The destruction of America's public education system

Captainant

Well lookie there

Fuck this ditch pig. She has no place in education. Every word of that curriculum was available to the public before she thought about running for office. For me, it's not about a mistaken person learning her errors... it's about an incompetent person refusing to do the work to inform herself.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I call bullshit. These charter schools receive public funds so they should be subject to the Public Information Act. Even the ones in Colorado if part of the Texas chain of schools. Keep digging. Even as shady as his explanation is, it's probably false and Texas dollars are flowing to those schools themselves and directed to the "administration" (i.e., the pockets of Miles and whoever he decides). Cool fact is, the PIA is administered by .... Paxton's office.  

Miles is a criminal and it would be nice to see our justice department investigate him for being one. @YGIFS get out your Batphone and make some fun calls to Miles office and then to some people that can ruin him professional and financially for this. 

25 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

Miles is a criminal and it would be nice to see our justice department investigate him for being one. @YGIFS get out your Batphone and make some fun calls to Miles office and then to some people that can ruin him professional and financially for this. 

Um, this is Texas and Miles is a Republican soooooo ...

See Ken Paxton for an example..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Hot Wheels: "It's not my fault schools are fucked. Schools fucked themselves."
https://www.chron.com/news/article/greg-abbott-schools-budget-hisd-19454906.php

When you have 5 school districts that can't pay the bills... it means you got 5 poorly run districts. When 80%* of your school districts can't pay the bills... it means you got a poorly run state.

*80% was the number of districts with significant budget short falls. It was shared at a staff meeting.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I've looked at the agenda for the May 6th meeting.  https://meetings.boardbook.org/Public/Agenda/668?meeting=634325

I would agree that nothing on there would put the public on notice that they were considering this action (there's this item: "7.B. The Board will consider approving the district instructional material recommendations for the 2024-2025 school year," but that does not put anyone on notice that the board might be modifying or setting new material policies at the meeting.  It does not pass the Texas Open Meetings Act standard.).

Sec. 551.041. NOTICE OF MEETING REQUIRED. A governmental body shall give written notice of the date, hour, place, and subject of each meeting held by the governmental body.

And from the Texas AG's open meetings handbook:

B. Sufficiency The notice must be sufficient to apprise the general public of the subjects to be considered during the meeting.

That's a legal test, depends on the verbiage, but looks like the public has a pretty good argument that no notice was given of that contemplated action.  The action of the board taken in violation of the law is voidable:

Section 551.142 of the Act provides as follows: (a) An interested person, including a member of the news media, may bring an action by mandamus or injunction to stop, prevent, or reverse a violation or threatened violation of this chapter by members of a governmental body. (b) The court may assess costs of litigation and reasonable attorney fees incurred by a plaintiff or defendant who substantially prevails in an action under Subsection (a). In exercising its discretion, the court shall consider whether the action was brought in good faith and whether the conduct of the governmental body had a reasonable basis in law.

Thanks for the insight, I wasn't aware of that rule. I'm in a couple local groups that are trying to organize to combat this kind of stuff, but it's in the infant stages. I can raise the issue and see what they say, but we would likely need a legal organization to help litigate these types of issues. Do you have any suggestions on who to contact? Is there an ACLU type org that would help?

Honestly, I have no idea how to proceed with this stuff, it's all new to me. Any guidance is much appreciated.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We like to think that shady dealings and unethical behavior is in Congress. Nah. The worst of the worst are with politicians who only need a few hundred or a few thousand to win their seat. I can’t imagine that any govt level breaks more rules and laws than school boards. They often have the least amount of media coverage as well to keep them somewhat honest.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Thanks for the insight, I wasn't aware of that rule. I'm in a couple local groups that are trying to organize to combat this kind of stuff, but it's in the infant stages. I can raise the issue and see what they say, but we would likely need a legal organization to help litigate these types of issues. Do you have any suggestions on who to contact? Is there an ACLU type org that would help?

Honestly, I have no idea how to proceed with this stuff, it's all new to me. Any guidance is much appreciated.

I would say start with creating a Facebook group, but only if you have a burner account.  And you will be infiltrated by the religious nuts, so just build that into the equation.

