Tell me about Texas Tech

Longboard Horn

On 9/25/2023 at 12:07 PM, Asithappens said:

Tech is like your well-meaning, half-way likeable cousin that knows they aren't as good as you, but every now and then pulls one over on you. But, even if they don't admit it, they know their place.

You've never seen Tech fans on Twitter, have you?  They don't know their place, they are dumb as shit and they can all fuck themselves and their shitty team.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Hook 'Em 1

• 3 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Crockett said:

Texas Tech and BYU Are Still Talking About the Spitting Penalty

A Texas Tech player was ejected from the game on Saturday for spitting on a BYU defensive end Tyler Batty

CASEY LUNDQUIST       2 HOURS AGO

During Saturday's game between Texas Tech and BYU, Texas Tech tight end Jayden York was ejected for spitting on BYU defensive end Tyler Batty. Batty met with the media after the game and he was asked about the spitting penalty.

"It was a field goal...I get up and this dude just comes out of nowhere and then spits in my face," Batty said. He continued, saying it wasn't the only time a Tech player spit in his face. "Actually to end the game. Their right tackle, number 76, did the same thing."

In the days following the game, few people on either side were talking about the spitting penalty. Then, Texas Tech head coach Joey McGuire defended Jayden York in an interview with the media on Wednesday.

"Jayden York said he did not do it," McGuire said. "I've seen every video, tv copy, I would ask y'all to go back and review the TV copy...if I spit in your face there would be a reaction and the reaction is you either wipe it off or you hit me in the mouth...just go watch the TV copy as a logical human being the conclusions that you draw."

McGuire's comments prompted BYU cornerback Eddie Heckard to post that Jayden York also spit on him earlier in the game. "He spit on me early in the game, it's on film too!" Heckard wrote.

BYUtv's Jarom Jordan looked back at the tape and found the play where York allegedly spit on Heckard. In the first quarter, York removes his mouthpiece, checks for a referee, then he appears to spit on Heckard who wears the number five jersey.

This isn't the first time a Texas Tech player has been accused of spitting on an opponent under head coach Joey McGuire. After the TaxAct Bowl last year, Ole Miss head coach Lane Kiffin accused a Tech player of spitting on one of his players.

Whether York spit on two BYU players or not, we may never know. It seems unlikely that two BYU players, who have never accused another player of spitting on them in the past, would falsely accuse a player of spitting on them. Regardless, it's moments like this that will create future rivalries in a Big 12 conference that has forced former strangers to live under the same roof. Saturday's game between Texas Tech and BYU was the first game between these two programs since the 1940's. Now that the Red Raiders and the Cougars are in the same conference, these two teams will play each other a lot more frequently. 

Up until this point, Big 12 fanbases have been united in their fight for survival and supremacy over the Pac-12. Now that games are being played and teams are losing games, those days are over.

interesting thing is the Tech President is kind of an introvert he discussed it back when he was named President of Tech he was not really putting himself out there as a candidate and was happy as the interim and he worried his propensity to not be out there in the public a lot would work against the university, but lot of faculty encouraged him and he decided to take the position

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2023 at 10:37 AM, OU Sucks said:

You've never seen Tech fans on Twitter, have you?  They don't know their place, they are dumb as shit and they can all fuck themselves and their shitty team.

I cannot speak about Twitter, but I can tell you that Tech grads are a valuable part of the community in Houston

texasTechPizza.thumb.jpg.d312bda963257aa7f0230c30339b9055.jpg

• Haha 4

Decent stuff regarding tech team in video.  

Did not realize that tech had so many injuries this year.  Obviously at QB lost 2 for awhile, but injured OG, 6'9" TE, and possession WR may be returning Friday.  DT hurt last week is a maybe for Texas game.  Two safeties banged up with their best safety hurt last week and not expected to play Friday.  

Was not aware tech LBs were as good as they are.

TT, as a program, gets it about the need for a serious NIL program, better than the other IR8. They are also most likely to get good home attendance (and maybe road draws?) than the others. I think they have the best chance to prosper going fwd. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 11/25/2023 at 12:39 AM, Rickylovesweed said:

McGuire has his work cut out. They are devoid of talent on offense once they lose Tahj Brooks. This is a 3 win team this year without Brooks. 

Kittley is pretty damn awful. McGuire should probably be looking for a new OC. 

Price in the portal? I’m selling hard on McGuire being at Tech in 2 years. Kittley had completely destroyed their offensive roster. 

There doesn't even need to be a reason to kill the game with Texas and Tech.  If OJ's treatment in Lubbock is the reason why, then fucking great.

Fine print:  It isn't going to resume  any way.

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, slorch said:

There doesn't even need to be a reason to kill the game with Texas and Tech.  If OJ's treatment in Lubbock is the reason why, then fucking great.

Fine print:  It isn't going to resume  any way.

I don't think the football series was going to resume any time soon anyway, but other sports like basketball or, especially, baseball would have been ripe for non-conf matchups.

Those are off the table now.

• Hook 'Em 1