Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

8 hours ago, redswingline said:

The  "all time wins" argument is weak as shit (fuck ohio state). Let's run down some reasons why..

1. The programs that started early (i.e. Ohio State in the 1890s) would have a better chance of being in the top ten vs 'newer' programs. (i.e. UCF started D1-A in 1996).

2. How many of those all-time wins were against FCS, D2 or G5 teams that were paid to come over and take an ass beating?

3. How many of those all-time wins were against teams with losing records the year they played?

4. How many of those wins came against teams that still exist? Ever heard of Otterbein, Wittenberg, Oberlin, Marietta, Ohio Medical, Muskingum and Kenyon? Those are the teams Ohio St played from the 1890s to late 1920s.

I will wrap this up with fuck ohio state and I love big naturals.

brooklyn.thumb.jpg.3d87bddc83d1754e939bea78ae94a077.jpg

Let's bring it back.

17 hours ago, slorch said:

You are wrong.  A lot.

College Station sucks.  It was in my work area for 13 years.  There is nothing there but A&M.  You are saying you'd prefer aggy over Techsans.  LOfuckingL.

College station is close to Austin and the hill country. Lubbock is close to some decent canyon hiking.... No wait that's Amarillo. What the fuck is there in Lubbock seriously. 

5 hours ago, Zeus said:

College station is close to Austin and the hill country. Lubbock is close to some decent canyon hiking.... No wait that's Amarillo. What the fuck is there in Lubbock seriously. 

And Houston for that matter and a major International airport.   In Lubbock you have to take a crop duster to DFW to catch a flight to another US city. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Yeah Texas politicians NEVER get involved in conference realignment…

Your reply is makes zero sense. No where in my post did I say politicians never get involved.

23 hours ago, redswingline said:

What surprises me is that you can't believe it. Politics is a big show.

No politician was actually going to be able to block a conference move.

Any attempt(s) to do so was purely for show.

A few???

200.gif

image.jpeg.cf18ac9dff253ccaa449a4bf474cc37a.jpeg

image.gif.0c08ce277d449cec0d8d11b0da1beb4f.gif
Most homoerotic things I’ve seen come out of Lubbock are the bell ringer guy and their dick riding of Pat Mahomes. Scoreboard: Aggy
As a homo, I take offense to any association with the aggies. They would not be allowed to our parties.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Orale said:
15 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:
A few???

200.gif

image.jpeg.cf18ac9dff253ccaa449a4bf474cc37a.jpeg

image.gif.0c08ce277d449cec0d8d11b0da1beb4f.gif
Most homoerotic things I’ve seen come out of Lubbock are the bell ringer guy and their dick riding of Pat Mahomes. Scoreboard: Aggy

As a homo, I take offense to any association with the aggies. They would not be allowed to our parties.

Username and whatnot.

53 minutes ago, redswingline said:

Your reply is makes zero sense. No where in my post did I say politicians never get involved.

Yes, because a Longhorn was in the governor’s mansion Texas was able to make this move. To say that no politician was actually going to get involved pretty much ignores the our state heavy handed involvement in the past. Just because they COULDN’T do anything this time doesn’t mean they would not have tried.

The SEC move not leaking until after the regular session and Abbott is what allowed this to go through. To claim no one would ACTUALLY try to block this is purposely disingenuous or ignorant, feel free to take your pick.

• Hook 'Em 1

A New Yorker piece on willie Nelson described Abbott as being near a famous train crash site in west Texas.

I emailed the writer and said great profile but it should’ve read west, Texas.

She said she’d never received so much feedback for one missing comma and that Texans are nuts.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

A New Yorker piece on willie Nelson described Abbott as being near a famous train crash site in west Texas.

I emailed the writer and said great profile but it should’ve read west, Texas.

She said she’d never received so much feedback for one missing comma and that Texans are nuts.

She's a writer for the New Yorker and doesn't understand the importance of distinguishing between West the town and west the region with a comma?

I bet she doesn't like (and by default, doesn't understand the importance of) the Oxford comma.  Sounds like the New Yorker's standards have gone downhill.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

She's a writer for the New Yorker and doesn't understand the importance of distinguishing between West the town and west the region with a comma?

I bet she doesn't like (and by default, doesn't understand the importance of) the Oxford comma.  Sounds like the New Yorker's standards have gone downhill.

The Oxford comma is greatly overrated.

A comma between the name of a city/town and the state is required.

5 hours ago, bolverk said:

I'm reposting the below from the realignment thread. Have any of you other Tech fans seen this old logo before?

900_Row-One-Brand_1950_s-texas-tech-art-vintage.jpg

I shot this to several friends &  relatives with deep Tech ties.  Some of em think it's fake.  LOL  None of them had seen it before.

"What gas station did they get that from?"

