Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

4 hours ago, Redneck Mutha said:

Now imagine a team that has been to the CWS 0 times. 

And then laugh at that fanbase.

Or a team that claims to be a baseball blue blood…that only has 2 CWS wins in their “storied” history. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Hard to keep the scoring down in that fucking softball stadium.

It bit them in the ass today. Hate to see it. 

This Texas team is ironically suited for a small park like this. Although we did go 4-2 in MLB parks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

David Pierce said everyone is available tomorrow. 

*Hansen only threw 88 pitches on Friday. He will get at least one inning late in the game if needed.

*Harrison has pitched in both games but has only thrown 18 pitches. Stevens has pitched in both games but has only thrown 23 pitches. These two can throw a lot more. 

*Olivarez threw 37 pitches today so he can give Texas a couple more innings. 

Texas needs 4 to 6 innings out of those pitchers tomorrow and I can see that happening. Then they need Cobb, Stehle, Southard, and other guys to step up. 

45 minutes ago, Escapedgoat said:

I hope ECU comes out flat and gets rolled up early. I hope Texas leaves them there waiting and adding another year to their drought of not being in Omaha. I think I’ll throw up if I end up seeing this fan base of rude hayseeds there along with Aggy. 

That would possibly be the end of the CWS in Omaha

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bevo&Pevo said:

I had the game on since the start.  Wow, man the emotional swings with the ball play momentum was crazy.  I kinda felt like the maybe the camera crew was "coaching" up the fans for the horns down sign.  It seemed like each time they cut to the crowd that was the predominant thing I noticed (esp. with the younger fans). Anyhoo, we won fair and square and fuck those assholes.  See ya'll tmrw.  We need all hands on deck.

TEXAS!

FIGHT!

51 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Or a team that claims to be a baseball blue blood…that only has 2 CWS wins in their “storied” history. 

Pity the fool who listens to anything thos dumbasses say on the subject of college baseball.

Or pretty much any other topic, come to think of it.

48 minutes ago, ztejas said:

It bit them in the ass today. Hate to see it. 

This Texas team is ironically suited for a small park like this. Although we did go 4-2 in MLB parks. 

Que? 

We played 3 at MM and something like 8 in Arlington.

19 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

*Hansen only threw 88 pitches on Friday. He will get at least one inning late in the game if needed.

*Harrison has pitched in both games but has only thrown 18 pitches. Stevens has pitched in both games but has only thrown 23 pitches. These two can throw a lot more. 

Texas needs 4 to 6 innings out of those pitchers tomorrow and I can see that happening. Then they need Cobb, Stehle, Southard, and other guys to step up. 

Hansen and Olivarez should probably be absolute last resorts. It’s just hard to get the same go and same precision on a tired arm.

• Hook 'Em 1

Any suggestions for bars to watch the game tomorrow? We tried crown & anchor and haymaker for big 12 final, but both only had the game on on one tv and neither had sound ( although maybe that’s a plus given the announcers today?)

2 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Pity the fool who listens to anything thos dumbasses say on the subject of college baseball.

Que? 

2-1 at the Shriners in the juice box.

2-1 against OU

3-2 in Big 12 Tourney

6 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Que? 

Correct you are. I was just thinking of the regular season games. 

Edited by ztejas

2 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I am starting to embrace the horns down foolishness by shitty teams and their fans.  They see us as 70's Oakland Raider bad asses.  Embrace their hate and make them hang their heads and quietly shuffle out of the ballpark tomorrow after the ass beating we give them.  

image.png.3d3372c9b0ca5c42686f76b42e501023.png

Edited by Herpa Derpa
  • Hook 'Em 3

Any suggestions for bars to watch the game tomorrow? We tried crown & anchor and haymaker for big 12 final, but both only had the game on on one tv and neither had sound ( although maybe that’s a plus given the announcers today?)

Posse East each and every time my dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

I am starting to embrace the horns down foolishness by shitty teams and their fans.  They see us as 70's Oakland Raider bad asses.  Embrace their hate and make them hang their heads and quietly shuffle out of the ballpark tomorrow after the ass beating we give them.  

I understand the sentiment, but horns down will always piss me off

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, justhookit said:

Horns down bothers y’all? Grow a pair.

It's more amusing than anything when it comes from fans like ECU. 

As lemon said above, the Horns down doesn't even have meaning now because everyone does it. At least when aggys and sooner fans did it there was some real hatred behind it. It's become a cult like phenomenon where everyone does it with no connection to Texas. 

I always embraced the Horns down as something rivals did because they didn't like Texas. It's comical when ECU fans do it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, justhookit said:

Horns down bothers y’all? Grow a pair.

Yeah & like we were saying before, just start throwing Horns in every possible direction. Up, down, sideways, backwards, in an "up yours" motion, or whatever. Eventually nobody else will want to do it. In the meantime, crying about the Horns down just ensures we'll get to see more and more of it.

4 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

We took the lead after 3 hours of play… I’m sure we said some shyt to shyt talking fans 

Yeah that's pretty much what I figgered. If true, it's bullshit, b/c you just know those Pirates were heaping shit on them all of the last 2 days.

Just now, wood said:

Yeah & like we were saying before, just start throwing Horns in every possible direction. Up, down, sideways, backwards, in an "up yours" motion, or whatever. Eventually nobody else will want to do it. In the meantime, crying about the Horns down just ensures we'll get to see more and more of it.

Texas is going to see it regardless. 

Do you think ECU fans are scrolling Texas boards to see how Texas fans react? They do Horns down because everyone does it. I take it as compliment. These ECU hillbillies have no connection or hatred towards Texas and somehow they think it's the cool thing to do. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Texas is going to see it regardless. 

Do you think ECU fans are scrolling Texas boards to see how Texas fans react? They do Horns down because everyone does it. I take it as compliment. These ECU hillbillies have no connection or hatred towards Texas and somehow they think it's the cool thing to do. 

No, probably not, and I actually take it the same way as you - as a backhanded compliment, but like the other poster said about when our guys did the Horns down right back to Arkie fans, it took all the fun out of it for them. Do that often enough, long enough, and it'll quietly disappear eventually imho. I also feel like we're gonna be seeing it at least for a while, so it's probably a lot better for us if we don't let it eat us up.

Edited by wood

52 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

34b4883385edc941a27f414e3b8883ed7d565250

"Embrace The Hate"  🤘

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Piss off. It doesn't bother you? Fine, good for you.

Personally, I don't like someone giving me the middle finger and the Horns down is absolutely the equivalent. 

People give you the finger because you're a dick.  People do the horns down because UT is more successful.  Those things are not equivalent.

19 minutes ago, wood said:

Who’s crying about it? I’m not even complaining about it. I just don’t like it. 

26 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Piss off. It doesn't bother you? Fine, good for you.

Personally, I don't like someone giving me the middle finger and the Horns down is absolutely the equivalent. 

It’s the same as OU sucks, poor aggy, etc. god we have a bunch of pussies.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Southard giving us quality relief would be massive. If Dre can come in and give us a solid outing after the year he’s had then Southard needs to do the same tomorrow.