Longhorn Network

TXs

On 8/29/2022 at 9:13 PM, mrhorn said:

There is an app IPTV Smarters that works on your phone, smart tv or Apple TV. It is $10/month and you get any channel all over the world. You can watch any NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. They have a category with all PPV channels ESPN+ channels etc and Longhorn Network is on there. We watch all UFC usually with no issues. I was skeptical when someone told me about it but it’s been legit and they have pretty prompt customer service.

IPTV Smarters Pro no longer available on iOS.  Just the lite version which all the reviews are complaining about and doesn’t seem to have access to LHN.  Any other suggestions?

On 8/29/2022 at 8:13 PM, mrhorn said:

There is an app IPTV Smarters that works on your phone, smart tv or Apple TV. It is $10/month and you get any channel all over the world. You can watch any NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. They have a category with all PPV channels ESPN+ channels etc and Longhorn Network is on there. We watch all UFC usually with no issues. I was skeptical when someone told me about it but it’s been legit and they have pretty prompt customer service.

Iptv smarters is just the iptv player. You still need to sign up to an IPTV service and you can use smarters if you like with m3u or xtreams code. 

I prefer tvmate myself as the player. 

It's not the easiest thing in the world to get set up. You need some technical knowledge on how to configure the connection between the player and the service. Unless you find a service that offers their own pre-setup player for download. 

That said it's worth the effort once you get it. You can watch literally anything that's on TV pretty much anywhere. Every sporting event from low level college football to all pro sports to euro/Asian crickett if you wanted. 

On 8/29/2022 at 8:27 PM, wood said:

I assume that means live streaming only, right? Is it pausable, etc?

With tivimate there's a way to record on to a USB drive. You have to buy a cheap connector on Amazon and there's a steep learning curve to getting it set up but once you do you can record. I have a 256 gb drive connected to one of my firesticks I use to record. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Iptv smarters is just the iptv player. You still need to sign up to an IPTV service and you can use smarters if you like with m3u or xtreams code. 

I prefer tvmate myself as the player. 

It's not the easiest thing in the world to get set up. You need some technical knowledge on how to configure the connection between the player and the service. Unless you find a service that offers their own pre-setup player for download. 

That said it's worth the effort once you get it. You can watch literally anything that's on TV pretty much anywhere. Every sporting event from low level college football to all pro sports to euro/Asian crickett if you wanted. 

With tivimate there's a way to record on to a USB drive. You have to buy a cheap connector on Amazon and there's a steep learning curve to getting it set up but once you do you can record. I have a 256 gb drive connected to one of my firesticks I use to record. 

Which IPTV service are you using?

7 hours ago, mrhorn said:

I’ve been using YouTube tv for about 3 years now.

YouTube TV is not an IPTV service.

21 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I looked at adding ESPN+ to my youtube tv lineup, on accounta because I was seeing shitloads of ads for ESPN+, all of which (iirc) included mention of LHN. For $10 a month, I figgered it was a no-brainer. Went to "manage" the youtube tv account, looked at the ESPN+ channels... and didn't see LHN. Chat agent said LHN was "part of your cable, and ESPN+ will see it and let you use it". I told him my "cable" is youtube tv, dumb fuck. Where is LHN?  He didn't know, he works for ESPN+, not for youtube. I fuckin' sweater gawd, those Elon Tesla satellites must be beaming down stupid rays on population centers, including wherever ESPN Help Chatters dwell.

EDIT: Still haven't found a sure-fire way to get LHN other than Sling and various "just like cable for only 69.95 per month" outfits. Sling's probably the cheapest of the lot for me, so far. I am not well-disposed toward anything ESPN these days. Asteroid strike, hypersonic fusion bomb, what have you.

Yeah I've had youtube tv for a couple years now and also espn+. LHN does show up in espn+ but when I select it I'm asked for my provider (youtube). Since LHN isn't part of youtube package I can't access it.

• Hook 'Em 1

IPTV Smarters Pro no longer available on iOS.  Just the lite version which all the reviews are complaining about and doesn’t seem to have access to LHN.  Any other suggestions?

I started to have trouble with PRO and switched over to Lite and haven’t had many problems. LHN is still offered in IPTV. Just pulled it up on my phone through Smarters Player Lite.

673445e42cf1898c6c55c674417c4869.png
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, mrhorn said:

Correct, you asked which provider I was using and thought just for general TV.

So which IPTV Service provider are you using? Smarters is just a player, not a provider. Curious what provider you are using that is only $10 a month. Most I'm finding are double that.

12 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Also, note for the cord cutters that if you only get Sling Orange you will NOT get FS1 for week two against Bama.  Orange+Blue to get LHN and Fox channel needed to watch both.  

Texas-Alabama is going to be on Fox National (OTA), not FS1.  I have no idea whether or not Sling includes local OTA channels, just wanted to clarify that point.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/30/2022 at 11:10 AM, JBJ said:

You have to have a Texas location and at least Choice tier (the 2nd one).  It's like 667 or something.

If you don't have a Texas location, you can still WatchESPN it logging in with Directv.  No ESPN+ needed.

You’re saying a directv package sans lhn, out of state, can log into espn with/via directv login, and lhn works?

11 minutes ago, ousux said:

Can't find a channel list anywhere, which tier to choose? Also..does the 24hr trial have LHN?