You could also build up an email list of parents you directly know/trust as well.

It's not hard to do in this day and age, but the fucking nutters are going to fight you.

Edit: During COVID, we had people calling into Austin ISD school board meetings and reading from the same fucking script, and calling it "ASID" (which meant they probably weren't even from Texas).

Edited by atomheartbevo

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

The polio vaccine is fake news now?  Fucking morons.

There's no help for these people.  I have anti-vaxxers among friends/family who actually knew a friend's parents, one of whom had polio as a kid, and had to wear braces on her legs her whole life, and is now in a wheel chair, and they still deny that vaccines are helpful.  Pointing it out to them doesn't matter, they pull the "well humanity made it through polio without the so-called vaccines just fine".

1 hour ago, tchookem said:

Fuck this ditch pig. She has no place in education. Every word of that curriculum was available to the public before she thought about running for office. For me, it's not about a mistaken person learning her errors... it's about an incompetent person refusing to do the work to inform herself.

None of these people like to do the research, even though it's easy as hell to do.  Doesn't matter whether it's bullshit school conspiracy theories like that lady believed, or the earth is flat or Apollo 11 was staged.  If some libtard claims something, they automatically take a stance against it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The hits keep coming. Cy-Fair, Texas' 3rd largest school district just banned teachers from teaching that vaccines have saved lives from smallpox, polio and COVID. Climate change is forbidden to be spoken.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/tomlinson/article/school-board-christian-nationalist-purge-19450783.php

How I think of myself in Texas.

• Rage+1 8

None of these people like to do the research, even though it's easy as hell to do.  Doesn't matter whether it's bullshit school conspiracy theories like that lady believed, or the earth is flat or Apollo 11 was staged.  If some libtard claims something, they automatically take a stance against it.
That's one of the main things that led to my political shift. Republicans want the title, or they want the credit, but they don't want to do the work. Implementing policy is difficult. I may not have liked Obamacare, but at least the Dems in his administration were willing and earnest about doing the work. With Republicans it's either a gift for an easy cash grab or a half-assed product based on ill-conceived policy and conspiracy theories.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I just learned that in my hometown, Big Spring, there's a group pushing to establish a charter school for junior high and high school students. Man, the school district there is getting hollowed out.

Already, a large share of students transfer to two districts anchored in tiny towns just outside Big Spring. From my understanding, about 15% of the student population transfers out, which translates into the high school dropping from 1,300 students to 1,100. This is all white flight shit that started back in the 1990s.

The group behind this proposed charter school presented its plans to the TEA last week. They stated their goal would be about 50 kids from each grade, which would mean another 200 kids lost from the high school. The address for their proposed charter school is at a church literally two blocks from the high school.

So, the high school would be then down to 900, having lost 30% of its students. I can't imagine how many millions in education dollars are being stripped away from the remaining students who are likely the most in need of education spending while they'll be stuck attending classes in a 70-year-old high school that desperately needs to be replaced.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Wait, what the fuck did I miss?  Who the fuck is Miles?  And they can't teach about how we nearly eradicated polio?  

What in the fucking fuck? Polio?  I get the Covid vaccine thing.  I don't agree, but yeah it was done rather quickly and there are obviously some side-effects.  But fucking polio?  What in the hell is happening?  Even the leftover Nazis were like, "Yeah, that Salk Jew Doctor is a pretty good guy actually."  But not in Texas?  What the fuck anymore?  

I just learned that in my hometown, Big Spring, there's a group pushing to establish a charter school for junior high and high school students. Man, the school district there is getting hollowed out.
Already, a large share of students transfer to two districts anchored in tiny towns just outside Big Spring. From my understanding, about 15% of the student population transfers out, which translates into the high school dropping from 1,300 students to 1,100. This is all white flight shit that started back in the 1990s.
The group behind this proposed charter school presented its plans to the TEA last week. They stated their goal would be about 50 kids from each grade, which would mean another 200 kids lost from the high school. The address for their proposed charter school is at a church literally two blocks from the high school.
So, the high school would be then down to 900, having lost 30% of its students. I can't imagine how many millions in education dollars are being stripped away from the remaining students who are likely the most in need of education spending while they'll be stuck attending classes in a 70-year-old high school that desperately needs to be replaced.
I have yet to hear someone explain how vouchers help public education. The governor is the caretaker of public education. It's a temporary gig for a permanent position. Public education will continue regardless of the individual who occupies the office. The pendulum will swing, and eventuallyTexas will do right by public education. What I don't understand is why a governor wouldn't want to be THE public education governor. Oh yeah, because solving problems is hard, and Greg Abbott doesn't do hard (at least not since the tree fell on him).

