typo

16 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I think GS was overconfident due to their double digit lead going into the 4th quarter -- and then Boston got on a ridiculous "heater" shooting the ball and Gm 1 was over.  

GS will lock in defensively in Gm 2, and Boston won't shoot like they did tonight for the rest of the series.  Kerr and staff will make enough adjustments that this series should go back to Boston 1-1.  

This series should go 6 or 7 games.  

Good take, but Tatum won't be as cold as he was tonight for all games. 

Fun to watch for sure. I hope it goes 6 with the Celtics winning. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I know this is an epic game but are we just going to ignore the fact that Steve Kerr named his kid Nick? Am I the last person to find this out?

Lmao is he Brick from anchorman?

Draymond is insane he said they dominated the first 43 mins of the game. They were down at half though lol 

Screenshot_20220602-232239.png

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

relatively speaking, lots of guys who've played pro football or basketball have fingers that they've f'd off permanently. have you seen MJ's hands recently? or Torry Holt? 

Booger McFarland all time great charlie strong tier fingers

booger-mcfarland-fingers.jpg

The crowd seemed super lame tonight. I know they’re half dweebs from Silicon Valley who have no idea who Troy Murphy is, but geez. If Steph isn’t pulling some trick from his hat, they seem pretty lethargic for a finals game. Coulda been how the TV had them micd too, but yea, nothing like oracle.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

relatively speaking, lots of guys who've played pro football or basketball have fingers that they've f'd off permanently. have you seen MJ's hands recently? or Torry Holt? 

I’ve only played hs basketball and I have a crooked finger.  Open dislocation.  It happens.  Roger Staubach is the ultimate example of this.  His finger takes a 90 degree right turn at the second knuckle.

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

Please, for the love of god, do not make this the let's all post pictures of disgusting fingers thread.

I think I have a copy of the xrays laying around somewhere.  I’ll not post them.  Partly because I’m lazy, and don’t feel like digging them up, and partly because I don’t want to offend your sensibilities.  I was a senior in high school and my mother passed out when she saw the state of my finger.

39 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Wasn't there a rumor about 20 years ago, of a football player who had one of his fingers cut off rather than go for surgery..... which would have allowed him to play quicker than a surgery?
Or was that some random football movie I'm thinking of?
I swear I heard it, I just can't remember if it was fiction or non-fiction.

1 minute ago, ATXbronco said:

Wasn't there a rumor about 20 years ago, of a football player who had one of his fingers cut off rather than go for surgery..... which would have allowed him to play quicker than a surgery?
Or was that some random football movie I'm thinking of?
I swear I heard it, I just can't remember if it was fiction or non-fiction.

Ronnie Lott

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, conVINCEd said:

I think I have a copy of the xrays laying around somewhere.  I’ll not post them.  Partly because I’m lazy, and don’t feel like digging them up, and partly because I don’t want to offend your sensibilities.  I was a senior in high school and my mother passed out when she saw the state of my finger.

Find it.

attention-curiosity.gif.e937b17352a555c9d01d64fa755a7ce0.gif

Fantastic comeback though the celtics aren't going to be able to replicate that shooting performance.  Still, Tatum should have better shooting nights and you have to love the younger, less experienced team stealing the momentum.   They also didn't get phased by the 3rd quarter barrage like they did against the Heat.  Those 7 game series have helped give them some experience.  I still expect that GS will win the series but as a Boston fan (#2 team after the Spurs), I've got my fingers crossed that they can win 2 out of the next 3 and take a big enough lead to hold on for a series win. 

It is kinda ridiculous that GS has a #1 pick that is a role player in Wiggins and a #2 pick (Wiseman) who was shut down and they just put in a better player in Mooney.  They are so stacked with talent it's not even funny.  

Edited by Acropora

13 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Draymond and Klay looked old and washed up last night.  Big 2 way wings like Tatum and Brown is such an advantage.

GS is in trouble.  

The officials also called fouls on GS off ball when they set moving screens or held guys to prevent them from rotating on defense. If that keeps up they are in deep deep shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

It is kinda ridiculous that GS has a #1 pick that is a role player in Wiggins and a #2 pick (Wiseman) who was shut down and they just put in a better player in Mooney.  They are so stacked with talent it's not even funny.  

Don't forget about Kuminga, who is still just 19.  The Warriors have a great young core that they can take their time developing:

• Kuminga - 19
  • Moody - 19
  • Wiseman - 21
  • Poole - 22

11 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

The crowd seemed super lame tonight. I know they’re half dweebs from Silicon Valley who have no idea who Troy Murphy is, but geez. If Steph isn’t pulling some trick from his hat, they seem pretty lethargic for a finals game. Coulda been how the TV had them micd too, but yea, nothing like oracle.

A buddy of mine, who was born and raised in SF, was there and said the crowd was very SF blah and that they need the Oakland crowd on Sunday.

Unfortunately for the Warriors, the Oakland crowd will be watching the game on TV. 

I’ll be at game 2 wearing my Celtics shit. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, HornPhD said:

A buddy of mine, who was born and raised in SF, was there and said the crowd was very SF blah and that they need the Oakland crowd on Sunday.

Unfortunately for the Warriors, the Oakland crowd will be watching the game on TV. 

I’ll be at game 2 wearing my Celtics shit. 

They need that 2007 We Believe crowd. That was before the vast amount of bandwagoners joined and took over. And before the San Fran crowd priced out the Oakland crowd. That atmosphere was electric when they kicked Dallas ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

Celtics were “open” or “wide open” on 38/41 three pointers

15 of those were “open”, meaning 4-6 feet from the nearest defender

23 were “wide open”, meaning 6+ feet from the nearest defender

That's pretty terrible perimeter defense by the Warriors. You can't hope they miss a lot from deep, this is the Finals. I doubt Boston has THAT good of a shooting night again, but you gotta think they will be at 40% or better if they are left open that much.  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

That's pretty terrible perimeter defense by the Warriors. You can't hope they miss a lot from deep, this is the Finals. I doubt Boston has THAT good of a shooting night again, but you gotta think they will be at 40% or better if they are left open that much.  

Yeah... their defense at the three point line was pretty awful, but that shooting barrage from Boston isn't replicable. I don't care how open they are. Derrick White had all of those open looks in the first two rounds and couldn't hit any of them. He couldn't hit them with the Spurs. His getting hot at the right time is extremely fortuitous. You would think he's in a contract year. It sort of reminds me when Fred Van Vleet went off in the playoffs right after having his kid. Maybe there's something transformative about sleep deprivation relating to jump shooting? 

There's always a lot of game 1 over reaction. The truth is that each game is really it's own distinct thing that unfolds differently. And that was a really weird one last night. I think the Warriors took their foot off the gas after the third period and then couldn't wrest momentum back. They thought the game was over and that Boston would fold. Then Brown hit a few shots and shit got out of control.  The thing about the Warriors is that they've always been prone to streaky play, both spectacular and craptacular. It goes without saying that they're fucked if they lose Game 2. I still like them in the series. The Celtics are just as prone to dropping a giant deuce at center court in any of these games.

1 hour ago, Dutchrudder said:

according to draymond they dominated the first 43 mins and those guys suck at shooting, they just lucked into hitting 15 threes on 23 shots. Those guys eh???

22 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Please, for the love of god, do not make this the let's all post pictures of disgusting fingers thread.

No, you're right. We'll stop posting pictures of disgusting hands/feet. Here's a little something to make you feel better. Although it could be slightly NSFW depending on how close to College Station you are.

Spoiler

Lamb's feet Free Stock Photo | FreeImages

Edited by HornOnTheBayou