New York Bishop wearing $1M worth of gold during sermon gets robbed on livestream

52-80

I love these self-anointed "Bishops."  Not really.

I guess they're not much worse than Catholic Bishops.  The Methodist church has bishops, so does Anglican/Episcopal, but I can't remember the last time one was scandalized.

Maybe there's an Omar Little that robs these kind of churches and their leaders.  We can hope.

The cheese stands alone.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 3

Not relevant but insurance fraud is so fucking easy in this world or at least used to be not sure anymore. When I was growing up family had cars stolen every few years and they all ended up found but burned. When I was little I really believed criminals we targeting our cars, found out later that was definitely not the case. /Csb

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Zepol87 said:

Not relevant but insurance fraud is so fucking easy in this world or at least used to be not sure anymore. When I was growing up family had cars stolen every few years and they all ended up found but burned. When I was little I really believed criminals we targeting our cars, found out later that was definitely not the case. /Csb

There's a stretch of highway from Vegas to LA that is sure to have dozens of abandoned Mercedes and BMWs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

I love these self-anointed "Bishops."  Not really.

I guess they're not much worse than Catholic Bishops.  The Methodist church has bishops, so does Anglican/Episcopal, but I can't remember the last time one was scandalized.

Maybe there's an Omar Little that robs these kind of churches and their leaders.  We can hope.

The cheese stands alone.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

There's a stretch of highway from Vegas to LA that is sure to have dozens of abandoned Mercedes and BMWs.

Not enough water to drive them into Lake Mead anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Yeahhhhhh.... about that million dollars worth of gold.....

My chimpanzee-like calculator-slappings tell me that at today's gold price of $1726 per 31.1gm, he would be hunched under about 40 pounds of raw metal. I don't see it.

Now, did he (as in, the church funds) spend a million on what he wore? Highly possible. Probably melt down at one-tenth that, and of course the thieves will get 350.

• Haha 1

This is some Juicy Smalls level staged bullshit. "Bishop" Whitehead has quite the checked past including stealing from his own congregation, grand larceny and multiple counts of identity theft. I'll be keeping my popcorn ready on this one

https://realmsofdiscordia.com/index.php/2022/07/28/brooklyn-pastor-robbed-during-sermon-stole-parishioners-savings-lawsuit-alleges/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1