1 hour ago, tchookem said:

I have yet to hear someone explain how vouchers help public education. The governor is the caretaker of public education. It's a temporary gig for a permanent position.

The governor is getting millions in donations from a Pennsylvania billionaire to push vouchers.  I have yet to hear someone explain why a Pennsylvania billionaire should have a say in the education of Texas kids, because Hot Wheels is keeping that info to himself.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Bill Aleshire handles cases like this in Central Texas, and he knows his stuff. If he isn’t the guy to handle it, he’ll know someone in the Houston area who will.

https://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Find_A_Lawyer&template=/Customsource/MemberDirectory/MemberDirectoryDetail.cfm&ContactID=206160

If that doesn’t work, google him. Seriously, start with him.
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Wait, what the fuck did I miss?  Who the fuck is Miles?  And they can't teach about how we nearly eradicated polio?  

What in the fucking fuck? Polio?  I get the Covid vaccine thing.  I don't agree, but yeah it was done rather quickly and there are obviously some side-effects.  But fucking polio?  What in the hell is happening?  Even the leftover Nazis were like, "Yeah, that Salk Jew Doctor is a pretty good guy actually."  But not in Texas?  What the fuck anymore?  

Mike Miles. You want to brush up on this comic book villain. Currently in charge of HISD, but also a guy who has charter schools in Texas and Colorado. Transferring a few million from his Texas schools to ones in Colorado that are in serious debt. In effect he is taking Texas taxpayer money to pay off Colorado school debts. He also ran DISD for three years and managed to wind up being universally hated before leaving the district. 

8 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

Mike Miles. You want to brush up on this comic book villain. Currently in charge of HISD, but also a guy who has charter schools in Texas and Colorado. Transferring a few million from his Texas schools to ones in Colorado that are in serious debt. In effect he is taking Texas taxpayer money to pay off Colorado school debts. He also ran DISD for three years and managed to wind up being universally hated before leaving the district. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2024/05/14/hisd-mike-miles-tea-investigation/

Posted (edited)

Miles has also been forcing principals to resign in HISD for no reason. A couple had recently won principal of the year and no reason was given.

Edited by kevwun

6 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Oh FFS. Is there any entity with jurisdiction to investigate this other than the fucking TEA, or Paxton?? We are a full-blown kleptocracy of the right with this shit. 

And Mike Miles -- ew I've seen better heads on boils. YIKES 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Oh FFS. Is there any entity with jurisdiction to investigate this other than the fucking TEA, or Paxton?? We are a full-blown kleptocracy of the right with this shit. 

And Mike Miles -- ew I've seen better heads on boils. YIKES 

https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2024/05/16/grave-concerns-rep-sylvia-garcia-calls-for-federal-audit-into-houston-isd-sup-mike-miles-colorado-school/

HOUSTON – The fight against Houston Independent School District superintendent Mike Miles continues and now, Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia has entered the ring by calling for a federal audit into a previous school he worked at.

In a letter addressed to U.S. Department of Education Secretary Miguel Cardona, Garcia cites she has “grave concerns” over how educational dollars were being utilized in the district.

“With the undemocratic takeover HISD by the State of Texas, I have grave concerns about the financial wellbeing of the district,” Congresswoman Garcia wrote.

The congresswoman’s letter is the latest callout after a report by Spectrum News that resulted in calls for a federal investigation by the Houston Teachers Federation, a coalition group of parents, teachers, and students, and Harris County Commissioner Rodney Ellis.

