Greenville Super Regional: Texas @ East Carolina

Horny Bull

28 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Re: Daly stating two days ago; They don’t seem to like to play Kennedy against lefties. Not sure what his splits are but I’m gonna assume there is a reason behind it.

Nvm - wasn't thinking. 

Edited by ztejas

46 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

He went out of his way to explain why ECU didn’t just have a walk off home run in the top of the ninth, even though they’re playing a home.

Since Texas was designated the home team, the Longhorns actually batted in the bottom of the inning. Surly posters, in the politest way possible, pointed out that it also wasn’t a walk off home run because it led to a tie score, not a lead. 

I'm also pretty sure, after we got the last out in Top 9, he says something to the effect of "and we WILL have a bottom of the 9th".

46 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

He went out of his way to explain why ECU didn’t just have a walk off home run in the top of the ninth, even though they’re playing a home.

Since Texas was designated the home team, the Longhorns actually batted in the bottom of the inning. Surly posters, in the politest way possible, pointed out that it also wasn’t a walk off home run because it led to a tie score, not a lead. 

I'm also pretty sure, after we got the last out in Top 9, he says something to the effect of "and we WILL have a bottom of the 9th".

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Also from that poster

Who gives a shit. We do what we do, they do what they do. Just win and it all takes care of itself. 

For some reason I always think that weather delays benefit the other guy. No matter the sport, no matter the circumstances. 

1 minute ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Who gives a shit. We do what we do, they do what they do. Just win and it all takes care of itself. 

For some reason I always think that weather delays benefit the other guy. No matter the sport, no matter the circumstances. 

I remember one against k state and one against tcu that seemed to benefit us. Tight games became laughers. 

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I hope that guy burns in hell for eternity 

Is it culty to sing the school song at a sporting event? I thought that is what you do at school sporting events.

But maybe those civilized cultural norms are weird and strange in the darkest forests of North Carolina.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Is it culty to sing the school song at a sporting event? I thought that is what you do at school sporting events.

But maybe those civilized cultural norms are weird and strange in the darkest forests of North Carolina.

Apparently he isn't familiar with the concept of an alma mater. 

It’s the response from a fan of a school with no traditions or history. The Eyes means something because they have bookended some of the most historic sporting events in college sports history. Can’t expect someone from ECU to understand that.