Also, fuck Hulu+ live TV for being the most expensive streamer, owned by the mouse, yet no LHN? What the fuck Disney?

yea, I followed the link and could not see what the hell is going on. what's with "adult" non "adult"?

fuddled around and gave up

2 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

You’re saying a directv package sans lhn, out of state, can log into espn with/via directv login, and lhn works?

I can do it that way.  As far as I can guess ESPN checks the provider (maybe tier) but not the location.

13 hours ago, Dilligas said:

Yeah I've had youtube tv for a couple years now and also espn+. LHN does show up in espn+ but when I select it I'm asked for my provider (youtube). Since LHN isn't part of youtube package I can't access it.

Same. It has made me hate LHN as a result. But $30 for two games is worth it for Sling for a month to me. 

10 hours ago, UnivTex34 said:

So which IPTV Service provider are you using? Smarters is just a player, not a provider. Curious what provider you are using that is only $10 a month. Most I'm finding are double that.

I've posted about this service in the past, they rely on service vs app name confusion to sell their mediocre service. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, ousux said:

Can't find a channel list anywhere, which tier to choose? Also..does the 24hr trial have LHN?

Also, fuck Hulu+ live TV for being the most expensive streamer, owned by the mouse, yet no LHN? What the fuck Disney?

Yes. It’s under Premium Sports. So worth it. 

11 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Are you using a VPN?

Guessing log into the site and then stream to tv?

You can use IPTV Smarters or they will send you a link to download their app.  I have a Fire TV and I use it that way. I did KODI forever and this is way better 

Interesting. I'll look into that more, but info is a bit rough to find.

I just ran across this: https://www.vidgo.com/

$59.95/mo, 110 channels, including LHN (with no mention of location restrictions)

One of Vidgo’s greatest strengths lies in its range of sports channels. You’ll have access to six ESPN channels, FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, NFL Network, NFL Redzone, and Stadium. It’s also one of the few live TV streaming services that provide access to all four NCAA channels: Big Ten Network, Longhorn Network, Pac-12 Network, and SEC Network. The service offers solid coverage of most major sports but lacks the local networks that carry live MLB, NFL, and NBA games.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, RollLeft said:

Also, note for the cord cutters that if you only get Sling Orange you will NOT get FOX for week two against Bama.  Orange+Blue to get LHN and Fox channel needed to watch both.  

I plan on getting discounted Orange for the two LHN games this month and doing the FuboTV 7-day trial for the Bama game. 

31 minutes ago, Marcusshelton said:

I plan on getting discounted Orange for the two LHN games this month and doing the FuboTV 7-day trial for the Bama game. 

I could be wrong but the Bama game is a national Fox broadcast so an over the air antenna could get the job done if your TV already has it built in. 

LHN has been a fuckup from the get-go. I appreciate that DeLoss had the foresight (or the advise) to pursue the network in the first place, but the half- maybe quarter-assed realization makes me wonder if the whole thing was (and still is) a scam by ESPN with assistance from DeLoss and/or other UT employees. To his credit, he did at least start the process as a Big XII network, which got nixed by some short-sighted schools because Reasons about their lower-tier deals with others, plus, well, you know... Texas and the BOMC. And he did turn next to a Texas network, with aggy, Tech, and TCU (I think) as partners. But Nope to that one, as well.

Now it seems that our deal with ESPN is going to be "rolled into" the SEC, which is not surprising, since it's such a piece of shit in so many ways. Whether and if so, how much we wind up getting paid for that remains to be seen. It seems possible that ESPN will go a long way toward paying off some part, if not all, of the UT/0U exit fee. And that could happen sooner than we think. 

My major wish for the merger is that Lowell Galindo gets moved to a Talking Head position on the Finebaum show...

17 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

LHN has been a fuckup from the get-go. I appreciate that DeLoss had the foresight (or the advise) to pursue the network in the first place, but the half- maybe quarter-assed realization makes me wonder if the whole thing was (and still is) a scam by ESPN with assistance from DeLoss and/or other UT employees. To his credit, he did at least start the process as a Big XII network, which got nixed by some short-sighted schools because Reasons about their lower-tier deals with others, plus, well, you know... Texas and the BOMC. And he did turn next to a Texas network, with aggy, Tech, and TCU (I think) as partners. But Nope to that one, as well.

Now it seems that our deal with ESPN is going to be "rolled into" the SEC, which is not surprising, since it's such a piece of shit in so many ways. Whether and if so, how much we wind up getting paid for that remains to be seen. It seems possible that ESPN will go a long way toward paying off some part, if not all, of the UT/0U exit fee. And that could happen sooner than we think. 

My major wish for the merger is that Lowell Galindo gets moved to a Talking Head position on the Finebaum show...

In the final analysis, a one-school channel is a tall order to pull off.  Even though we have a huge fanbase, outside of Texas, it's not at all concentrated, so selling subscriptions was never going to work out very well, particularly the way content packages are bundled to and by cable providers.

We got a fair shit ton of money from DiSPN for it.  The non-football content, principally baseball and volleyball, is spectacular and I would be pissed without it, and we would not have had it until moving to SEC.  In football and basketball, it's only really an issue for the one or two non-con nobody games, and frankly it would have been an issue regardless, as they are usually on some obscure channel no one has.

To quote Darrell, ol' ugly is better'n ol' nothin'.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2