Spectrum also reported that Miles received $40,000 last year consulting for Third Future Schools, which was dealing with deep financial setbacks leading to the closure of a Colorado school and $5 million in unpaid debt.

Before this news came to light, Miles was facing serious backlash from parents and teachers after widespread job cuts to close a $450 million budget gap. This latest development is also on the heels of an increasing number of teachers and principals finding out they will not be asked back next year, sparking wide protests that have also gotten Congresswoman Garcia’s attention.

“Widespread layoffs have been announced of widely acclaimed and beloved teachers, administrators, and staff members, leading to families protesting outside their neighborhood schools,” she added.

Miles has rebuffed any allegations of wrongdoing saying they are misrepresentation and baseless.”

Regardless, Congresswoman Garcia appeared to empathize with the call-to-actions expressed by parents and concerned HISD community members in her letter by asking the Department of Education to step in.

“I understand that the Department of Education is critically important to the wellbeing of future generations and ensuring that all stakeholders are good financial stewards of public funds is a part of that work,” she concluded. “Houston is a vibrant and diverse community, and our state government is punishing us for that; we need your help.”

22 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

We are a full-blown kleptocracy of the right with this shit. 

Some folks have known this for quite a while.  Nobody cares.  It is only going to get worse.  Including for the idiots who keep voting for them, who stupidly think they are on team Leopard.  No, you fucking idiots, you are on team "idiots who will eventually get their faces eaten by the Leopards they keep voting for."

• Hook 'Em 2

Oh for fuck's sake, Austin ISD.

Amie Ortiz, AISD executive director of talent engagement, pitched the idea to bring Breathe for Change to AISD teachers. Ortiz said as someone with a background in teaching, she wanted to do something that would impact staff and trickle down to students.

“[Teachers] work tirelessly for students and put themselves last,” Ortiz said. “This is something where they learn skills to really prioritize their own well-being.”

Breathe for Change offers training to educators through social-emotional learning practices, mindfulness and yoga to help them maintain their own well-being and bring these strategies to their classrooms.

Ortiz worked with the district’s health care provider, Aetna, to receive funding for the program, which can cost up to $3,000 per teacher.

I can see where this is going. Next August when teachers are going through beginning-of-the-year professional development, there's going to be a required "relaxation time" led by one of these wanna-be yogis. You know what would relax me? Just give me the fucking money! Or if you want to do something nice for me, take the money and get me two high-end escorts, a bottle of tequila, and a hotel room downtown. That would be way more relaxing than yoga on the school gym floor.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

Oh for fuck's sake, Austin ISD.

I can see where this is going. Next August when teachers are going through beginning-of-the-year professional development, there's going to be a required "relaxation time" led by one of these wanna-be yogis. You know what would relax me? Just give me the fucking money! Or if you want to do something nice for me, take the money and get me two high-end escorts, a bottle of tequila, and a hotel room downtown. That would be way more relaxing than yoga on the school gym floor.

Wait, if it’s being paid for by insurance, why do you care?  

32 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Wait, if it’s being paid for by insurance, why do you care?  

It's not the wasted money that bothers me. Well, it bothers me that it's not being wasted on hookers and booze for me, but I'll get over it.

It's just silly for AISD to trumpet they are solving the teacher burnout problem by teaching yoga. Twisting my fat ass into pretzels in front of my coworkers is not my idea of relaxing and doesn't solve the problem of overcrowded classrooms and lack of supplies.

It’s a huge scam 

But not Brisketexan’s Freedomeaglejesusgunlibertypatriot Academy for Freedom and anti-wokeness. We are completely aboveboard, and if you say differently, you’re part of the woke mob.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2

11 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

But not Brisketexan’s Freedomeaglejesusgunlibertypatriot Academy for Freedom and anti-wokeness. We are completely aboveboard, and if you say differently, you’re part of the woke mob.

Brisket every weds !!!

enchiladas on Thursdays !!!!

5 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Brisket every weds !!!

enchiladas on Thursdays !!!!

Dude.  No.  All realAmericanwhitepeople food only.  Hot dish.  PB&J.  Freedom Fries.  Baloney sandwiches (I'm not gonna burn my profits on feeding anything expensive to the Precious Patriots in my care).

