Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

Just now, BachelorTrek said:

And only 14 teams for baseball since IA St. and CU don't play baseball.

That'll be a weird yearly conference baseball schedule to work out, and add to that the BYU series must start on Thursday since they won't play games on Sundays.

Saturday double-headers

They will get tired of them

And they will like it until they relent on the Sunday thing

10 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

neyland gets to 102k going full aggy

no way a sane fire marshal would let more than 80k in that place

Pretty sure one of their expansions back when they were going back and forth with Michigan was just to paint the numbers closer.

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:
6 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

And only 14 teams for baseball since IA St. and CU don't play baseball.

That'll be a weird yearly conference baseball schedule to work out, and add to that the BYU series must start on Thursday since they won't play games on Sundays.

Saturday double-headers

They will get tired of them

And they will like it until they relent on the Sunday thing

SEC does several Thursday-Saturday weekends in conference play in Baseball.

I actually kinda like it.

If I’m Sanford and CalI’m getting with the Ivy League, and some HBCUs  - and forming the Big FU - rule up some stupid rich alumni pool money - and forming a league that takes only portals and non qualifiers - and pays them a shit pile of “NIL” money and run a train on all of this bullshit . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I hope the ACC keeps it together I don’t know why anyone wants 20 plus teams in the SEC.   Hopefully the madness stop at the implosion of the the PAC 12.  I’m not sure we get a set rotating schedule in the SEC after next year even.   Sankey will do everything he can to keep picking and choosing the schedule to benefit teams as long as he can just watch.  

The ACC is next and it will be the SEC and B1G doing the carving.

The Big 12 expansion is great for them. They survive.

I don’t necessarily like it but the future is a very NFL like structure between the SEC and B1G with a couple TV networks paying out the ass for it.
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

UA has a quality basketball program. Yormark has a long term strategy of getting a separate basketball contract from football.

If Yormark is able to separate TV contracts for football and basketball, and get a serious package for basketball (lets face it, the Big 12 will be head and shoulders better basketball wise than every other conference), and a respectable package for football, then he's a goddamned genius.

• Hook 'Em 5

So what now?  Feels like Big Ten could add Florida State alone or possibly try and make a play at Notre Dame and Florida State with Cal and Stanford as back-up plans.  And how long do Cal and/or Stanford wait and do they have any options other than waiting on The Big Ten, joining The Big 12, or going independent?

Edited by Steelers Roll Left

24 minutes ago, Farmerted said:

If I’m Sanford and CalI’m getting with the Ivy League, and some HBCUs  - and forming the Big FU - rule up some stupid rich alumni pool money - and forming a league that takes only portals and non qualifiers - and pays them a shit pile of “NIL” money and run a train on all of this bullshit . 

Cal is broke af

At this point I genuinely want to be named Pac-4 commissioner. What a fucking clown show. As a human being who can breathe, walk, and chew gum at the same time I would be better than Kliavkoff. Seriously, somebody out west contact the 4 remaining university presidents and tell them Huckleberry from the internet is willing to take the job. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

If Yormark is able to separate TV contracts for football and basketball, and get a serious package for basketball (lets face it, the Big 12 will be head and shoulders better basketball wise than every other conference), and a respectable package for football, then he's a goddamned genius.

Yeah. I have no idea if it will work or not, but at least it's a plan that makes sense.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

At this point I genuinely want to be named Pac-4 commissioner. What a fucking clown show. As a human being who can breathe, walk, and chew gum at the same time I would be better than Kliavkoff. Seriously, somebody out west contact the 4 remaining university presidents and tell them Huckleberry from the internet is willing to take the job. 

And you can haz an Archer AI be your manservant.  Lulz.

7 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

Cal is broke af

Is true, Mountain West or independent is not feasible.  It’s Big10 at an even smaller number than UO and UW got, ACC wanting a west coast presence with non revenue sports being regional only… or they fold it up and dump $400m of debt on the UC regents.  Stanford is so far staying aligned with Cal apparently.