"Comic Book Red Raiders...LOL"

"There's no way that's real.  I'm older then hell and have never seen that one."

All that being said, for some of the fucked up unis we have had in the past dozen years or so, I'd like to see them take a cut at this theme.  At least it'd be fun.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

I shot this to several friends &  relatives with deep Tech ties.  Some of em think it's fake.  LOL  None of them had seen it before.

"There's no way that's real.  I'm older then hell and have never seen that one."

All that being said, for some of the fucked up unis we have had in the past dozen years or so, I'd like to see them take a cut at this theme.  At least it'd be fun.

used to be a bunch of old TT pics in the Furr's Cafeteria across 4th St.from the stadium back in day. I never remember seeing anything close to that.

7 minutes ago, Hpara759 said:

used to be a bunch of old TT pics in the Furr's Cafeteria across 4th St.from the stadium back in day. I never remember seeing anything close to that.

Poster that I remember from my youth...

BlH2Z9lCEAAc0Gn.jpg:large

Always laughed at aggy and thought Red Raider looked cool...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, slorch said:

I found the source:

If you love Texas Tech, you will love this vintage 1950's Texas Tech Red Raider art by Row One Brand. Created from authentic fifties art, this vintage Tech art will look great in your Lubbock game room or office. Row One Brand historic college logo wall art prints are not affiliated with, licensed, sponsored, authorized, or endorsed by any college, university, team, league, artist, athlete, venue, other brand, or licensing entity. Only non-copyright, historic memorabilia is used by Row One to create our wall art prints. Derivative art © 2021 Row One Brand

https://www.pictorem.com/406038/Vintage Fifties Texas Tech Art.html#fulltext

About page:

Vintage Sports Art, Historic Tickets, & Pop Culture Art
Welcome to Row One Brand's vintage art gallery, a jaw-dropping collection of historic sports tickets, retro sports art, and pop culture prints. Row One is an American brand that offers fans unique sports art prints and gifts, vintage college art, throwback advertisements, and pop culture art created from historic memorabilia that includes historic sports ticket stubs, vintage concert tickets, retro sneaker ads, gameday ads, and rare sports artifacts that make unique works of art.

So, I can't quite tell if it's real or faux vintage. They possibly got the design from some obscure ticket or game program. Either way, I dig it. Thanks for checking with the fam.

21 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

To say that no politician was actually going to get involved pretty much ignores the our state heavy handed involvement in the past.

. To claim no one would ACTUALLY try to block this

You might be a football fan but you're not a fan of reading comprehension.

I neither stated that no politicians were going to get involved, nor did I state that no one would try to block a move. I will put my post down below, again.

On 8/26/2023 at 3:42 PM, redswingline said:

What surprises me is that you can't believe it. Politics is a big show.

No politician was actually going to be able to block a conference move.

Any attempt(s) to do so was purely for show.

The bill submitted was symbolic. Aka "for show".  I did not get into the reasons for that, but now I will.

The +30 government representatives that signed, did it for show. It had no chance of getting discussed, let alone passing. It was done for symbolism-  to say they were unhappy with the conference move.

The Bill was submitted after the Democrats quorum-busted and left for DC (To go block a GOP bill).

The Bill was unrelated to anything on the special session agenda for Governor Abbott - meaning, that it was ineligible to be passed as law. Even if Abbott had added it to the special session, it would have been pointless because quorum was not met.

Edited by redswingline

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Tech hype is building...   

Target on their backs?? 🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯

Chris Level: Texas Tech's Strength Of This Team Is Its Lack of Weakness | Texas Tech Football

I used to work with Level, he's a very smart guy. Really knows football, really genuine guy. Not saying he can't be wrong.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I used to work with Level, he's a very smart guy. Really knows football, really genuine guy. Not saying he can't be wrong.

The problem with all of these beat guys is perspective. Their only real point of comparison are their own past teams. Who gives a shit if Tech is better than last year? It took them overtime at home, 8 fourth down conversions, an injury to our star QB and WR, and a freak of nature fumble by an all american running back to beat us by 3. We are markedly better than last season. We are gearing up for a move to the SEC, we are on a completely different curve than they are. They have no idea what will be waiting for them in November. Joey can talk all the shit he wants, lots of bugs get really confident in their ability to fly before they meet the windshield.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, slorch said:

4 to go.  Bam!

ghows-TX-fc17546c-16f6-44ab-94e5-aee3988

My freshman year at Tech I'm living in Weymouth.  Bam would hold court down in the lobby, just hanging out in the lounge.  Rumor is he was doing more than just hanging out and holding court...he was engage in certain business transactions.

Apprenticeship, if you will...

Funny part to that is he came from Cooper, Texas, now a 3A school probably with around 60 kids in his Senior class.  There he is finding his niche.   LOL and SMDH at the same time.  If Tech has had a better BIG back in my lifetime, i don't remember him.