• Haha 2

For those of you without kids in HISD.  Miles directed them to tell parents at 9PM last night and no earlier if there would be school the following day.  The Frank Black Middle School Principal (on her way out) did a decent thing and told everyone there would not be school.  The Oak Forest Elm. Principal sent out a coded message letting parents know.    

Miles stringing along parents until 9PM the night before, just to be an asshole to parents, kids and Houston in general.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 3

9 minutes ago, Nivek said:

For those of you without kids in HISD.  Miles directed them to tell parents at 9PM last night and no earlier if there would be school the following day.  The Frank Black Middle School Principal (on her way out) did a decent thing and told everyone there would not be school.  The Oak Forest Elm. Principal sent out a coded message letting parents know.    

Miles stringing along parents until 9PM the night before, just to be an asshole to parents, kids and Houston in general.

It's Texas governance -- the assholery is the point.

It's literally the ONLY point.  We have a state regime that literally has a one-line political platform: "Be complete fucking assholes."  That's it.  There's nothing else to it.  Lotta blank space on the page, because that one line is the whole fucking thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Around 3 pm yesterday HISD also providing a list of schools that had power, cooling, were ready to feed children, and would be open. That listing included schools like Helms that definitely did not have power (I know because I was there helping clean up). And it included schools like Heights High School that has no cooling (workers are trying to fix the AC). At least for Helms HISD eventually fixed its mistake at 9:5 pm and included it on a listing of "campuses that we planned to open [that] no longer have adequate power and air conditioning and will be closed." The Heights High School, the principal sent around an email asking parents to bring fans for the school while the AC is being worked on. 

Edited by Dahobbs

12 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

It’s a huge scam 

I don't know what the bigger scam is - the for-profit schools that cut every corner they can (which is what sounds like happened in Louisiana) or our state leadership convincing some of the MAGA idiots that their kids will get into some kind of amazing private school (some of the rurals are wary since they won't benefit in any way).  The really good (exclusive) private schools were not setup to make a quick buck, but to prep kids for universities, kids whose parents don't need $8,000 from the state to get their kids into those schools, and whose parents are involved with those schools.  And said schools try to only accept and then turn out the best kids they can, so those kids then do well and then give back as alumni.  These private schools the vouchers are targeting give no fucks about where their students will end up, because Blinn and aggy takes everybody.

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Around 3 pm yesterday HISD also providing a list of schools that had power, cooling, were ready to feed children, and would be open. That listing included schools like Helms that definitely did not have power (I know because I was there helping clean up). And it included schools like Heights High School that has no cooling (workers are trying to fix the AC). At least for Helms HISD eventually fixed its mistake at 9:5 pm and included it on a listing of "campuses that we planned to open [that] no longer have adequate power and air conditioning and will be closed." The Heights High School, the principal sent around an email asking parents to bring fans for the school while the AC is being worked on. 

Donald Glover GIF by Childish Gambino

36 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's Texas governance -- the assholery is the point.

It's literally the ONLY point.  We have a state regime that literally has a one-line political platform: "Be complete fucking assholes."  That's it.  There's nothing else to it.  Lotta blank space on the page, because that one line is the whole fucking thing.

At one point being an asshole was an insult.  Now it is a job description. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I don't know what the bigger scam is - the for-profit schools that cut every corner they can (which is what sounds like happened in Louisiana) or our state leadership convincing some of the MAGA idiots that their kids will get into some kind of amazing private school (some of the rurals are wary since they won't benefit in any way).  The really good (exclusive) private schools were not setup to make a quick buck, but to prep kids for universities, kids whose parents don't need $8,000 from the state to get their kids into those schools, and whose parents are involved with those schools.  And said schools try to only accept and then turn out the best kids they can, so those kids then do well and then give back as alumni.  These private schools the vouchers are targeting give no fucks about where their students will end up, because Blinn and aggy takes everybody.

