Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Stehle hasn't thrown. Southard can go again. So can LBJ. Olivarez didn't throw that many pitches today. Stevens probably can go an inning at least. 

I think we're in better shape. 

Just announced pitcher tomorrow for Texas...

Johnny Wholestaff

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Stehle hasn't thrown. Southard can go again. So can LBJ. Olivarez didn't throw that many pitches today. Stevens probably can go an inning at least. 

I think we're in better shape. 

Tomorrow is going to be Johnny Alstaff but we have had two really good pitching outtings with just the bullpen guys against Oklahoma State and Air Force so maybe we get one more.

They can't send Spivey out there for a third straight day can they? Not that we have had that much trouble with him, he still is theoretically a great college pitcher.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

They can't send Spivey out there for a third straight day can they? Not that we have had that much trouble with him, he still is theoretically a great college pitcher.

Desperate men do desperate things

Edited by Surly Bevo

4 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Uh…

math is hard…

The effort was there…😁

Technically you were correct.  We have been to the CWS 37 times.  We have been to Omaha 36 times.  The first time, the CWS was in Wichita.   I'm sure that's what you were thinking.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, brojangles2 said:

It was great to guys like DC and Hodo pick up other spots in the li who today like Ivan and Murph. It would be fucking great if Trey EVER woke up. 

Trey had a huge hit in this game.

Silas though...at least he is a great catcher.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

If the cops randomly asked fans at the stadium their names, I bet it would clear up a bunch of child support warrants.

What's the o/u on liquor fueled boating accidents that the fans in the jungle have been a part of?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Trey also hasn't had any WTF moments in the field this weekend. 

He's a streaky hitter. I'll take him getting hot in Omaha if we get there.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Yeah, Silas scuffling.  But he did have the good eye in the 9th to get the walk, which ramped up the pressure on their pitcher even higher.  Hope he battles out of his rut tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

On vacation and I've only seen some clips. Did Hansen and Gordon pitch that badly, or is directional Carolina just that strong at the plate?

ECU is a great hitting club and it is a tiny hitters park. Hence why we have hit 7 homers in two games there.

Both didn't pitch that great though. Walked some people.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Redneck Mutha said:

Yeah, Silas scuffling.  But he did have the good eye in the 9th to get the walk, which ramped up the pressure on their pitcher even higher.  Hope he battles out of his rut tomorrow.

It’s what he does. Goes up wanting to work the count with a homer every 8 games or so. He’s due for a bomb tomorrow 

3 minutes ago, zlavydra said:

On vacation and I've only seen some clips. Did Hansen and Gordon pitch that badly, or is directional Carolina just that strong at the plate?

Hansen got squeezed, rattled, and maybe the worst outing of his career ensued. Lucas was fine. There have been some fucked up bounces and wildly unnecessary errors at awful times. 

• Hook 'Em 1