Longhorn Network

TXs

On 9/3/2022 at 1:42 PM, victory88 said:

Alright, just signed up for slingtv for $30 for the 1st month.  Going to cancel it after week 3.  Like people said, the orange package and sports package.  You should get LHN

I did this today.  It's a bit to pay for one game, but whatever.  I waste more money on things I care less about.

I saw this mentioned elsewhere, but if you want the introductory discount and have used sling before, any Gmail account with an added period in the address will work as a "new" customer but still send to your mail.  My Gmail is firstnamelastname@gmail.  I used first name.lastname@gmail and got the new user trial discount.

Edit to add, I couldn't be happier I'll never do this again.  Good riddance, Lowell.

Edited by Bill Lumbergh
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I did this today.  It's a bit to pay for one game, but whatever.  I waste more money on things I care less about.

I saw this mentioned elsewhere, but if you want the introductory discount and have used sling before, any Gmail account with an added period in the address will work as a "new" customer but still send to your mail.  My Gmail is firstnamelastname@gmail.  I used first name.lastname@gmail and got the new user trial discount.

Edit to add, I couldn't be happier I'll never do this again.  Good riddance, Lowell.

I have both sling blue and orange but don't get LHN. I believe LHN is part of an add-on sports package.

If you know someone with LHN from a Spectrum cable sub you can use their credentials to log into the ESPN app and watch LHN.  Might be an issue if they are trying to do the same thing from a different location but it works fine if they are watching cable and you are using the creds on the ESPN app.

10 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

You need a minimum of the Choice package if you live in Texas — if you don’t you’ll need the Premier package or add the Sports Pack to Choice

FWIW I don’t live in or close to Texas and can not get LHN via DirecTV or DTV Stream. I’ll find a stream for this - I tried Vidgo last year and a pirated stream was easier to find, didn’t buffer as much and wasn’t as delayed. 

29 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I use this app a lot. It’s great. It’s listed as Dofu Sportive Hub in the IOS App Store

Thanks just got it. Seems to work well for the games going on right now. Only problem is I can't cast the video to the TV but I can just  mirror the phone screen to it instead. 

2 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I’m going to pay the 20 dollars for Vidgo. That way I can pause record and do all the other bullshit and don’t have to worry about a stream crapping out on me. 

Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Holy shit, I can't get vidgo to even open longhorn network

38 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Tried that, said "Resource not available"

I'll juust go through Edge and watch

Yeah - their interface is worse than the old PSVue UI.  I was able to log in on my phone and select the pre-game, game, and post-game to record.  Watching LHN (Rewind) right now logged in on my PC.

The Vidgo app is shit.  I'll be canceling before the month is up.