1. blinn rejected Rittenhouse 😂😂

2. I had a friend, she was kinder teacher at some Baptist private school. Almost zero college, and no teaching degree or certs. Her mom and grandma were both teachers, and they helped her a lot. She was giving it her all for sure, but anyone could walk in and teach class there 

• Haha 3

So, for months, I have been trying to get my head around why vouchers are good. Last night, I was thinking about the flow of the voucher program in regards to Paragon Prep here in Austin. I don’t know their tuition, but let’s assume it’s $10k.

So, any student would get $10k of taxpayer money to decide where to go to school, so Paragon Prep gets that and the family would owe $0. Great for the family! But Paragon Prep already gets more applicants than they accept, so they decide to up tuition to $15k. They would get the $10k from the taxpayer funds and then $5k from the family.

Is that right? So Paragon Prep just gets to raise their revenue by 50% on the backs of state taxpayers?

Oh, did I mention that Paragon is owned by a PE Fund owned by “Chinese persons residing in Hong Kong”? So, now we’re just shipping Texas tax dollars to Hong Kong?

• Rage+1 2

6 minutes ago, Stringer said:

So, for months, I have been trying to get my head around why vouchers are good. Last night, I was thinking about the flow of the voucher program in regards to Paragon Prep here in Austin. I don’t know their tuition, but let’s assume it’s $10k.

So, any student would get $10k of taxpayer money to decide where to go to school, so Paragon Prep gets that and the family would owe $0. Great for the family! But Paragon Prep already gets more applicants than they accept, so they decide to up tuition to $15k. They would get the $10k from the taxpayer funds and then $5k from the family.

Is that right? So Paragon Prep just gets to raise their revenue by 50% on the backs of state taxpayers?

Oh, did I mention that Paragon is owned by a PE Fund owned by “Chinese persons residing in Hong Kong”? So, now we’re just shipping Texas tax dollars to Hong Kong?

You're getting some of it.

There are plenty of good, ethical, long-tenured private schools in the state that won't play that game: Paragon is likely one of them, St. Marks, the Jesuit schools, St. Agnes, ESD, etc.  They'll still accept the same number of kids, but now the group of kids who need financial aid will be reduced.

There are also plenty of schools that aren't as ethical (and some to be founded in short order, but my Freedomeaglegunjesuspatriot Academy is NOT among them, and I won't have you besmirch our good name!), and they will absolutely charge whatever they can to maximize their revenue.  Because they will be purely dollar-extraction enterprises, built to take tax dollars from Texas taxpayers and put them in the pockets of wealthy donors to the Regime.

And then, as a bonus, public schools will be fucked and starved of funding, as is the stated intention and design of the Regime and its biggest supporters.  Because ignorant and uneducated rubes are 1) their future voting base, and 2) their future wage slaves, voting repeatedly for the very people and policies that have buttfucked them unceasingly, because "they ain't no woke libtards!"

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You're getting some of it.

There are plenty of good, ethical, long-tenured private schools in the state that won't play that game: Paragon is likely one of them, St. Marks, the Jesuit schools, St. Agnes, ESD, etc.  They'll still accept the same number of kids, but now the group of kids who need financial aid will be reduced.

There are also plenty of schools that aren't as ethical (and some to be founded in short order, but my Freedomeaglegunjesuspatriot Academy is NOT among them, and I won't have you besmirch our good name!), and they will absolutely charge whatever they can to maximize their revenue.  Because they will be purely dollar-extraction enterprises, built to take tax dollars from Texas taxpayers and put them in the pockets of wealthy donors to the Regime.

And then, as a bonus, public schools will be fucked and starved of funding, as is the stated intention and design of the Regime and its biggest supporters.  Because ignorant and uneducated rubes are 1) their future voting base, and 2) their future wage slaves, voting repeatedly for the very people and policies that have buttfucked them unceasingly, because "they ain't no woke libtards!"

If Texas dems are smart they will infiltrate the public high school boosters and explain to them how Greg Abbott and his evangelical bosses want to destroy TXHSFB as we know it.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

If Texas dems are smart they will infiltrate the public high school boosters and explain to them how Greg Abbott and his evangelical bosses want to destroy TXHSFB as we know it.

They already have.  It isn't enough.  The insane MAGA draw is just too strong.  The faces are going to keep voting for the Leopards until there are no faces left to eat.

• Hook 'Em 1